ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already applied EEA2 but my husband is leaving his job

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Netopor
Newly Registered

Already applied EEA2 but my husband is leaving his job

Post by Netopor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi, I'm married to Danish national who works full time since july 2012.
I've applied EEA2 when my husband's still working but he will be leaving his job at the end of February which I'm wondering what should I do about my application?
- Should I send new evidence or wait for my RC?
I've already got my COA with right to work and i'm working full time.

my husband is starting his business (small one) which mean he will be self-employed.

any idea or suggestion for me about this as I've read a lot of comments around this board about UKBA refuses RC if employers didn't answer the phone.

Thank you in advance for the comments :)

ravii

Post by ravii » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Just wait until you get your RC.if UKBA asked you to provide more documents then send fresh self employed papers.hope they will not ask you.
Best regards

Netopor
Newly Registered

Post by Netopor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm

ravii wrote:Just wait until you get your RC.if UKBA asked you to provide more documents then send fresh self employed papers.hope they will not ask you.
Thank you for the comment :)

I'm waiting and will be more patience.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Will your husband be made redundant, or is he quitting work?

Do you have sufficient resource to maintain your family, by virtue of your salary?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Netopor
Newly Registered

Post by Netopor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Obie wrote:Will your husband be made redundant, or is he quitting work?

Do you have sufficient resource to maintain your family, by virtue of your salary?
Hi Obie, He is quitting his job and we have some saving and I'm also working full time. I think just only my salary will be enough.

Netopor
Newly Registered

me again

Post by Netopor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi It's me again.
I've got some questions to ask about documents if UKBA ask me for more documents about my husband job.
As it's turned out he's just started his business and hasn't got income yet.

He's already registered self-employed.

I want to ask my husband's passport and my passport back but I'm afraid if they look at my application they may reject my application because my husband didn't work there anymore.

I also found someone in this board got rejected because his wife's changed her job before UKBA decide the decision.

I'm very worried as I think we should update our documents to UKBA before they have an excuse to reject my application.

or someone that apply on the basis of self-employed please tell me about documents but again he's just started and hasn't yet got income.

thank you

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 pm

The question is an easy one. If your husband decided to live his job, he automatically ceases from being a worker, except he can show, he engaged in vocational training, relating to his previous job.

Therefore if he doesn't fall into the above, you have no right to reside in the UK lawfully. The UKBA will be under no obligation to issue you with a Residence Card, except he can show he qualified as a Self-Sufficient person.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors