ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Got Our ILR today

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 pm

[b[b]]Hi 4070040
Congratulation you are very lucky good luck best of luck in this forum few person geted early decision and got it ILR but some people is still waiting since august last year anyway again thank you for sharring information about your time line hopefully we were all who`s waiting for decision from august submitted application will be getting next week inshallah
MY TIMELINE SET PROTECTION ROUTE
APPLICATION SUBMITTED THROUGH SOLICITOR ON 28/08/2012
APPLICATION RECEIVED THROUGH SPECIAL DELEVRY 29/08/2012 WHICH IS LAST DAY OF MY LLR
BIOMETRICS ENROLLMENTS LETTER RECEIVED ON 07TH/NOV/2012 DATED 03/11/12
BIOMETRICS ENROLLED ON 10TH NOVEMBER/2012 THEN JUST WAITING NOTHING HERD ANYTHING FROM THE HOME OFFICE *CURRUNT TRAVEL DOCUMENT PROCESSING TIME IS 70 WORKING DAYS.
ILR WAITING________
BRP WAITING________
BEST WISHES FOR THE REST
BABE KHYBER[/b]

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:30 am

Hello all of you

I hope this beginning week from tomorrow will be a good week for all of us, thanks for updating your timelines and I can see their are a lot of silent viewers here, I beg you kindly to contribute this thread as your time line is very encouraging to all of us

keep updating the thread specially for those who are the silent viewers please share with us your timescale

look forward to hear more positive news

Kokosa
Newly Registered

Post by Kokosa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi All I have been observing all your helpful info , which is giving me alot of hope, that there are people out there in similar situations as me, I applied on 15th of august through the SET protection route, along with 4 of my children, aged between 20 and 8. It is about to be 6 months, I have submitted the biometrics in October.I spoke to a solicitor and she told me the reason could be that my two children are above the age of 18 and are considered adults and should not be classed as dependent. She said they might be thinking of not giving them the ILR. I became really worried, has any one else had dependent older then 18 on there application? Please let me know, any info would be helpful.
Kind Regards,

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Kokosa

Good evening to you sir; If i try to shed some light for your inquiry I don't thing that solicitor is telling the right information because on the set protection route form the home office did not mention one place the age of the dependents, it does not matter how old or young the dependent are, what matter is they have to be included on the set protection route form, I think the solicitor confused between the British citizenship and the set protection route.

just quoting the set protection route terms it clearly says this:

Can I include my dependants in my application

You should include all your dependents living in the UK on your application form, including those born in the UK since you were granted premission to stay. for further details just follow this ukba link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ion_route/

Home office did not mention the age of the dependents so in that case I will suggest the information provided to you by the solicitor is not precise and correct, if you speak to that solicitor or contact him in the near future ask him what kind of evidence does he/she using to proof that 18 years over adults cannot be dependents on the set protection route.

I will give you another example I heard a guy who is 28 years old whom his mother was the dependent and he was the main applicant his mother was almost 60 years old and both of them have been granted ILR, so again it does not matter the age of the dependent for the set protection route, yes ofcourse when it becomes the British citizenship adults for the age 18 or over can apply separately without becoming dependent on the their parents

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 pm

A dependent is someone who is unable to care for or support themselves and looks for such care and/or support from another. Under the tax rules of the Internal Revenue service, a person may claim a tax exemption for a dependent who has a certain relationship to the taxpayer, such as a son or daughter, brother or sister, mother or father, etc., or who makes the taxpayer's household his or her primary residence.

A person qualifying as your dependent generally may be your child, stepchild, adopted child, grand child, great-grand child, son or daughter in law, father or mother in law, brother or sister in law, parent, brother, sister, grand parent, step-parent, stepbrother or sister, half brother or sister, and, if related by blood, uncle, aunt, niece, or nephew. The above relatives do not have to live with you.

Also, any person, whether or not you are related to them, who is a member of your household for the entire tax year, except for temporary absences; must receive less than a statutorily defined amount of gross income, unless the dependent is your child and either under age 19 or a full-time student under age 24; must receive more than one-half of his or her support from you; cannot file a joint tax return with his or her spouse, unless the joint tax return is filed solely to obtain a tax refund when neither the child nor the spouse is required to file a tax return; and must be a U.S. citizen or national, or a resident of the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.

The following is an example of a federal statute defining the term Dependent:

According to 37 USCS § 401(a) [ Title 37. Pay and Allowances of the Uniformed Services; Chapter 7. Allowances] the term "dependent", with respect to a member of a uniformed service, means “the following persons:

(1) The spouse of the member.

