ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa: Proving family ties for mother-in-law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farazfastian

Visit Visa: Proving family ties for mother-in-law

Post by farazfastian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm struggling to understand what my mother-in-law can provide to prove her family ties back in Pakistan. She's just a house wife and totally dependent on her husband without any bank statements, utilities, property on her name.
Here's what I’m thinking but not sure if it'll be enough:

- Husband and Children ( Over 18 ) ID cards
- Children ( Under 18 ) birth certificate
- Children college letters
- Her Marriage certificate translated certified

Do you think it would be enough?

Thanks,
Faraz

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Visit Visa: Proving family ties for mother-in-law

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 pm

farazfastian wrote:She's just a house wife and totally dependent on her husband
So provide his details and evidence of ties.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm

True but he's not going anywhere, im just inviting her.
Also i think above documents will prove his ties as well?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

They are married so anything that confirms his finances and ties will confirm her ties also . It is her individual application but she can show her shared means (even where not in her specific name) in the evidence. It if were otherwise, half the world would be barred from applying for visas

james321
Newly Registered

Post by james321 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:38 pm

not anything above u mentioned

1- nadra registered B form certificate easily issued on local nadra branch (if pakistan)

2- on 20rs stamp paper affidavit singed by ur father in law that he support ur mother in law financially and support her in all financial matters (if pakistan)

then your father in law bank statements acceptable remember also attach
copy of currency conversion from http://www.oanda.com/ PKR to punds

enough
Last edited by james321 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm already providing his financial means i.e.

- Bank Statement last 6 months
- Property document
- Business utility bills
- Business income tax

would this be enough to prove his income?

james321 are you saying that Nadra letter is known to Home Office and that would prove her marriage?

Note: we had her visa rejected couple of years ago on this ground so i want to make sure we send everything needed this time. Thanks

james321
Newly Registered

Post by james321 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 pm

nadra B FORM is proof of family tree yes definitely it also proof marriage

remember to attach bank statement with http://www.oanda.com/ currency conversion and highlight amount with yellow marker

affidavit is every important

you don't need to attach utility bills property proof just bank statement with currency conversion (6month old statement 5,000 pounds sufficient) , affidavit singed by father in law that she will definitely come back by end of visit and i support her financially etc (this is proof that she have family in Pakistan and will back end of visit) and nadra b form is proof that she have family and all thing ok

if ur wife is pregnant that why calling ur mother in law please do not mention about pregnancy this shouldn't be reason to visit other wise this will b rejected as well :)

from sponsorship residence proof and bank statement if supporting etc
but must attach bank statement from your father in law with affidavit

embassy will only allow if they make sure applicant will come back end of visit hope u understand all they worry about public funds :)

rejected ? u appealed ?

hope it helps

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:27 pm

She got rejected twice and my mum too back in 2009. We appealed for both and both came to UK on my son's first birthday instead of his birth.

Now we're expecting second and yes i'm not mentioning this, just inviting her to visit daughter and grandson.

I'm sponsoring her trip FULLY, so i'm providing my bank statement, company letter, and property deed documents.

Faraz

james321
Newly Registered

Post by james321 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:32 pm

k then affidavit from your father-in-law and property proof (that should in on ur father-in-law name) ?

yaar problem is that child birthday or child born case rejected cause they think (nanni daddi) will brain wash children they will reject u at any way specially from Pakistan

so reason will be just visit to meet her daughter and family
letter from wife that i want my mom to visit etc (simple rakhoo)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:00 pm

farazfastian wrote:I sponsored my mother-in-law visit visa fully and showed enough funds in my bank account. She attached her husband bank statement just to show her financial circumstances but they rejected her visa stating following reason:
You've stated that your visit will personally cost you £1500 but your bank statement hasn't got enough funds to support this claim.
I personally think its due to following answers i gave in the form:

78. How much money is available for your visit? £1500
81. If someone else other than yourself paying for all or any part of the visit, how much money will they give you? £1500
82. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in UK? £1500
79. Who will pay for your for your travel? Son-in-law

I think they rejected it due to Q82, i should have written 0 or None there?

So is it worth applying again correcting this mistake?

Thanks,
Faraz
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Yes. Don't forget to provide your bank statement and / or salary slips.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks sush! yes i did give them everything to prove my finance. Do you think its worth mentioning in the notes that we did mistake last time and we've corrected it now i.e. we've removed £1500 from personal finance question?

Here's the reasoning, in case there's anything else need correction as well:
You have said that your sponsor will pay for you travel costs and as well as maintenance and accommodation. I'm satisfied that they're able to meet this.
However I still have to be satisfied of your own personal and financial circumstances and your intention to leave the UK. You have provided no evidence to demonstrate your personal and financial circumstances. You've stated that your visit will personally cost you £1500 and in support of your application you've submitted your bank statement. however there's not enough funds to support this claim. I'm not satisfied that you will adequately maintain yourself or can meet the cost of return or onward journey.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm

You have said that your sponsor will pay for you travel costs and as well as maintenance and accommodation. I'm satisfied that they're able to meet this.
However I still have to be satisfied of your own personal and financial circumstances and your intention to leave the UK. You have provided no evidence to demonstrate your personal and financial circumstances. You've stated that your visit will personally cost you £1500 and in support of your application you've submitted your bank statement. however there's not enough funds to support this claim. I'm not satisfied that you will adequately maintain yourself or can meet the cost of return or onward journey.
Also note the comment, highlighted in blue, made in the refusal.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:44 am

I provided following document to prove her personal and financial circumstances:

1) Bank Statement
2) Tax Return
3) Property Docs
4) Utility Bills
5) Affidavit from her husband
6) NADRA official letter confirming her family
7) Letters from her children schools showing she takes care of school going children
8 ) Marriage Certificate

Do you think above still not enough to prove it?

Thanks,
Faraz

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 am

Could someone plz confirm this, as i'm going to re-apply and i can't afford another rejection.

Thanks,
faraz

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:52 pm

x