ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:Alhumdulillah further Good news

Postman dropped recorded packet with my ILR approval letter today (sent by 2nd Class recorded delivery), HO kept my prepaid special delivery envelope with £10 stamps on it...:)

GED, AMH, SAANJU9...many thanks ....:)
Congratulations spidery_thread, you and damanisshallo are great contributors on this forum and helped many people including me to file the application, best of luck for your future.

Just a curiosity, you said applied flm and yours at same time, you mean all in one post, or seperate post and seperate address but posted at same time ?

dipmm2000d

Re: bio

Post by dipmm2000d » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm

dipmm2000d wrote:Couldnt come here for some time pls update my details

bio invitation received 09.01.2013
bio done on 10.01.2013

could some one pls tell me third party support from home country is allowed for flrm application?as we are not earning enough to meet the rules(old rules) for maitenance n accomodation. Thanks
any thought about this? I m worried as i had to stop working
bcoz of my student visa conditions.thanks
Last edited by dipmm2000d on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:33 pm

k_alibaba wrote:is there any financial requirement or maintenance is required for flr-m??
that depends on when the PBS dependents got their first visa as PBS dependent.
Before 9th July 2012 - NO
after 9th July 2012 - Yes
is the short answer

Yours is ppls ... don't know what that it

However, I don't know much about the child immigration, because I don't have 1 and I haven't read much about that area.

Damani and Spidery should be able to give you advise.

However, whats DL... sorry but I am not good with abbreviations

sach10

FLR (M) for SON

Post by sach10 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi

Please help me what type of cohabitation documents I have to include for my son who was born in india, my son is with me from nov2010 on pbs tier1dependent, I only have GP reg. Card from my present address

Spidery thread please help me my situation is same as yours

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 pm

[quote="Spidery_thread"]Alhumdulillah further Good news

Postman dropped recorded packet with my ILR approval letter today (sent by 2nd Class recorded delivery), HO kept my prepaid special delivery envelope with £10 stamps

Congratulation,,, may you hear many more good news in your life as you help others and give them right advice.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: FLR (M) for SON

Post by go2khurram » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

sach10 wrote:Hi

Please help me what type of cohabitation documents I have to include for my son who was born in india, my son is with me from nov2010 on pbs tier1dependent, I only have GP reg. Card from my present address

Spidery thread please help me my situation is same as yours

I think cohabitation documents only required for spouse, not for the kids... senior member can correct if i m wrong

k_alibaba

transitional arrangements for DL

Post by k_alibaba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 pm

thanks saanju,
my bad, DL -Discretionary Leave
we are on 3 years discretionary leave on behalf on my son's medical condition and applied for ILR in sept 2012 and still waiting .
my son will get British Citizenship on MN1 form once my ILR comes but confused about the wife and daughter either they should apply for extension as DL or FLR-m, also they are living in uk from 2006.
-------------
saanju9 wrote:
k_alibaba wrote:is there any financial requirement or maintenance is required for flr-m??
that depends on when the PBS dependents got their first visa as PBS dependent.
Before 9th July 2012 - NO
after 9th July 2012 - Yes
is the short answer

Yours is ppls ... don't know what that it

However, I don't know much about the child immigration, because I don't have 1 and I haven't read much about that area.

Damani and Spidery should be able to give you advise.

However, whats DL... sorry but I am not good with abbreviations

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:14 am

Congratulations spidery_thread, you and damanisshallo are great contributors on this forum and helped many people including me to file the application, best of luck for your future.

Just a curiosity, you said applied flm and yours at same time, you mean all in one post, or seperate post and seperate address but posted at same time ?
Many Thanks Z18runway,

Use the address on the forms, do not send them in one envelope.

ILR goes to Liverpool & FLR(M) to Sheffield eventually.

Best of luck
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

nanmoom

ILR 10 years long residence

Post by nanmoom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 am

I am due to apply for a 10 year long residence although have been in the UK since Dec 1999. I am now on the old work permit and my husband joined me in march 2011. He is a dependent on the old work permit . This expires in December 2013.
Having been in a student visa 2003, working visa and work permit from 2008.
However, i not his status changes once mine changes.
I know i cannot apply together with him. however, how do i proceed with his application assuming mine is successful. Thanks for your help. Congrats to all successful applicants.

nanmoom

ILR 10 years long residence

Post by nanmoom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 am

Congrats! !!! you deserve it!

nanmoom

ILR

Post by nanmoom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 am

[quote="Spidery_thread"][quote]Congratulations spidery_thread, you and damanisshallo are great contributors on this forum and helped many people including me to file the application, best of luck for your future.

congrats !!!! you deserve it . 10 years in UK doesn't come easy...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Khall's Success Story