(2) An unmarried child of the member who--

(A) is under 21 years of age;

(B) is incapable of self-support because of mental or physical incapacity and is in fact dependent on the member for more than one-half of the child's support; or

(C) is under 23 years of age, is enrolled in a full-time course of study in an institution of higher education approved by the Secretary concerned for purposes of this subparagraph, and is in fact dependent on the member for more than one-half of the child's support.

(3) A parent of the member if--

(A) the parent is in fact dependent on the member for more than one-half of the parent's support;

(B) the parent has been so dependent for a period prescribed by the Secretary concerned or became so dependent due to a change of circumstances arising after the member entered on active duty; and

(C) the dependency of the parent on the member is determined on the basis of an affidavit submitted by the parent and any other evidence required under regulations prescribed by the Secretary concerned.

(4) An unmarried person who--

(A) is placed in the legal custody of the member as a result of an order of a court of competent jurisdiction in the United States (or Puerto Rico or a possession of the United States) for a period of at least 12 consecutive months;

(B) either--

(i) has not attained the age of 21;

(ii) has not attained the age of 23 years and is enrolled in a full time course of study at an institution of higher learning approved by the Secretary concerned; or

(iii) is incapable of self support because of a mental or physical incapacity that occurred while the person was considered a dependent of the member or former member under this paragraph pursuant to clause (i) or (ii);

(C) is dependent on the member for over one-half of the person's support;

(D) resides with the member unless separated by the necessity of military service or to receive institutional care as a result of disability or incapacitation or under such other circumstances as the Secretary concerned may by regulation prescribe; and

(E) is not a dependent of a member under any other paragraph.”

mshasan24 wrote:Kokosa

Good evening to you sir; If i try to shed some light for your inquiry I don't thing that solicitor is telling the right information because on the set protection route form the home office did not mention one place the age of the dependents, it does not matter how old or young the dependent are, what matter is they have to be included on the set protection route form, I think the solicitor confused between the British citizenship and the set protection route.

just quoting the set protection route terms it clearly says this:

Can I include my dependants in my application

You should include all your dependents living in the UK on your application form, including those born in the UK since you were granted premission to stay. for further details just follow this ukba link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ion_route/

Home office did not mention the age of the dependents so in that case I will suggest the information provided to you by the solicitor is not precise and correct, if you speak to that solicitor or contact him in the near future ask him what kind of evidence does he/she using to proof that 18 years over adults cannot be dependents on the set protection route.

I will give you another example I heard a guy who is 28 years old whom his mother was the dependent and he was the main applicant his mother was almost 60 years old and both of them have been granted ILR, so again it does not matter the age of the dependent for the set protection route, yes ofcourse when it becomes the British citizenship adults for the age 18 or over can apply separately without becoming dependent on the their parents

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know how long you can be out of UK for SET P route? Is there any times restriction?

Many thanks in advance!

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

RE ILR SET PROTECTION ROUTE AUGUST APPLICATION PROCESSING TI

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends
On Fryday MP call on behalf of my to the home office to find in what stage is my application and how long takking more for decision. The home office person said we will call back soon as we can find but today afternoon mp assestant called me the home office said his application is still in progross then she said if you didn`t heard till may then contect me I told her the standerd processing time is already nearly reach why I will waiting more few month but she said I am sorry we can`t do anything this is the home office policy again this is my up to date information
Best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

Kokosa
Newly Registered

Post by Kokosa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Thank you so much for all your helpful replys, it really put my mind at rest,I hope and pray we all get our papers soon.

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 am

Hello All

Good news, remember the news i have shared with you last week about the LIVERPOOL UKBA staff strike, the staff has called off that strike after they have put on a vote just read this piece of news below

UK Border Agency staff in Liverpool narrowly vote against strike

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... z2KeiI5Htz

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 am

I guess it's all a matter of time and hopefully everyone in this forum will receive their papers sooner or later... What makes it frustrating is waiting and the psychological impact behind it.

As you all saw from others timeline, It's inconsistent, some people got their BRP and applied back in end Sept, some are still waiting from August..It is more the case worker who is dealing with the case.

Back in 2011, one of my freinds applied for ILR SET Protection, but at that time there was no biometrics, or BRP. His application took 9 months but at the end he got it. He kept ringing the Home Office for updates, and one of his colleagues mentioned they might delay your application if you keep nagging them through the phone.

