ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family member of EEA national Visa for Portugal?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mick5

Family member of EEA national Visa for Portugal?

Post by mick5 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi me and my girlfriend like to visit Portugal in may 2013 and i have Family member of EEA national Residence card last month we traveled to Fuerteventura (Spain ) with Schengen visa but IMO did not bother to see my visa just saw my Residence card and let me go no stamp on my passport, we are planing to goto portugal and just to be on a safe side i like to get visa but there website visa section site has error i called embassy to find out they said its working but its not.
Do you guys have any idea how can i apply?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Unless you are travelling with the EU national on whom you are dependant, there is no guarantee you will be admitted, and, frankly, should not be allowed to. You will, therefore, need a schengen visa to visit that country as an individual. I don't know what to suggest for your GF as you have not mentioned her status.

mick5

Post by mick5 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

My girlfriend is Polish and we already traveled Malta.Greece with out visa but in Greece they were not happy to let me in because they said we dont believe on Girlfriend or boyfriend we only believe married couple thats the reason i got visa for spain but IMO did not check my visa just saw my Residence card and let me in even i told him i have visa for spain but he said no needed.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 pm

The same advise applies as to your other threads. A residence card should be sufficient if traveling with your EU durable partner. I recall you had problems entering Poland and understand this is why you wish to apply for a Schengen visa.