ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent to Tier 2 General - URGENT please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karpu

Tier 1 Dependent to Tier 2 General - URGENT please

Post by karpu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi All,

Need your opinion and experiences if any one come across or heard such situations.

At present I am on Tier 1 dependent visa which is expiring on 27th April 2013. As I can’t extend my visa from UK my company is formally agreed to sponsor Tier 2 General from India.

Now the problem is my company is saying we have seen cases in past where "when we are sponsoring Tier 2 General visa from India (especially who are on Tier 1 Dependent in the past) UKBA is not responding or telling any decision for long time (up to 3 months or more) without any reason.

Because of this reason my company is not giving any timelines or commitment whether they will process Tier 2 General for me from India or not.

There are lot of dependencies with this decision, whether I should pack up completely from UK and go back to India. OR Go for 3 to 5 weeks for Visa processing keeping house, Car and other stuff as it is.

If anyone comes across such cases or any kind of experiences during Tier 2 General Visa process who are previously on Tier 1 Dependent please comment.

which will help me in taking better decisions.

Manka10

Re: Tier 1 Dependent to Tier 2 General - URGENT please

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 pm

karpu wrote:Now the problem is my company is saying we have seen cases in past where "when we are sponsoring Tier 2 General visa from India (especially who are on Tier 1 Dependent in the past) UKBA is not responding or telling any decision for long time (up to 3 months or more) without any reason.

Because of this reason my company is not giving any timelines or commitment whether they will process Tier 2 General for me from India or not.
all lame excuses, UKBA doesnt mess around with Tier2 applications and if the company wants, can even get the visa within 10 working days using premium postal service
I wouldnt work for such a sh!tbag company myself :lol:
Manka

SeemaJayan
Newly Registered

Post by SeemaJayan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

We had switched from a Tier 1 dependent to Tier 2 General by applying in India, the company had provided sponsorship, and we got the Tier 2 visa within 15 days of applying, we filled in the forms ourselves and submitted without going thru agents. The actual processing time is about a week or so, and you will be notified by SMS by VFS the progress of your processing if you provide a mobile no. I'm not sure if there the processing time varies slightly from VFS to VFS. We made our application in 2011.

So shouldnt be an issue if you can get company sponsorship.
Good Luck !

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent to Tier 2 General - URGENT please

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

karpu wrote:At present I am on Tier 1 dependent visa which is expiring on 27th April 2013. As I can’t extend my visa from UK my company is formally agreed to sponsor Tier 2 General from India.
Why can you not extend your Tier 1 dependent leave? Is the main Tier 1 (General) holder not extending?

Please note that if you change to Tier 2 (General), then this resets your qualifying period for settlement.

Edit: Ah, I see why now. It's better to post in one thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 pm

karpu wrote:Hi All,

Need your opinion and experiences if any one come across or heard such situations.

At present I am on Tier 1 dependent visa which is expiring on 27th April 2013. As I can’t extend my visa from UK my company is formally agreed to sponsor Tier 2 General from India.

Now the problem is my company is saying we have seen cases in past where "when we are sponsoring Tier 2 General visa from India (especially who are on Tier 1 Dependent in the past) UKBA is not responding or telling any decision for long time (up to 3 months or more) without any reason.

There are lot of dependencies with this decision, whether I should pack up completely from UK and go back to India. OR Go for 3 to 5 weeks for Visa processing keeping house, Car and other stuff as it is.

If anyone comes across such cases or any kind of experiences during Tier 2 General Visa process who are previously on Tier 1 Dependent please comment.

Which will help me in taking better decisions
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.