Praying for all of us here to have our applications processed as quickly as possible and to put peoples mind and their families at rest; Amin.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 am

Peterpend

I can understand it may be poles apart how the home office is handling the set protection route, but what I cannot swallow and does not have any common lucidity is; if you chase up your case they will delay the process of your application for what justification, basis, and grounds they may? and what kind of legal facts do you have that that should do that?

for my personal understanding the UKBA were in management crisis for a long time and as the independent investigator has indicated his recent report the agency is beleaguering a hundred of thousands of backlog applications as of the last decades.

Set Protection Route Team also known as department 21 has been launched from 2005 as the earliest folks who have been granted Limited Leaf to remain was completing their five years term.

I don't belief contacting the home office by every means after you have waited long enough will have a negative set back on the process of your application.

I hope every one will be granted sooner let us hope good news in this current week insha allah

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 am

Doodo

As every one of us are specially holding our hearts and minds for Doodo's patiently long waited case, let me kindheartedly ask Doodo if any good news is with him? I hope so

wishing all of us for good news

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

mshasan24 wrote:Peterpend

I can understand it may be poles apart how the home office is handling the set protection route, but what I cannot swallow and does not have any common lucidity is; if you chase up your case they will delay the process of your application for what justification, basis, and grounds they may? and what kind of legal facts do you have that they should do that?

for my personal understanding the UKBA were in management crisis for a long time and as the independent investigator has indicated his recent report the agency is beleaguering a hundred of thousands of backlog applications as of the last decades.

Set Protection Route Team also known as department 21 has been launched from 2005 as the earliest folks who have been granted Limited Leaf to remain was completing their five years term.

I don't belief contacting the home office by every means after you have waited long enough will have a negative set back on the process of your application.

I hope every one will be granted sooner let us hope good news in this current week insha allah

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am

mshasan24 wrote:
mshasan24 wrote:Peterpend

I can understand it may be poles apart how the home office is handling the set protection route, but what I cannot swallow and does not have any common lucidity is; if you chase up your case they will delay the process of your application for what justification, basis, and grounds they may? and what kind of legal facts do you have that they should do that?

Set Protection Route Team also known as department 21 has been launched from 2005 as the earliest folks who have been granted Limited Leaf to
remain was completing their five years term.

I don't belief contacting the home office by every means after you have waited long enough will have a negative set back on the process of your applicatio

Dear mshasan, if you read my entry carefully you would see that I mentioned this statement based on a friends experience. So it wasn't my theory, that's first.

Secondly, you seem to have an attentive response. We are all trying to help here, and stating facts and people's experiences with SET protection; but if that's the case then you might make them silent observers.

I suggest you carefully read people's quotes carefully next time.
Much appreciated

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:43 am

Dear mshasan, if you read my entry carefully you would see that I mentioned this statement based on a friends experience. So it wasn't my theory, that's first.

Secondly, you seem to have an attentive response. We are all trying to help here, and stating facts and people's experiences with SET protection; but if that's the case then you might make them silent observers.

I suggest you carefully read people's quotes carefully next time.

Serina26

Let's not take each other's support for granted!

Post by Serina26 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm

One of the aims of this wonderful forum is that people get the opportunity to share their experiences, help each other and express gratitude when others do provide you with that necessary help. Please do not send me private messages anymore, selfishly asking for information, and then not even have the decency to reply and say "thank you for your prompt response and help".

Most of the people on this forum have manners, but you always get the odd one who spoils it. What a shame, indeed!
Serina

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Dear Serina26 & Any silent observers

I applied in early Jan 2013, and I think if I am right serina26 you have said that you applied in late december 2012. Therefore I think we are more or less in the same time line with respect to making an application. As you have applied few days before me.

I have n't received any thing from the UKBA until now. At the same time if i can ask you a favour can you please keep me informed on this forum, by informing if you receive anything in the post.

So that It will help me and any silent observers to understand how long it will take me or to them to get similar response. Meanwhile if i get anything before you I will keep you informed, and i hope the silent observers will come forward to participate in this forum in order to keep this forum alive.

Cheers......

Peterpan81

Re: Set Protection Route

Post by Peterpan81 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:59 pm

shairee_mashriq wrote:Dear Serina26 & Any silent observers

I applied in early Jan 2013, and I think if I am right serina26 you have said that you applied in late december 2012. Therefore I think we are more or less in the same time line with respect to making an application. As you have applied few days before me.

I have n't received any thing from the UKBA until now. At the same time if i can ask you a favour can you please keep me informed on this forum, by informing if you receive anything in the post.

