ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW dependant visa, Partners name incorrectly spelled

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arsat14
Newly Registered

PSW dependant visa, Partners name incorrectly spelled

Post by arsat14 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi, My wife got her dependent visa today, but my name (PSW partner) on the visa is incorrectly spelled. All of her details are correct. Would that be a problem at the immigration officer at the UK airport?

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm

What must you do when you receive your biometric residence permit?

When you receive your permit, we advise you to make a photocopy of the front and back of it, in case it is lost or stolen. If you want to make another application in the future, you will need to send your permit to the UK Border Agency, so you may want to retain a copy for your records.

You must check your permit carefully when you receive it, to ensure that all the details on it are correct. If you find a mistake, you must email BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk within 10 working days of the date when you received the permit, otherwise you may be charged for a replacement and will need to apply again. In your email you should state:
  • your full name;
    your date of birth;
    your nationality;
    your passport number;
    your biometric residence permit reference number;
    your case reference number;
    a contact telephone number; and
    what exactly is wrong with the permit.
If you do not provide all this information, there may be a delay in answering your query.

You can also send this information by post to:

Code: Select all

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ,
    Returns Unit,
    PO Box 163,
    Bristol
    BS20 1AB

Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -need-brp/
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Original op's dependant applied from outside the UK so I guess she need to contact relevant authorities in the country where she applied for entry clearance. Unless she can travel on the visa issued and then have it corrected once in the UK. Wait for some others to confirm.

arsat14
Newly Registered

Post by arsat14 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 am

bruteforce wrote:Original op's dependant applied from outside the UK so I guess she need to contact relevant authorities in the country where she applied for entry clearance. Unless she can travel on the visa issued and then have it corrected once in the UK. Wait for some others to confirm.
Actually you are correct. I contacted Gerrys in Pakistan. I had to send an email and BHC gave me a reference number. I resubmitted the passport and got it back the next day with correction. GOing to UK in a couple of days :)

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 am

arsat14 wrote:
bruteforce wrote:Original op's dependant applied from outside the UK so I guess she need to contact relevant authorities in the country where she applied for entry clearance. Unless she can travel on the visa issued and then have it corrected once in the UK. Wait for some others to confirm.
Actually you are correct. I contacted Gerrys in Pakistan. I had to send an email and BHC gave me a reference number. I resubmitted the passport and got it back the next day with correction. GOing to UK in a couple of days :)
Great. :)