ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

The HO are even dragging their feet in reissuing a CoA they made a mistake with. My COA had expired and in November they sent one with the DRF 1. Only it was issued in my daughter's name. Up till now they still have not issued a new one, now I have a job offer with no CoA and no Derivative Residence card yet :(

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 pm

What should we do about this situation? My COA expired in Nov and I have not received a replacement nor residence card. How HO expect me to continue working without one,onle they know. I've not done anything since then and always hope they will soon issue residence card. Oh how wrong I was.
papa2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

GLH 2012,
Did you write to them? If yes, to what address? My solicitor wrote to Paula Rudd who issues replacement COA as per FOI request a month before my COA expired but we have heard nothing. This is really frustrating.
papa2

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:36 pm

mam2 wrote:What should we do about this situation? My COA expired in Nov and I have not received a replacement nor residence card. How HO expect me to continue working without one,onle they know. I've not done anything since then and always hope they will soon issue residence card. Oh how wrong I was.
Mine expired in December and my solicitor wrote many letters reminding them to send a new one, to no effect.

I called the Zambrano Team, I was lucky enough to speak with a nice gentleman who was quite sympathetic and promised to send a new one to my home address, and he did as promised.

You may have to call them, just keep calling them. Though the call goes to voicemail most of the team, just keep calling until somebody picks up the bloody phone: 0151 213 4132.

First, they would ask you how did you get this number, because they never expected anyone to have access to it. Most of them are very rude and they will tell you not to call them. But keep calling them every day, one day you might be lucky to speak with someone who has a human heart.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank you Prince74. I will try tomorrow n feed u all back
papa2

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

mam2 wrote:GLH 2012,
Did you write to them? If yes, to what address? My solicitor wrote to Paula Rudd who issues replacement COA as per FOI request a month before my COA expired but we have heard nothing. This is really frustrating.
Hi mam2, my solicitor wrote to them several times but am not sure the address she used. She's called them a couple of times in my presence but they were reluctant to help, still insisting for us to write. I called them yesterday and the lady I spoke to said I should use the address on the COA.
Thanks Prince74 for the phone number. Will also keep you posted.

easy77

Post by easy77 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 am

But why are they sending a new COA, when they should be issuing a residence card. Its totally unfair and unacceptable.

ruona

Zambrano update

Post by ruona » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

I agree with you ,its totally unfair cos i have been to every where with it to look for job but no employer has accepted it so far.i pray they issue Rc to us fast cos its just so fustrating. :cry:

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 pm

I called them this morning but they were of no help. The lady I spoke to said I should write to an address I already know and continue to wait as we have been advices to. I be just written same letter to 4 different addresses hoping one of them will at least answer/reply. That's how bad its gotten to.
papa2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Sorry for mistakes, I meant.....been adviced to. And I've just......
papa2

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello people I am just wondering if I have got any legal standing taking home office to court over the delay of Zambrano or i don't mind going public but i don't know what platform to use or where to go and also i would urge people to come together and do something under the same banner as this can help our case a great deal we can't just be quiet cos zambrano has been implemented since November and people still to have to wait endlessly, all the job i found they don't want to employ me with COA so am fed up with this!!!!!!
any advise about this will be appreciated. Thanks

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 pm

progeny5kay wrote:Hello people I am just wondering if I have got any legal standing taking home office to court over the delay of Zambrano or i don't mind going public but i don't know what platform to use or where to go and also i would urge people to come together and do something under the same banner as this can help our case a great deal we can't just be quiet cos zambrano has been implemented since November and people still to have to wait endlessly, all the job i found they don't want to employ me with COA so am fed up with this!!!!!!
The UKBA is plainly playing games with us. Can you imagine each time I call them, they would give me a number to call and when I call that number, they people I spoke to will give me a different number. It is like going from pillar to post.

Just this morning I called a number I had been given to call as they are the team dealing with Zambrano applications. When I called that number, I was told to call the public enquiry number which I know if I call it, they will simply tell me their usual mantra "case still under consideration, UKBA will contact you".

