ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Sec 1(3) application - Certificate in hand in 24 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi wpilr_nov'12,

Its me again, your recent acquaintance who once used to be busy.

I have got a question (any senior member can answer plz);

We are a family of 5 (famour five). I have got ILR earlier this week and now have received the biometric cards as well.

Basically, I, my wife and my overseas born child got ILR.

Besides, I have two more children that were born in the UK.

First ukborn child has an overseas passport with an expired T1(G) Dependant visa (expired on 1 Oct' 12). He has also been visiting family overseas since 2009 (birth). DO I NEED TO SEND HIS OVERSEAS PASSPORT ALONGWITH HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

Second ukborn child does not have any passport. Do I need to make one overseas passport for this child? MN1 Guidance notes says;

FOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE UK

• Child’s full birth certificate AND
• Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports
AND
• Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
Please note - only include children who are not already British
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
as a deed, will or court order.

Please reply. Thanks very much in advance wpilr_nov12.
gen

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Genuflexion, Because of your slightly complex situation, you will need to proceed two-prongs. Could you post your question as a new post so that you will benefit from specialized help...

Welcome to this side...
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 pm

genuflexion wrote:Hi wpilr_nov'12,

Its me again, your recent acquaintance who once used to be busy.

I have got a question (any senior member can answer plz);

We are a family of 5 (famour five). I have got ILR earlier this week and now have received the biometric cards as well.

Basically, I, my wife and my overseas born child got ILR.

Besides, I have two more children that were born in the UK.

First ukborn child has an overseas passport with an expired T1(G) Dependant visa (expired on 1 Oct' 12). He has also been visiting family overseas since 2009 (birth). DO I NEED TO SEND HIS OVERSEAS PASSPORT ALONGWITH HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

Second ukborn child does not have any passport. Do I need to make one overseas passport for this child? MN1 Guidance notes says;

FOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE UK

• Child’s full birth certificate AND
• Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports
AND
• Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
Please note - only include children who are not already British
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
as a deed, will or court order.

Please reply. Thanks very much in advance wpilr_nov12.
If the child has a passport, you should send it. If the child doesn't have a passport, there is no need to issue one for the application.

Simple.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Can I take your 1 mins please? I'm going to apply MN1 application for my UK born son.

But I do have only ILR as my husband has Tier 1 PBS dependent visa. Should I can apply MN1 application for my son? Or I've to wait for my husband ILR?

Many thanks,
Rubi

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:Hi Guys,

Can I take your 1 mins please? I'm going to apply MN1 application for my UK born son.

But I do have only ILR as my husband has Tier 1 PBS dependent visa. Should I can apply MN1 application for my son? Or I've to wait for my husband ILR?

Many thanks,
Rubi
Yes , u can . Make sure you sign the form rather your husband. And take no objection letter from your husband.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 am

Thank you very much

I’ve called my local authority (Crawley) to book appointment for my UK born Son (MN1) application. But they are telling me that for registration you should have ILR at least one year old and I got ILR last week. Is this is the right information?

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Post by KALA2013 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Rubina,

Did u get an answer for this? Is it true that for registration you should have ILR at least one year old???

I am also in a similar situation. I have received my ILR last week? I am in the process of applying MN1 form for my baby?

Please help.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:57 pm

KALA2013 wrote:Hi Rubina,

Did u get an answer for this? Is it true that for registration you should have ILR at least one year old???

I am also in a similar situation. I have received my ILR last week? I am in the process of applying MN1 form for my baby?

Please help.
No guys its not true. You can apply for MN1 as soon as you get your ILR. I got my ILR last month in Feb, applied for MN1 later in Feb and now got the certificate. I used NCS Croydon so rest assured you can apply as soon as you have ILR.

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Post by KALA2013 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks Shahid, that is useful.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:00 pm

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm

FYI, you can use any other NCS near you. You don't have to go to your local authority's NCS.

Also, the NCS fee varies between them, so best to check the fee aspect as well if you are looking around.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:I’ve called my local authority (Crawley) to book appointment for my UK born Son (MN1) application. But they are telling me that for registration you should have ILR at least one year old and I got ILR last week. Is this is the right information?
The possibility is that the person over the phone might've misinterpreted your Son's Registration with yours. It is yourself who rather need a year old ILR for Naturalisation if that clears the mist.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

santosh386
Newly Registered

Post by santosh386 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Somudro wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:The long answer is on page 21 top introductory paragraph of the MN1 Guide.
If you dont mind, What is the short answer?
The short answer is NO. How did you became a member of standing??? :twisted:

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:17 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Got the Registration done and received approvals and docs back. Certificate Received. Application sent (posted) 7/1/2013. Certificate received 31/1/2013. Total 24 days.

Photo:
used my DSLR camera, took pictures at home, processed online (free) to meet UKBA specs, printed at Tesco, total for 2 kids = 30p.

Documents supplied:
copies of both parents ILR approval letter, BRP card, marriage certificate,
original of Long form birth certificates both kids.
No passports or copies supplied, kids don't already have thier own passports.
Did not certify any copies.

Referees:
1 Accountant by profession - does not have BC, my acquaintance
2 Wife's friend - with BC

Payment:
Bank draft for £827.00. (plus extra £20 bank charge) On payment form, mentioned both names.

Cover letter:
mentioned payment was for joint applicants (with names)
list of documents submitted.

Did not use NCS - saved £80, half day's salary, travel expenses,

Posted Signed-for £6.XX
Included return SASE £6.XX.
hi according to guide it says you have to send original documents.
do i have to send original passport & brp?

geemo

Re: MN1 Sec 1(3) application - Certificate in hand in 24 day

Post by geemo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:48 pm

I was about to submit my child's MN1 for and noticed it was for 2012 and check and found out there is another for 2013, I had the 2012 form signed by references but it's such a pain to get the new form signed, would it be ok if I used the page from the old form for the new form? Is it a big deal or should I go ahead and try to get the new one signed again or send it as is.

geemo

Post by geemo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm

geemo wrote:I was about to submit my child's MN1 for and noticed it was for 2012 and check and found out there is another for 2013, I had the 2012 form signed by references but it's such a pain to get the new form signed, would it be ok if I used the page from the old form for the new form? Is it a big deal or should I go ahead and try to get the new one signed again or send it as is.
I decided to go through pain of getting referee to sign it again, better than getting a rejection based on such a small thing. What a bother!!!

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:11 pm

MN1 Form query

(1.9) Nationality. Should i leave it blank as i haven't made a passport for the baby born in UK ??
(1.36) My wife will apply for her FLR (M). so leave this blank ???
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:03 pm

aakkoo wrote:MN1 Form query

(1.9) Nationality. Should i leave it blank as i haven't made a passport for the baby born in UK ??
(1.36) My wife will apply for her FLR (M). so leave this blank ???
(5.8 ) If the referee is not british should we leave it blank or write the passport number ???
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"