ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 - Spousal Permits - What is the situation?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Babsie

EU 1 - Spousal Permits - What is the situation?

Post by Babsie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:55 am

Hi all,
can anyone shed any light as to what is happening with the EU1 spousal permits? We submitted ours back in August. 6 months deadline was mid February but we were told then that it would take longer than 6 months and to call back towards the beginning of March.
It is absolutely impossible to get through to the dept of Justice!
Does anyone know what the situation is? Is there a delay overall or is this due to this alleged court case?
Thank you all! Babsie

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:49 pm

Good Question.

My wifes application is overdue since the end of january (Justice Department received it at the end of July).

We were told about a Lawsuit against the Justice Department regarding the EU1 application. I asked Solvit to investigate, and they confirmed that there seems to be a legal case pending. They are currently trying to find out more.

I called EU Treaty Department this morning, as we urgently need a re-entry permit to attend my nephews chrsitening, and I got someone the first time I tried. The woman on the phone said that they are very busy and have a big backlog. She didn't mention the Legal Case. She said it might take a few more weeks, but tbh. I am not holding my breath.

The whole Situation is really terrible.

BTW. it almost seems as if they changed the Application Process numbers. At the beginning I got one that was 69-6XXX-06, and she just gave me a new one 69-1XXXXX-06 ... do they wanna appear more busy?

Babsie

Post by Babsie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:38 pm

It's terrible, isn't it? And nothing you can do but wait....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Babsie wrote:And nothing you can do but wait....
How about:
Send them a letter stating when you sent your application, and that they are requried by law to process the application within 6 months. Say you would like the application resolved within 14 days. Keep a copy and send the letter by registered post.

If they do not resolve the application within 14 days or you are unhappy with the correctness of their response, definitely contact http://europa.eu.int/solvit/

See also http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=11898

jack_in_the box

Post by jack_in_the box » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Do you think it's worthwile getting on to Solvit? I'm just afraid that a person gets targeted for complaining & then you never get your Visa! :(

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:01 pm

jack_in_the box wrote:Do you think it's worthwile getting on to Solvit? I'm just afraid that a person gets targeted for complaining & then you never get your Visa! :(
It is a shocking indictment on the fools in government that people are uneasy at excercising their right to ensure that their legal rights are upheld. I wouldnt be surprised if they were to 'punish' those who dare to complain, because in Ireland everything is a privilege when it comes to immigrants. A very bad, and dangerous attitude in my opinion.

And best of all, in 3 days time Bertie will be in the US demanding that Irish illegals be regularised and granted citizenship because they are naturally superior and are entitled to it by right.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:33 am

jack_in_the box wrote:Do you think it's worthwile getting on to Solvit?
Yes! For your application, it ensures that there is a little light and attention focussed on it. They really are legally required to process it within 6 months. You could always sue the Irish government, but this is a lighter faster encouragement for them to actually finish processing it.

I think there is an even more important benefit from going to Solvit. There are big problems with the handling of Directive 2004/38/EC related applications in Ireland and at Irish Embassies. The main way the EU has of finding out about the nature of the problems and the number of people having them is through complaints to Solvit. If you report the problem to Solvit, the EU can start to address this Irish specific problem.

jack_in_the box wrote:I'm just afraid that a person gets targeted for complaining & then you never get your Visa! :(
If you have a legal right to the Residence Card, you will get it in the end. And probably get it faster and without playing games when they realize there is a specific EU Solvit case about this specific application.

Take a look at the Irish page of my Blog (http://eumovement.wordpress.com/info-ireland/). There are some excellent examples and resources.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:59 am