ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

casperguy
Newly Registered

My EEA4 Application Timeline

Post by casperguy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I check here regularly for others' timeline.
Just want to share mine now:

My EEA4 application submitted on the 15th November 2012.
Application granted and received my documents / passport back today 12th February 2013.
Slightly less than 3 months.

Good Luck to everyone!!!

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Casperguy,could you please let us know what documents you attached along with your EEA 4 form?
Best regards

renu

Re: My EEA4 Application Timeline

Post by renu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 pm

casperguy wrote:I check here regularly for others' timeline.

Application granted and received my documents / passport back today 12th February 2013.

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Congratulations,5 months since submitted my application,stil waiting.

Polina
Newly Registered

Post by Polina » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm

[quote="casperguy"]I check here regularly for others' timeline.

Really fast ! +1 to Ravil, which papers did you send?

I ve sent my docs on 03/11/2012, received COA mid December 2012, still wait RC....my passport expires in March though so I ll need to change it and restamp rc potentially, does anyone know how long can it take?

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Just to let u guys know my little strange story !
_Lived in the uk since 2002, never traveled outside the uk couse I was unable to.
-Been married for 5 years and lived togethr for 7 years
-My wife got PR after succesful EEA3 application
-I applied for EEA4 on 02 February 2012
-Made complaint several times since the begining of October by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Been calling them few times a day they keep saying"your application is not being completed, we do not have further information and we can't requst for COA letter, u must wait"
-Requested Passport back first time on 05 October 2012 and again requested several times Via Email, application form, post, calling them but they never replyed and returned our doduments!
-Contacted Mp
-Opened case with Solvit
-Opened case with European Commition
-Opened case with European Ombudsman
-Opened case with European Parliament and made a petition

Got refused on 04 January 2013, and the reason for refusal is as follows:
"Jointly named account does not specify your definite residence in the uk"
I appealed soon after, the HM tribunal took £140 from my account for the hearing 3 days after they received my appeal on January, but I have not receieved anything from them yet!

What a Bully Regime :lol:

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Just to let u guys know my little strange story !
_I came to uk in 2002 when I was 16 , never traveled to outside uk as I was unable to.
-Been married for 5 years and lived togethr for 7 years withh an EEA national
-My wife got PR after succesful EEA3 application
-I applied for EEA4 on 02 February 2012
-Made complaint several times since the begining of October2012 by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Been calling them few times a day they keep saying"your application is not being completed, we do not have further information and we can't requst for COA letter, u must wait"
-Requested Passport back first time on 05 October 2012 and again requested several times Via Email, application form, post, calling them but they never replyed and returned our doduments!
-Contacted Mp
-Opened case with Solvit
-Opened case with European Commition
-Opened case with European Ombudsman
-Opened case with European Parliament and made a petition

Got refused on 04 January 2013, and the reason for refusal is as follows:
"Jointly named account does not specify your definite residence in the uk"
I appealed soon after, the HM tribunal took £140 from my account for the hearing 3 days after they received my appeal on January, but I have not receieved anything from them yet!

What a Bully Regime :lol:.... Every man dies, but Not every man really lives, I do live and I can feel and see the consensus of it !

casperguy
Newly Registered

My EEA4 Application Timeline

Post by casperguy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

I sent off My EEA4 application together with my partner's EEA3 Application.
Included with our applications:
-both completed EEA4 and EEA3 forms
-both passports + our photographs
-proof of cohabitation over the last 5 years: tenancy agreements, land registry, council tax, utilities bills (from over 10 different sources), P60s (both us), last 6 months pay slips (us both)
-arranged chronologically (monthly)

I sent off the application on the 15th November 2012.
Received COA dated 19th November 2012.
Received all documents back on the 12th February 2013.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

casperguy wrote:Hi Everyone,

-proof of cohabitation over the last 5 years: tenancy agreements, land registry, council tax, utilities bills (from over 10 different sources), P60s (both us), last 6 months pay slips (us both)

that is fast, congrats...im a september applicant and still waiting ...

kkworla

Post by kkworla » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am

renu wrote:

I am aslo a september applicant and still waiting. Its been five months now since I have been waiting for my EEA4 application. I sent my application on 14th sptember 2012. No reply till date. What a sad story. I cant travel out still waiting.

renu

Post by renu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 am

kkworla wrote:
renu wrote:

I am aslo a september applicant and still waiting. Its been five months now since I have been waiting for my EEA4 application. I sent my application on 14th sptember 2012. No reply till date. What a sad story. I cant travel out still waiting.

totally in the same boat. still waiting for my PR. but i am travelling next month as my rc is still valid until May. i requested my passport and they sent it quite quick...

