ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it common main applicant gets BRP days before dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

redbuta
Newly Registered

Is it common main applicant gets BRP days before dependant

Post by redbuta » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Dear all,
We applied the ILR and got approved at Glasgow PEO. Thanks all for your help here.

My BRP has already arrived, however after couple of days my wife still hasn't got hers.

Is this common?

Previously when we applied for T1 G and dependant extension by post. the BRPs arrived at the same time.

Thanks!

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Is it common main applicant gets BRP days before dependa

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm

redbuta wrote:Dear all,
We applied the ILR and got approved at Glasgow PEO. Thanks all for your help here.

My BRP has already arrived, however after couple of days my wife still hasn't got hers.

Is this common?

Previously when we applied for T1 G and dependant extension by post. the BRPs arrived at the same time.

Thanks!
I dont think it is common but it can happen since it comes through a courier. From what i have read and heard they all come at the same time. I think you should send an email to UKBA (details should be on approval letter).

redbuta
Newly Registered

Post by redbuta » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Can I send email to them now? Have not been 10 working days yet.

shahid2000 wrote:

Is this common?

Thanks!
I dont think it is common but it can happen since it comes through a courier. From what i have read and heard they all come at the same time. I think you should send an email to UKBA (details should be on approval letter).

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Alternatively you could call the courier DXSecure to see whether they have another item for you first. Number 01604496798 and press * to speak to the operator. You will be asked for your postcode, name & address.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Alternatively you could call the courier DXSecure to see whether they have another item for you first. Number 01604496798 and press * to speak to the operator. You will be asked for your postcode, name & address.
This is in fact a much better solution - you can't beat the gurus :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

I think this happens sometimes. I applied and got approved in Solihull PEO on 11th Feb along with 2 dependents. Today we only received my BRP and one dependent's BRP. Called DX and they have not got my other dependent's BRP. I have searched through this forum and this was the case with a few applicants. But, they received the other BRPs later.

redbuta
Newly Registered

Post by redbuta » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks again!

I called and they said there was nothing for me.

However after hanging up the phone, realised that I should have given them my wife's surname instead of mine...

Now it's after 5pm, will try again on Monday. Thanks all!

cs95tdg wrote:Alternatively you could call the courier DXSecure to see whether they have another item for you first. Number 01604496798 and press * to speak to the operator. You will be asked for your postcode, name & address.

redbuta
Newly Registered

Post by redbuta » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Fingers crossed for us to receive all the BRPs soon.

Have a good weekend.
aruni4470 wrote:I think this happens sometimes. I applied and got approved in Solihull PEO on 11th Feb along with 2 dependents. Today we only received my BRP and one dependent's BRP. Called DX and they have not got my other dependent's BRP. I have searched through this forum and this was the case with a few applicants. But, they received the other BRPs later.

redbuta
Newly Registered

Post by redbuta » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 am

Called this number. Someone answered the phone within 5 minutes. Unfortunately the DX does not have any outstanding delivery for my wife.

Seems UKBA hasn't made it yet... Start praying now...

srkonline
Newly Registered

Post by srkonline » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:26 pm

[quote="redbuta"]Called this number. Someone answered the phone within 5 minutes. Unfortunately the DX does not have any outstanding delivery for my wife.

Seems UKBA hasn't made it yet... Start praying now...[/quote]

Just to update us all on this forum in similar situation could you let us know ifyou received the BRP card you were expecting?and exactly when did you receive it? also did you do any special followup for this.
Thank you

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Is this common?

Thanks!
That is a 100% guess work!! It is never a fact.. for my case it has always come together!!

And after your wife gets ILR, she is no longer a dependant !!

srkonline
Newly Registered

Post by srkonline » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm

@aruni4470

Coould you also let us know if you received the remaining BRP card and when?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 pm

srkonline wrote:@aruni4470

Coould you also let us know if you received the remaining BRP card and when?
I have applied with 2 dependants on the 11th Feb and got mine and one dependant's BRP on 15th Feb. Got another BRP yesterday. No special follow ups just the usual email to BRP delivery. Strangely, they replied on 22nd that I will receive the BRP in 3-7 days and my dependent's BRP is also dated 22nd. Dont know if the email did the magic.

srkonline
Newly Registered

Post by srkonline » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Great. All sorted for you then....
Enjoy.

When did you email them for which you received the reply on 22nd? just to know the time they take to reply back.

Cheers

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 pm

srkonline wrote:Great. All sorted for you then....
Enjoy.

When did you email them for which you received the reply on 22nd? just to know the time they take to reply back.

Cheers
Sent on 18th

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:35 pm

I am in similar situation folks. I was granted ILR for myself and 1 dependent on 12-Feb at Solihull. I received my BRD card on 22-Feb and still waiting for dependent BRP card.

I have emailed BRP team on 27th Feb and waiting patiently for their reply. We have planned for travel to India by March end. Hoping and praying desperately that my dependent BRP arrives before that.