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

nanmoom wrote:I am due to apply for a 10 year long residence although have been in the UK since Dec 1999. I am now on the old work permit and my husband joined me in march 2011. He is a dependent on the old work permit . This expires in December 2013.
Having been in a student visa 2003, working visa and work permit from 2008.
However, i not his status changes once mine changes.
I know i cannot apply together with him. however, how do i proceed with his application assuming mine is successful. Thanks for your help. Congrats to all successful applicants.
Since your husband has got his dependent visa until Dec '13, you don't need to worry about him as of now. Drop your application and assuming that you get your ILR within the 6 months deadline, you should get a decision by at most Aug/Sep. Once you get your ILR book an appointment for your husband and fill in both FLR(M) & SET(M) forms. Hopefully they should get processed the same day Case Study. However, you got to pay the fee for both FLR(M) & SET(M).
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: transitional arrangements for DL

Post by saanju9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 am

k_alibaba wrote:thanks saanju,
my bad, DL -Discretionary Leave
we are on 3 years discretionary leave on behalf on my son's medical condition and applied for ILR in sept 2012 and still waiting .
my son will get British Citizenship on MN1 form once my ILR comes but confused about the wife and daughter either they should apply for extension as DL or FLR-m, also they are living in uk from 2006.
I not sure if the main applicant converts from discretionary leave to ILR 10 yrs.

do a bit of reading.. probably you might find relevant docs in chapter 8.
Sorry I am not of real help.

However, my gut instincts says that yes they can. and then it could 5 yrs waiting time i.e, new rules (after 9th july 2012 rules) apply. the reason is you will have ILR so they can apply for FLR(M) and because they are not on PBS dependent previously, although they have been here before 9th july 2012, the new rules might apply. And this is only my assumption. I am not sure 100%. they might get exempted from new rules but please do relevant reading

Saanju

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46 am

dipmm2000d wrote:

bio done on 10.01.2013

could some one pls tell me third party support from home country is allowed for flrm application?as we are not earning enough to meet the rules(old rules) for maitenance n accomodation. Thanks
Right you need to elaborate a bit more. when your spouse came into the country. your post is bit contradicting itself...old rules and then meeting the financial requirement.

what r u earning (combined).

give us few more details. what visa were you on previously..

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 am

k_alibaba wrote:DL -Discretionary Leave
Family Members @Page 8 wrote:On 1 October 2004, Command Paper 6339 introduced a requirement preventing switching into the marriage category by a person who only has leave which was granted outside the Immigration Rules. Grants of discretionary leave are outside the Immigration Rules. Therefore those persons granted discretionary leave who apply on or after 1 October 2004 on the basis of a marriage, or the establishment of a partnership with someone present and settled here, cannot seek to switch into leave to remain on the basis of that relationship. Provided the relationship continues to exist they can seek to remain in the UK until they have completed 6 years‟ discretionary leave (in 2 periods of 3 years‟ stay) and then apply for settlement. Or, at a time of their choosing, they can leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance from abroad.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 am

Spidery_thread wrote:

Many Thanks Z18runway,

Use the address on the forms, do not send them in one envelope.

ILR goes to Liverpool & FLR(M) to Sheffield eventually.

Best of luck
Thanks for the info, as i have already done a month ago and i did same as you said now, thanks again for your help

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 am

Ohh... in that case they have to continue as on DL and what would be the impact cos we applied as a family on the basis of our UK born son who has a severe medical condition and he can not travel outside UK.
can they still apply for DL whereas the person on the basis we had applied for , has been settled in uk along with the main applicant (me). ???
also,
we should not worry about the life in the uk n english test for my wife, in that case cos for DL they dont require the language requirement, either for extension or settlement after 6 years.. am i right??

thanks for you time and information.. God bless you..

------------------
Damanisshallo wrote:
k_alibaba wrote:DL -Discretionary Leave
Family Members @Page 8 wrote:On 1 October 2004, Command Paper 6339 introduced a requirement preventing switching into the marriage category by a person who only has leave which was granted outside the Immigration Rules. Grants of discretionary leave are outside the Immigration Rules. Therefore those persons granted discretionary leave who apply on or after 1 October 2004 on the basis of a marriage, or the establishment of a partnership with someone present and settled here, cannot seek to switch into leave to remain on the basis of that relationship. Provided the relationship continues to exist they can seek to remain in the UK until they have completed 6 years‟ discretionary leave (in 2 periods of 3 years‟ stay) and then apply for settlement. Or, at a time of their choosing, they can leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance from abroad.