Tasheka
Newly Registered

Post by Tasheka » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:30 am

I have been waiting 7 months, sent them letters and email no reply, call centre don't seem helpful, can't tell me anything more than keep waiting, don't know what there problem but even if they decided and granting/refusal at least people get get on with there lives for sure I would Better got a refusal 2 months ago than waiting all this time at least it will be sorted now, mp also prove use less, he will not get my Vote again for sure are any of my family member vote.

kkworla

Post by kkworla » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am

renu wrote:
kkworla wrote:
renu wrote:

totally in the same boat. still waiting for my PR. but i am travelling next month as my rc is still valid until May. i requested my passport and they sent it quite quick...
Renu have you recieved your passport back already? How long did it take for them to return it. And I am surprised you still have up till May 2013 for your RC to finish. Do you not have to wait for your RC to finish before you apply for a PR. May be that is why they have delayed yours. Well for mine my RC finished last year june 2012. I applied in june and they returned my application to me saying it was incomplete. I realised I did not send the divorce certificate together with the document so I had to resend it in September and still waiting for their reply. I can't travel becasue my RC finished on 12th june 2012

casperguy
Newly Registered

Post by casperguy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 pm

kkworla wrote: Renu have you recieved your passport back already? How long did it take for them to return it. And I am surprised you still have up till May 2013 for your RC to finish. Do you not have to wait for your RC to finish before you apply for a PR. May be that is why they have delayed yours. Well for mine my RC finished last year june 2012. I applied in june and they returned my application to me saying it was incomplete. I realised I did not send the divorce certificate together with the document so I had to resend it in September and still waiting for their reply. I can't travel becasue my RC finished on 12th june 2012
My RC will only expire in Dec 2013.
But I applied for my PR in Nov 2012.
So, I think it is OK to apply for the PR before the RC runs out, as long as you can proof the 5 years cohabitation.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 pm

My PR application has clocked the 4-month mark and with positive posts seemingly thin on the ground it's generally not looking promising.

I plan to send a courtesy reminder to the UKBA if I have heard/had nothing back by the 5th month - mid March.

spike_UK

After getting MP involved!

Post by spike_UK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi guys, it's been a while since anyone posted here, I hope everyone is doing well.
I had sent an email to Rob Whiteman and all the others, also I just thought to copy my local MP(without even ringing them!). MP secretory has been chasing UKBA chief executive and today they told her that it's urgent and they are looking at it and will get back to her with an answer by next Thursday!
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

renu

Re: After getting MP involved!

Post by renu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, it's been a while since anyone posted here, I hope everyone is doing well.
I had sent an email to Rob Whiteman and all the others, also I just thought to copy my local MP(without even ringing them!). MP secretory has been chasing UKBA chief executive and today they told her that it's urgent and they are looking at it and will get back to her with an answer by next Thursday!
hi spike_uk, maybe you can give the email address of Rob Whiteman here, those who are waiting more than 6 months, may consider to email him. maybe this can be helpful to others.
by the way, did Rob whiteman reply to your email?

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 pm

renu wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, it's been a while since anyone posted here, I hope everyone is doing well.
hi spike_uk, maybe you can give the email address of Rob Whiteman here, those who are waiting more than 6 months, may consider to email him. maybe this can be helpful to others.
Hi renu, the email is rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
To be honest he didn't reply to my email but I guess because his secretory is dealing with this urgently and they communicate to my local MP secretory rather than me. As long as they consider my request, no problem.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

renu

Post by renu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am

spike_UK wrote:
renu wrote:
Hi renu, the email is rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
To be honest he didn't reply to my email but I guess because his secretory is dealing with this urgently and they communicate to my local MP secretory rather than me. As long as they consider my request, no problem.

