ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Successful at Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vivg
Newly Registered

ILR Successful at Liverpool PEO

Post by vivg » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 am

Dear All,

I am one of the many beneficiary of this forum. This is great forum and massively informative, big thank you to the adminstrators and folks running this website.

I had an appointment yesterday at liverpool and was granted ILR. My details are below:

I entered as a work permit holder in March 2008, switched to tier2(ICT) on 7th Jan 2010. My latest visa was tier1(General).

My appointment was at 11am, but they started the proceedings as soon as i reached about 10:30am. The staff at liverpool were very friendly and atmosphere was pretty relaxed. I prepared a list of documents:
1) Application form
2) Photographs
3) Passport+BRP
4) Salary Slips 12 months
5) Bank statements 12 months
6) Maintenance funds 3 months
7) Degree Certificate
8) cohab documents - council tax, bank statement, nhs letter, my wife P60
9) Home office letter successful for tier(1) and initial WP
10) P60 since i entered
11) Employer letter

The case work minimal documents 1-5, from the big fat file i had. It took the whole proceedings about 1.5 hour. I was expecting them to ask for more documents but the case worker called and gave us the good news. The following were minor issues that i was expecting to be queried upon but wasn't poked at all:

1) My tier(1) general was granted through appeal. Initially home office rejected the application in 2011 due to an error in vetting documents, i appealed against the decision and the decision was made by judge on the same day of hearing. i was expecting case worker to ask few questions in this regard. I have carried the entire appeal correspondence document with me.

2) My total absences in 5 years were 212 days, one of the absence was for 87 days on business trip to Singapore. As per the new rules this is not an issue, as in no 12 consecutive months my absence was greater than 180 days. again no question asked. i provided a detailed absence sheet with the application.

3) I had a FPN issued in 2011 for crossing red light on my bicycle. This was duly paid in the stipulated time. I mentioned this to the person at the initial assessment desk and she said i should not worry about that.

I am very pleased with the staff demeanour in liverpool. Good luck to everyone. Please keep this forum up and running, its big big help.

Digvijay
Newly Registered

Post by Digvijay » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 am

Congrats dude...
Just wana check did they check all your dates in and out ? did they match all data ? as i am also 210 days out and few dates r not clear , spl exit dates.

cheers

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Congrats !!! can you please list down the content of your absence sheet ? I have 186 days outside country with longest trip being of 84 days on Business to India. I dont have employer letter or supporting documents for same and hence a bit worried.

I am on WP (1 yr) + Tier 1 G (4 Yrs). It will be really helpful if you can mention about your absences sheet. I will try to frame a similar one. My PEO is on 12th Feb, appreciate your help

Many Thanks

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Congratulations Vivg.
I will be applying at Liverpool same time next month. Your case has given me lot of confidence :)
I was a bit worried as everyone was recommending Solihull. However it is difficult to get an appt there.