It's so frustrating.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Prince74 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:Hello people I am just wondering if I have got any legal standing taking home office to court over the delay of Zambrano or i don't mind going public but i don't know what platform to use or where to go and also i would urge people to come together and do something under the same banner as this can help our case a great deal we can't just be quiet cos zambrano has been implemented since November and people still to have to wait endlessly, all the job i found they don't want to employ me with COA so am fed up with this!!!!!!
The UKBA is plainly playing games with us. Can you imagine each time I call them, they would give me a number to call and when I call that number, they people I spoke to will give me a different number. It is like going from pillar to post.

Just this morning I called a number I had been given to call as they are the team dealing with Zambrano applications. When I called that number, I was told to call the public enquiry number which I know if I call it, they will simply tell me their usual mantra "case still under consideration, UKBA will contact you".

It's so frustrating.
This is why i think mobilizing and making a statement is going to push things in our favour but i just can't get my head around where to go cos i have called them so many times within the last 3 weeks and also sent like 3 letters and no repaly all they keep saying is you have to keep waiting endlessly men!! am loosing my mind, people can't just keep sitting down hoping this will be sorted out soon, you will find out the year will run out without them doing nothing

zaidamjad

zamrano case in UK but my daughter has Irish Passport

Post by zaidamjad » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:59 am

hi
can any one help me please.
can i apply the visa to remain in UK on zambrano judgement even my daughter has got Irish passport?

frei
BANNED

Re: zamrano case in UK but my daughter has Irish Passport

Post by frei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:59 am

zaidamjad wrote:hi
can any one help me please.
can i apply the visa to remain in UK on zambrano judgement even my daughter has got Irish passport?
Yes you can, where was your daughter born? is one of the parent Irish? daughter may be British citizen if born by an Irish citizen in the UK

HiPriest
Newly Registered

Benefits via Zambrano

Post by HiPriest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 pm

I recently attended a seminar on access to social benefit by zambrano beneficiaries and its appears while you may be waiting to get the new regulation overturn in a court of law, the best course of action is for all persons to apply for any benefit, get refused then appeal . What happens is when the reg is finally overturn you get your benefit paid back dated

zaidamjad

Re: zamrano case in UK but my daughter has Irish Passport

Post by zaidamjad » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 am

Hi frie
Thanks for your help. My doughter has got Irish passport already
She is living in Pakistan with her mother( my wife ). I am in UK on tier 1 visa
I want to bring my wife and daughter in UK. Can I rely on Zambrano to bring
My wife here. My wife has got re ernty ban in UK for 10 year.
Can I apply

zaidamjad

Post by zaidamjad » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 am

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 am Post subject: Re: zamrano case in UK but my daughter has Irish Passport
Hi frie
Can I apply

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 am

zaidamjad wrote:Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 am Post subject: Re: zamrano case in UK but my daughter has Irish Passport
Hi frie
Can I apply
Hi zaidamjad, what is your nationality? are you also an Irish citizen?

zaidamjad

Post by zaidamjad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 am

hi frei

my nationality in Pakistani and i am point based migrant visa (tier 1 General)

frei wrote:
zaidamjad wrote:Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 am Post subject: Re: zamrano case in UK but my daughter has Irish Passport
Hi frie
Can I apply
Hi zaidamjad, what is your nationality? are you also an Irish citizen?

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 am

If I may ask,why is your wife banned from re entry to UK for 10 yrs? And why did she go with your daughter? How old is your daughter?
papa2

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 am

zaidamjad wrote:hi frei

my nationality in Pakistani and i am point based migrant visa (tier 1 General)
I do not think there is provision in place to issue entry clearance under Zambrano, even if there was one, the Deportation order will be a bar as it is not a freedom of movement application the DO will always be be considered.

As your child is Irish your wife could apply to the Irish embassy for entry clearance based on zambrano, the reason for deportation will be taken into account again. That way you are at least a step closer

If you choose to apply for Ireland you should start now and not waste further time.

zaidamjad

Post by zaidamjad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 am

She overstayed her visa when she visited UK. My daughter is
10 years old.

zaidamjad

Post by zaidamjad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 am

I already applied visa for Ireland and it was refused.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 am

zaidamjad wrote:I already applied visa for Ireland and it was refused.
What was the basis for refusal? what type of visa did she apply for?