ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and FLR(M) for respectives spouses at the same time?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rahim_dad

ILR and FLR(M) for respectives spouses at the same time?

Post by rahim_dad » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:33 pm

I have a query regarding both mine and my wife's application. I would be applying for my ILR soon after completing 5 years on Tier1. Now my wife only joined me in the UK about 18 months ago and obviously her visa expiry date is the same as mine and she isn't eligible for ILR yet. I want to apply through a PEO to save time.
Now is it possible for both of us to apply together i.e. me for my ILR and she for her FLR (M) (I assume) on a single appointment at the PEO with her being the dependent?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 pm

If you are applying for ilr as a PBS migrant then your wife needs to extend her leave on the PBS dependent form not FLR(m). She would need a separate appointment after yours. If your application is not decided on the day she should apply by post unless she has time to make another appointment.

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks for the clarification Greenie.

My wife is expecting a the moment and is due to give birth a couple of months before my ILR is due. Now with regards to the baby, should I wait till and I get my ILR and then apply for a British Passport for the baby or will the baby apply with my wife when she extends her visa as PBS Dependent?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Baby will not need to apply for leave to remain, unless travelling.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.