ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

criminial convection

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tcmydear
Newly Registered

criminial convection

Post by tcmydear » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm

I am on ILR (General) 10 years long residency. My wife was dependant visa of tier 1 before applied for Flr m. she is completing her two years. and after getting FLR M she can apply for Set M.

Few days ago my wife made mistake of shop lifting and she was caught in shop . Later police was called and she was taken to the police station. After keeping some time in police station taking the information from her she wa allowed to go home but their case was forward to the court and She told to pay penalty in court.She have charged and pay penalty. I am sure this is criminal conviction.

Can some one please tell me will this shop lifting can affect on her ILR Set M application status as my spouse?
Thanks for your time.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 pm

If you are sure this is a criminal conviction, this will effect her ILR application. Get a CRB check done, see if it comes up on it. If it does, she has to wait for 2 YEARS as per the new rules(cannot make application if conviction is within 24 months at the time application was made)
Last edited by Gagan1986 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Advisable to do the CRB check through Disclosure Scotland . Relevant details are on their web site.

tcmydear
Newly Registered

Post by tcmydear » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

I think when you charged by police a and send to magistrates court; if you accept guilty the court fine you. is this criminal convection. Am I right?
Gagan1986 wrote:If you are sure this is a criminal conviction, this will effect her ILR application. Get a CRB check done, see if it comes up on it. If it does, she has to wait for 2 YEARS as per the new rules(cannot make application if conviction is within 24 months at the time application was made)

star1980
Newly Registered

Re: criminial convection

Post by star1980 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 pm

can u clear me,
when ur wife caught and go to police station,
the police ask u want go in court or not, u recive any letter then u attend the court.
becuae when i caught six year ago , ask me u need a solicitor i m too much confuse i said why i need solicitors,
and i didnt receive any letter, no any fine by police,
after i request crb bt still show on crb caution, reprimand, warning,
i dont know this thing is effect on my ilr,
plz clear me after police station u receive a letter then u go to court and police give the notice on same day , u r going on this date,
thanks

tcmydear
Newly Registered

Post by tcmydear » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm

YOU DONT HV PROBLEM FOR ILR. UR CONVICTION IS MORE THAN 3 YEARS.
but you are safe. and can apply ILR.
star1980 wrote:can u clear me,
the police ask u want go in court or not, u recive any letter then u attend the court.
becuae when i caught six year ago , ask me u need a solicitor i m too much confuse i said why i need solicitors,
plz clear me after police station u receive a letter then u go to court and police give the notice on same day , u r going on this date,
thanks

star1980
Newly Registered

Post by star1980 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 pm

thanks
after 13dec2012 need it to disclose or nt,
and confirm me before 13dec2012 need it to disclose it or nt,
thanks

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:00 pm

thanks
Hi, star1980, when you say the caution shows in your CRB check, it is a basic check, standard or enhanced check?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:03 pm

alanwong wrote:
thanks
Hi, star1980, when you say the caution shows in your CRB check, it is a basic check, standard or enhanced check?
A caution will not show up on a basic/disclosure Scotland check. You need to send a SAR to your local police station and request all information on the PNC. A standard and enhanced disclosure will also show cautions at the moment.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.