So true,good luck

renu

Post by renu » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 am

Hoping you will have good news today.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:48 pm

renu wrote:
Hi Renu, I just had a phone call from MP secretory! she had a reply from Rob Whiteman himself, he had apologised for they delay and he said the case was left in Stoke on Trent(where I had my appeal withdrawn) which shouldn't!! this is looked at as an urgent and will get to conclusion and will get back to myself and MP with in 4 weeks :)
So what do you guys think? thanks
PR dated 05/03/2013

renu

Post by renu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm

spike_UK wrote:
renu wrote:
Hi Renu, I just had a phone call from MP secretory! she had a reply from Rob Whiteman himself, he had apologised for they delay and he said the case was left in Stoke on Trent(where I had my appeal withdrawn) which shouldn't!! this is looked at as an urgent and will get to conclusion and will get back to myself and MP with in 4 weeks :)
So what do you guys think? thanks
i am glad that Rob whiteman replied back to your MP with a positive attitude of dealing with your application asap.4 weeks is long for you to wait more but let's hope they deal with it within less than 4 weeks. well done to u to chase them up. let us know whe u get more update.

spike_UK

After getting MP involved!

Post by spike_UK » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi guys, I've received the letter that Rob Whiteman sent it to MP and The MP secretary has forwarded it to me as an email.

Dated 01/March

After his apology for the delay(since MP & I sent the email 29/01/2013), this is what he written:

Mr****'s case file has been received back from the Presenting Officers Unit in *****(where I had my appeal withdrawn) and his application is being urgently reconsidered. Mr****will be notified of our decision with in four weeks.

Your sincerely
His Signature

Rob Whiteman
Chief Executive
PR dated 05/03/2013

crisb
Newly Registered

Post by crisb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:30 pm

I being following this post since last year and it's amazing how ridiculous this process it's and how come they keep all our docs for 6months but aren't able to gives any information when the time has already passed.

They have all this on their website saying that they follow the EU LAW and 6 months is the maximum they'll keep your passport. Now 6 months passed we contact them to see what's going on since people here already received their docs. and all we got it is sorry we don't have information even thought they ask you your name,details on the phone. All a bunch of lies!!

Also is very difficult to know what are they criteria since people that have sent their application months after other people have already received their docs back and people like us that sent at the beginning of September still waiting. We ask this to the person on the phone and they don't have answer for that just keep saying we need to write to them. How come on the age of computer they still want receive letters in order to give an answer for something that they probably can see online!! Also to some lucky people they give information of the stage process but to others they don't so the training of the staff dealing is also not coherent.

We don't know what else we could do. Keep calling until we find a good soul that gives some information, send them a letter as they say (do we really get a reply with that?), email, Contact my MP?

Sorry for the rant, but the way the UK Home Office deals with the EEA3&EEA4 applications is not acceptable, and doesn't seem that they are really following any EU law at all.

In resume they are a complete mess!!

03/09/2012: EEA3 (myself) & EEA4 (my partner) application sent
20/10/2012: CoA received for EEA4 application (which also took more time than the supposed 4 weeks)
03/03/2013: Complete 6 months that we sent and nothing (even thought on their website says: We deal with all applications in 6 months maximum according to EU LAW)
04/03/2013: called and talked with 2 different people today (called last week too)and still not a clue of when we'll get it our docs back... Sent an Next day Delivery letter and also an email (we are attacking in all fronts now!haha)

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:46 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I've received the letter that Rob Whiteman sent it to MP and The MP secretary has forwarded it to me as an email.

Dated 01/March

After his apology for the delay(since MP & I sent the email 29/01/2013), this is what he written:

Mr****'s case file has been received back from the Presenting Officers Unit in *****(where I had my appeal withdrawn) and his application is being urgently reconsidered. Mr****will be notified of our decision with in four weeks.

Your sincerely
His Signature

Rob Whiteman
Chief Executive
Guys any idea or suggestions?
PR dated 05/03/2013

Mnc

Re: Citizenship Application following EEA4

Post by Mnc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am

Hi Guys,

Is there a thread that deals with Citizenship applications after EEA4?

Thanks