ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 pm

let_koko wrote:In my case, i think HO made a mistake my accepting that application as valid, I should have been advised to withdraw the appeal before submitting another application

All the dates of withdrawal of appeal and submission of a new application are on my SAR file.

From my question, please, do you think, it wont be count as continuous
CONTINUATION OF LEAVE WHILE AN APPEAL IS PENDING wrote:In accordance with sections 3C (2)(c) and 3D(2)(b) leave is extended while an in-country appeal is pending. An appeal is pending from the time that it is instituted until it is finally determined, withdrawn or abandoned. Section 104 (1) of the 2002 Act applies. An appeal is abandoned if the appellant is granted leave to enter or remain in the UK or if he leaves the UK. Section 104 (4) applies.
You might need to speak to some experts WRT the above quote. Why not send an email to the ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation. you shall get a response within 20 working days and enclose the response (if in your favor) along with your application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

natisanga

processing times

Post by natisanga » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 pm

After careful consideration ( with my conscience) I decided not to ask to expedite my case due to my late's husband father passing away ( I was not going to travel back home for that reason so I decided not to do it).

I work in research in a University, and I really need to travel to do some field work ( that has to be in specific months due to climatic reasons)...so I decided to contact my MP to request to expedite due to that ( I can provide University letters to back up my case).

So the first stage now, after contacting the UK Border Agency, they have said that it is 6 months from the moment you do your biommetrics, so people like me (and most of july/august applicants) that only got letters in November, are in theory only half way our processing times (6 months). Probably that is why their statistics dont change if that is how they are calculating this. ( not our fault it takes almost 4 months to get them).

They also said to the MP that actually my case was delayed because they had to contact me a lot to get my biommetrics done ( a reminder here - i got a second letter because i actually called and requested it).

I received both the same day anyway ( one dated from the 10th and the latter one from the 21st of november). So the MP was "surprised" to find out that actually no real delay was caused here, and that it was me who requested a second letter, and that I RECEIVED BOTH THE SAME DAY ( so they never sent the first one)... and that the difference was merely 10 days.

Anyway, good i kept them both to prove this.

We have provided the letters from Universities (big joint projects) and I will let you know what else they say and if they really expedite my case.

This is just unbelievable.

Anyway, they say it is not slow processing, just that they have toooo many cases. They have got to be kidding us.

Anyway, i will keep you updated.

aksi

Re: processing times

Post by aksi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 pm

This is quite similar to my case, but they refused to expedite to me as well as MP.
But did processed it with in 6months(I was August applicant as well) and only 4 days after refusing to MP.

I know another case in which they refused to expedite due to work related urgency.

But still reckon that no harm in contacting MP.
natisanga wrote:After careful consideration ( with my conscience) I decided not to ask to expedite my case due to my late's husband father passing away ( I was not going to travel back home for that reason so I decided not to do it).

I work in research in a University, and I really need to travel to do some field work ( that has to be in specific months due to climatic reasons)...so I decided to contact my MP to request to expedite due to that ( I can provide University letters to back up my case).

So the first stage now, after contacting the UK Border Agency, they have said that it is 6 months from the moment you do your biommetrics, so people like me (and most of july/august applicants) that only got letters in November, are in theory only half way our processing times (6 months). Probably that is why their statistics dont change if that is how they are calculating this. ( not our fault it takes almost 4 months to get them).

They also said to the MP that actually my case was delayed because they had to contact me a lot to get my biommetrics done ( a reminder here - i got a second letter because i actually called and requested it).

I received both the same day anyway ( one dated from the 10th and the latter one from the 21st of november). So the MP was "surprised" to find out that actually no real delay was caused here, and that it was me who requested a second letter, and that I RECEIVED BOTH THE SAME DAY ( so they never sent the first one)... and that the difference was merely 10 days.

We have provided the letters from Universities (big joint projects) and I will let you know what else they say and if they really expedite my case.

Anyway, they say it is not slow processing, just that they have toooo many cases. They have got to be kidding us.

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Thank you Damani, I Apr8
Cheers

You might need to speak to some experts WRT the above quote. Why not send an email to the ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation. you shall get a response within 20 working days and enclose the response (if in your favor) along with your application.[/quote]

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello Guys! I have a question about SAR form. What kind of information we should request on it so that we would be able to know relevant information to know that we have covered all 10 years lawfully and there are no gaps? Because there number of options on it.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: processing times

Post by saanju9 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:19 pm

natisanga wrote:After careful consideration ( with my conscience) I decided not to ask to expedite my case due to my late's husband father passing away ( I was not going to travel back home for that reason so I decided not to do it).

Total bu****it.....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

this pages states that its "within six months".... it doesn't say six months from the Biometrics given...

If that is the case why did they send us (some late july and early Aug applicants) the biometrics invite a month (in some cases 2 months) after some of the september applicants got theirs

total disgrace.... they can't even write properly....