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am

saanju9 wrote:
dipmm2000d wrote:

bio done on 10.01.2013

Right you need to elaborate a bit more. when your spouse came into the country. your post is bit contradicting itself...old rules and then meeting the financial requirement.

what r u earning (combined).

give us few more details. what visa were you on previously..

thanks Saanju9 , i completed 10 years on student visa my wife came in 2006 as my dependant. I was working but my recent student visa issued with no work right ,so had to leave the job now only my wife is working n earning 6000 pounds per year only. Thats why i had to rely on third party support from home country for my wife's flm application
. So my concern is , will they accept it as i have seen people using third party support who are in the UK n not sure about the one i used.thanks

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 am

The UKBA should be privatised. To be honest, they are a waste of time and money filled with a bunch of useless and incompetent people. It’s ironic where so many UK institutions say how proud they are and how good they are and make fun of other countries and yet cannot compete with them. Look at the Australian Immigration Service, fantastic and efficient, you know what is going on throughout the process of your application and look at these losers on the other hand.

UKBA, if you are reading this, shame on you.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

dipmm2000d wrote:thanks Saanju9 , i completed 10 years on student visa my wife came in 2006 as my dependant. I was working but my recent student visa issued with no work right ,so had to leave the job now only my wife is working n earning 6000 pounds per year only. Thats why i had to rely on third party support from home country for my wife's flm application
. So my concern is , will they accept it as i have seen people using third party support who are in the UK n not sure about the one i used.thanks
Well if she is given a PBS dependent visa before 9th july 2012, you don't need to show that you meet the income threshold. (positive for you). However, you need to show that you do not need to depend on social benefits here. For that reason you need to show a source of funds and funds coming in for last 3 to 6 months.

U should have some sort of incoming funds either from your family in ure home country (which you said you have) or someone here. I think that will be ok. And also show you wife's income.

when do u need to post her application. If its in 2 to 4 months time ask her to work a little overtime or something so that will be beneficial (I am assuming its not a hand paid job).

I also strongly recommend that include any of your and ure wife's certificates and show that you(and your wife) have good job opportunities. I would also mention the same in the extra space which they will give u to support ure application.

Do the best you can do and hope for the best. they are being bloody rats lately. how can a student show 18500 income or 16000 in savings.

One more thing, do you have any savings. Do show them. I think they need to be atleast 3 to 6 months. If you have £16000 in savings. no questions asked (although I am not an expert in that area - do read a little more in the UKBA website).

I would also seek some advice from other members

Saanju

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi,

Can I get some advices from people who have been in similar situations?

I applied for the indefinite leave to remain (long residence) back in August. It's been nearly 6 months now and I am expecting my passport back before the Easter holiday.

If I have been offered a job to start in May and don't have the passport back by May, would I still be able to start the job?

I have done the biometrics in October.

I was a student the last 3 years.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm

essentialSalt wrote:Hi,

I applied for the indefinite leave to remain (long residence) back in August. It's been nearly 6 months now and I am expecting my passport back before the Easter holiday.

If I have been offered a job to start in May and don't have the passport back by May, would I still be able to start the job?

Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.

They should be using Employer checking service (ECS) enquiry form. This team usually takes 5 working days to send a response. However, you might need to prove that you've completed your course and done with your college/university.

Read this story

If your employer is eager to check the process, then give them the ECS helpline number 0300 123 4699.
Skydrives, Templates

k77

Post by k77 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 pm

HI guys,
I have applied for my Indefinite leave on the basis of 10 years rule. I have a student visa which expires in 2014. My 10 years were completed last december without any problem with the home office..Do i still need to go to college for studies as my application is still with home office.
Will my application be affected if College report me to the UKBA? Please reply to these questions.People who have gone through similar situations please post your comments.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.

They should be using Employer checking service (ECS) enquiry form. This team usually takes 5 working days to send a response. However, you might need to prove that you've completed your course and done with your college/university.

Read this story

If your employer is eager to check the process, then give them the ECS helpline number 0300 123 4699.
Thanks for this. Can I just ask a follow up question? The problem is that I was on the student visa the last 3 years. According to the Home Office website, my current status as my application is being reviewed remains that of the student. So If I can't get the passport (or the letter to tell you that the application has been approved), I wouldn't be able to start work, would I?

Dik
Newly Registered

section 3C renewal

Post by Dik » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

that is correct. you are still on your tier 4 student visa until your indefinite application is granted. technically you do not have permission to work. however your employers might allow you to work given you are longer in full time study and you have applied for settlement.
essentialSalt wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:

Read this story

Thanks for this. Can I just ask a follow up question? The problem is that I was on the student visa the last 3 years. According to the Home Office website, my current status as my application is being reviewed remains that of the student. So If I can't get the passport (or the letter to tell you that the application has been approved), I wouldn't be able to start work, would I?