ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visas: Documentation Review Please ...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skumar45

Family Visitor Visas: Documentation Review Please ...

Post by skumar45 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 pm

I am permanently settled in the UK. (ILR Granted Dec 2012).

I am planning to invite my parents (mom and dad) by applying a visa for them. Having gone through the information on the UKBA website in conjunction with what we have here on this site, I've learnt that 'Family Visitor' is what I need to apply for. All happy. Now, I've started to put together a documentation pack for both my parents.

Father: (He isn't working anymore and is retired from his public sector job a few months back)

- Passport (also photocopies)
- Photo(s) as required for UK BA
- His 6 months Bank Statements (Originals + photocopies)
- A letter stating his employment history (Original + Photocopy)
- An official letter that states his monthly pension amount (To show evidence of income monthly and that he still has economical & residential ties with his motherland)
- His Voter's ID card
- Latest Utility bills (Original + Photocopy)

Mother: (She's been a housewife - never worked and is supported by my father even today)
- Passport (also photocopies) - has my father name in it as her spouse naturally (Shows their relationship)
- Photo(s) as required for UK BA
- Previous 6 months Bank Statements - only has savings
- Registration documents of the house she has on her name (This I hope will prove ties with the motherland)
- Latest Utility bills (at-least 2 suppliers - water and electricity)

Documentation Pack-which I'm supposed to give for their application:

1. Letter of invitation (2 separate letters - one for mum and one for dad just to be on the safe side) - Is this okay ?
2. Flight tickets for both of them (Return)
3. Photocopies of my immigration status in the UK (ILR biometric card, bio-data pages from my passport, ILR grant letter)
4. My up-to-date bank statements (definitely 6 months)
5. My 6 payslips from (July 2012 to Jan 2013)
6. A Latest Utility bill of the flat that I'm living in now
7. I've now started a limited company and am the director since the past 3 weeks and so, I'm going to get a letter from my accountant that will state
(7.1) Date of incorporation of my company
(7.2) Accountant confirming my income so far since the company evolved, payments made to myself (salary + dividends) and the amount of taxes paid so far.
8. I live on rent here in the UK and the Tenancy agreement and a supporting letter from me confirming that my parents can stay with me

My queries - and need your help here please:

1. If I don't get a 'No Objection letter' from my letting agency, would it still be ok for the application ?
2. What should the 'Letter of Invitation' format be ? .. can someone please share it ?
3. My bank statements & tenancy agreement - Should they be originals ?
4. Do I need to fill in any separate 'Sponsorship declaration' form as well - for my parents to use when they do their application ? I saw one here… http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51723
5. Does the documentation that they'll provide - as I stated above suffice ?

Please can someone who are familiar with this visa category throw some more light. Thanks very much in advance.

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Can someone please help !

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

How many bedroom house is it that you rent and how many people are currently living in there?

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 am

Two bedroom flat - currently me and my spouse live.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 am

Specially for visitor visa they are very fussy about the accommodation. Make sure it is clearly stressed in your letters

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Your list of document looks fine.

As you parents will submit visa applications together, so it's fine to send a single combined invitation letter.

1 NOC from letting agency is not mandatory.
2. You can use the sponsorship letter format from the link you mentioned
3. Bank statement and tenancy statements can be photocopy
4. Sponsorship declaration is not mandatory but no harm if you include it.
Sponsorship letter is the main thing and ensure you submit that original with your signature
5. rest looks fine.

thedreamer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thedreamer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Is scan copy not good enuf for invitation letter or do i need to send it through courier/mail. if that is the case do i need to have two copies one for my father and other for mother.

ban.s wrote:Your list of document looks fine.

As you parents will submit visa applications together, so it's fine to send a single combined invitation letter.

1 NOC from letting agency is not mandatory.
2. You can use the sponsorship letter format from the link you mentioned
3. Bank statement and tenancy statements can be photocopy
4. Sponsorship declaration is not mandatory but no harm if you include it.
Sponsorship letter is the main thing and ensure you submit that original with your signature
5. rest looks fine.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm

thedreamer wrote:Is scan copy not good enuf for invitation letter or do i need to send it through courier/mail. if that is the case do i need to have two copies one for my father and other for mother.
I am sure you'll find examples where applicants received entry clearance with a scanned copy for invitation letter, so I won't say it's not good enough.
I personally would include an invitation letter with original signature.
For parents applying together a single combined letter would suffice.