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:24 pm

r4rashed wrote:Hello Guys! I have a question about SAR form. What kind of information we should request on it so that we would be able to know relevant information to know that we have covered all 10 years lawfully and there are no gaps? Because there number of options on it.
I checked all boxes, you might as well do the same, it doesn't cost you anything

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm

let_koko wrote:
r4rashed wrote:Hello Guys! I have a question about SAR form. What kind of information we should request on it so that we would be able to know relevant information to know that we have covered all 10 years lawfully and there are no gaps? Because there number of options on it.
I checked all boxes, you might as well do the same, it doesn't cost you anything
Thank you. I will do the same.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Ohhhh you guys don't want to see these replies from the homeoffice

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 7.pdf.html

AMH

Post by AMH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

"All letters are issued in line with the overall target of deciding 95% of applications within six
months" and
on "Acknowledgement it says 99%"
Which one is a true statement?
saanju9 wrote:Ohhhh you guys don't want to see these replies from the homeoffice

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 7.pdf.html
7A8M6H

naqeeb

Question

Post by naqeeb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 am

Just a quick question. Can I apply for a Premium Service personally at any of the UKBA Public Enquiry Offices for the SET(O) ILR route based on long residence or is it just postal applications only.

Thanks

let_koko

Re: Question

Post by let_koko » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:35 am

No premium service for set 0
strictly by post
naqeeb wrote:Just a quick question. Can I apply for a Premium Service personally at any of the UKBA Public Enquiry Offices for the SET(O) ILR route based on long residence or is it just postal applications only.

Thanks

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am

Just called UKBA and after the mere 12 mins wait - was put through to a person - all she could say that you have to wait and thats it. It has been more than 6 months since application.

There is nothing else she could say.

I have already contacted my MP and will be sending a letter to UKBA ( I wonder if any of this is going to help)

Sinan
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Sinan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi guys, I would like to share some good news with you and thank everyone for their postings. This website has helped me a lot surviving the seemingly never ending wait.

I am a July Applicant and here is my time line:

Application Category: SET (O) 10 years long residency
Application Sent: 07/07/2012
Acknowledgment dated: 25/07/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 12/09/2012
Biometric Given on: 12/09/2012
Approval letter and documents received: 19/02/2013
BRP: according to the home office approval letter it should be received within the next 7 working days

It has been a very long wait but I am happy to have finally received it.

I wish all of you good luck with your applications.

k_alibaba

Re: ILR

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm

congrats! finally any good news at last otherwise it give a scary look if you see red entries on skydrive..
so the sept applicants have to wait for another hell like month or so ..
anyway... i wish you best of luck for your future life ...
tc
=======
Sinan wrote:Hi guys, I would like to share some good news with you and thank everyone for their postings. This website has helped me a lot surviving the seemingly never ending wait.

BRP: according to the home office approval letter it should be received within the next 7 working days

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Congratulations Sinan
Good to read some good news......still july applicants!!
I'm one of sept applicants, so I believe I have to wait for another 2months (maybe not)
Sinan wrote:Hi guys, I would like to share some good news with you and thank everyone for their postings. This website has helped me a lot surviving the seemingly never ending wait.

7A8M6H

TheGreenTea

Spreadsheet

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi All

I have been reading the forum silently for about 2 months now.
I cannot find anywhere the link to the spreadsheet with all the applications! Does anybody know how to locate it?

My timeline is:

Application Sent: 19/12/2012
Acknowledgment dated: 21/12/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 17/01/2013
Biometric Given on: 18/01/2013

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Thank you!
And also for adding my details.

endan
Newly Registered

Post by endan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Congrats! Finally another July applicant, bringing me a little more hope

butwhy
Newly Registered

Post by butwhy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm

MY timeline is below: please add this on to skydrive
Date Applied: 03/09/12
Ack: 06/09/12
Biometric Enrolled: 03/11/12
Approval: waiting :?

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

In case ILR rejection under family / private life can get l

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi everyone

I have applied ILR on basis of ten year rule, due to immigration matter in past it was not my fault HO made case and took back. Currently I am on Tier 1 , my family and children in this country last 9 years, so on these basis in case of refusal can I get discretionary leave on not. Or I extend my tier 1 visa and then re apply ILR after this.

Your view and suggestion will be highly appreciate.

Regards
Amjad

adkh2_1

My Timeline for Ilr 10 years basis

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Please find my Timeline for ILR (10 years basis) Below...

Applied 21/09/12
Aknw Letter Received 25/09/12

Biometric Invitation 29/11/2012
Biometric done 29/11/2012

Rest waiting as you guys probably guessed lolzzzz
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

smshad

New VS Old life in the UK test ... Please advise

Post by smshad » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi,
If anyone knows that Life in the UK test passed on current book will be acceptable after the new book test will become effective next month.

For example if someone has passed the old test in February but will apply for ILR in November.

Please advise and if possible post the link of source as well.

Thanks

Shad.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: New VS Old life in the UK test ... Please advise

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

One has to pass the latest version of LIUK test at the time.
The book will form the basis of the Government's revised Life in the UK test, set to be introduced in March, which all aspiring British citizens must pass.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.