ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manchi_boi
BANNED

urgent

Post by manchi_boi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 am

hello guys
im on psw ending in May 2013, thinking to do anoter master degree program, is it possible to apply for visa extension within UK? from psw to tier4 ? also i got one dependent as well do de hv to go back to reapply as dependent?? ? im in uk since 2006, please advise soo... thanks
also is there any other way to get extension??? for atleast 3 years , caz i m thinking to go for 10 years residency... thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: urgent

Post by tuliprose » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:03 pm

manchi_boi wrote:hello guys
im on psw ending in May 2013, thinking to do anoter master degree program, is it possible to apply for visa extension within UK? from psw to tier4 ? also i got one dependent as well do de hv to go back to reapply as dependent?? ? im in uk since 2006, please advise soo... thanks
also is there any other way to get extension??? for atleast 3 years , caz i m thinking to go for 10 years residency... thanks
You can switch to Tier 4 visa inside UK. But it depends on how many years in total have you studied in UK.

If you are planning to study 3 more years then I don't think any Masters course is for three years. Generally Masters degree is for 1-2 years.

You can do PhD to get 3 years visa and complete your 10 years.

Please keep in mind that you cann't study more than 8 years in total here in UK.

manchi_boi
BANNED

Post by manchi_boi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 pm

tuliprose wrote:
You can switch to Tier 4 visa inside UK. But it depends on how many years in total have you studied in UK.

If you are planning to study 3 more years then I don't think any Masters course is for three years. Generally Masters degree is for 1-2 years.

Please keep in mind that you cann't study more than 8 years in total here in UK.
Thank you very much for this reply.

well i came here in sep 2006 on study visa till May 2011 completed Masters , got PSW MAY-2011 to May 2013... soo according to ur advise i still got 3 years ?? but yes i can only do PHD..:( right??

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:49 am

manchi_boi wrote:
tuliprose wrote:

Thank you very much for this reply.

well i came here in sep 2006 on study visa till May 2011 completed Masters , got PSW MAY-2011 to May 2013... soo according to ur advise i still got 3 years ?? but yes i can only do PHD..:( right??
You can do any masters which is different than your previous masters degree. Also, your institute must justify in CAS letter that how this new course is different and will benefit you.

manchi_boi
BANNED

Post by manchi_boi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks You soo much ... yeah i will go for that :)