ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neo.kap

Cohabitation docs

Post by neo.kap » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:51 am

I am applying for ILR with dependent wife in next couple of days. I have very limited docs to show cohab. Can you pls davise whether they are ok or I need to add more?

1. NHS cards
2. letter from GP mentioning we are registed with GP and living at mentioned addressed along with all the appointment we had with GP so far.
3. Residency letter from Electoral service office.
4. Eletoral form for 2012.
5. Joint Bank statments (Oct 2012 - Jan 2013, covers last 5 months only)

Are these sufficient?

Recently I added her name on council tax. Council sent me copies of council tax bills of last two years with both's name on bills. Do you advise to add this letter too?

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 pm

anyone pls help?

aarnav

Similar Thread may help

Post by aarnav » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Cohabitation docs

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 pm

neo.kap wrote:I am applying for ILR with dependent wife in next couple of days. I have very limited docs to show cohab. Can you pls davise whether they are ok or I need to add more?

1. NHS cards
2. letter from GP mentioning we are registed with GP and living at mentioned addressed along with all the appointment we had with GP so far.
3. Residency letter from Electoral service office.
4. Eletoral form for 2012.
5. Joint Bank statments (Oct 2012 - Jan 2013, covers last 5 months only)

Are these sufficient?

Recently I added her name on council tax. Council sent me copies of council tax bills of last two years with both's name on bills. Do you advise to add this letter too?
I would include the council tax letters. In any case you will be ok with these documents.

onabanjo

Cohabitation docs

Post by onabanjo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

All the documents you listed constitute cohabitation documents.

However, I will advise that you include council tax bill as asked.

Thanks
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Add council tax letters they are really helpfull
Also I have given the estate agent letter saying me and my wife are renting the property from date till today

I hope this helps