So that It will help me and any silent observers to understand how long it will take me or to them to get similar response. Meanwhile if i get anything before you I will keep you informed, and i hope the silent observers will come forward to participate in this forum in order to keep this forum alive.

Cheers......

I have applied 20th December 2012 and received biometrics letter on 01/02/2013 dated 29/01/2012.
Biometrics submitted 05/02/2013

Hope this helps

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't know what to say really but let me first thank to allah subhanahu watala we have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain I have received a telephone call from my solicitor literally ten minutes ago and he has confirmed to me that we have been granted ILR after that long wait, I am so contented and feeling very happy, but also I am feeling very dis appointed for the long wait which has potentially damaged our daily activity in uk.

I am wishing every one of you for success and hopefully its a matter of days if not a week that you will get a decision I am talking about those who are in August Club or in July club, let me specially thank to every one of you, who have contributed this thread its very help full thread and I cannot forget you guys, though we have never seen or meet but your contributions have prevailed to each one of us.

The Solicitor told me the BRB cards will be with him tomorrow, he has only received the decision letter, so I have not seen yet, but I will collect tomorrow and will give you a comprehensive detail about them, let me repeat my timescale here

Applied Set Protection 24th of August 2012
Biometric letters received: 18 October 2012
Enrolled Biometric: 24 October 2012
we have sent a letter to them on 24 December
Received a reply from HO on 14 January it was a general
I don't know when they have granted the date but I have received the notification today dated on 13/02/2013

Finally I don't belief contacting the home office will delay any thing, and their is no evidence for that I will encourage those new applicants to follow up their cases every one month after they passed four months that may be helpful.

Peterpend: I am sorry sir; but I was elucidating my humble opinion and I am sure that will not distract any silent observer if it will not encourage them to involve and contribute, yes I was dissecting about your comment when you stated if you make a routine follow up about your case that may delay and I am practically dis agreeing that and I was contacting the home office regularly but that does not delay any thing my total duration I was waiting the decision took me five months and 13 days, so one person cannot be a good example, you have adduced to us one person's case that cannot be a hard evidence.

My opinion was not offense sir but was my thought which I have every right to contribute and share with you, I have not said any wrong this to you but at the end of the day when we are contributing a thread like this we have to use a hard evidence to give feed the thread and if their is no evidence I have the right to discuss with you as we were on the same boat, any way please don't take it from the negative side but discussing the issue is what we are here, I hope you will get the gist sir.

Serina26

Re: Set Protection Route

Post by Serina26 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm

shairee_mashriq wrote:Dear Serina26 & Any silent observers

Cheers......
Sorry guys! My earlier msg was meant for OLAZH who showed disrespect and inconsideration. She has now removed her quote so she can't be identified!

On a different note, I don't think there is any pattern or order the UKBA follow as part of their processing procedure. I will update my complete timeline on here once I've heard back from the UKBA tegarding my ILR.
Serina

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re ilr processing time set protection route

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm

MAHASAN24 FIRST OF ALL IN THE NAME OF ALLAH
Congratulation I don`t have any words for you how can i show you my heart i am very happy when i saw your message you have got ilr however this is very long waiting i think threre is few people who`s got early decision but this is the home office fault anyway i am happy for any one in this forum who`s got ilr and congratulate to all of them
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber
[/b]

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Congrats mshasan, the long wait has paid, hopefully all will have good news soon

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 pm

congratulations for your ILR. All the best.

I am still waiting :-(
mshasan24 wrote:Doodo

As every one of us are specially holding our hearts and minds for Doodo's patiently long waited case, let me kindheartedly ask Doodo if any good news is with him? I hope so

wishing all of us for good news

Newly Registered

Post by 407004 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:30 pm

hello guys
i know this might not be relevant to the thread
but guys now that i have received my ILR , i wanted to ask whether to make a convention travel document again
or to renew my home country passport , we just found (before immigration didnt know we had our home country passports with us, cos we just found them)
please help the question asked or if you could direct to the right thread
thanks a lot
:)

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:48 pm

I am not expert, but if I was in your shoes I will forget about home country passport and apply for travel document.

407004 wrote:hello guys
i know this might not be relevant to the thread
but guys now that i have received my ILR , i wanted to ask whether to make a convention travel document again
or to renew my home country passport , we just found (before immigration didnt know we had our home country passports with us, cos we just found them)
please help the question asked or if you could direct to the right thread
thanks a lot
:)