ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT CAN I APPLY FOR BC FROM ABROAD?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michelinha

URGENT CAN I APPLY FOR BC FROM ABROAD?

Post by michelinha » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi I lived in the UK for the last 11 years, got Permanent Residency in 2010. I already passed the life in the UK test. Got all the documents but Im abroad at the moment, I have been here for the last 2 months and 10days.
I will go back to the UK but not for the next 2 years. I really dont want to lose my right for BC.
What do I do? PLEASE HELP.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Are you married to a BC? If not, the UKBA is not likely to grant citizenship to an applicant who is not planning to make the UK his home once becoming British.

michelinha

Post by michelinha » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 am

Jambo wrote:Are you married to a BC? If not, the UKBA is not likely to grant citizenship to an applicant who is not planning to make the UK his home once becoming British.
Hi Jambo thanks for ur replay. But other

Im not married to a BC. I was married to EU citizen. And i was granted Permanent.

My new partner is BC but we re not married yet. Do u think if we get married will be easier? we re planing to get married in may anyway.

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:21 am

Even if you got married to a British citizen in May, then you still cannot apply, as you would then have been outside the UK for over 90 days in the final qualifying year.

If you go back to the UK now, before you spend more than 90 days outside of the UK, then you may apply, subject to the standard requirements, including future intentions requirements.

You should return to the UK within two years of your departure to preserve your PR status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.