ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO application 14th Feb @Solihull - status unknown

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

ILR PEO application 14th Feb @Solihull - status unknown

Post by arvindsankaran » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied for my ILR PEO application recently and below are the events that occurred on the D day.

1. Was scheduled for a PEO appointment at 1pm at Solihull
2. Reached well before time with all documents (from London)
3. Got my token number and was asked to wait to be seen
4. Was finally called in by the case worker at 3.30pm
5. My VISA status earlier to my ILR application:
- Tier 2 ICT
- Current leave valid till 14th Jan 2014
- Entered UK for the first time on 8th March 2008
- Total leaves outside UK in the past 4 yrs 11 months < 75 (paid annual leaves)
6. Case worker asked me for the following documents in order:
- SET O application form
- Passport
- BRP card
- Work Permit document (from 2008)
- Life in the UK pass notification document
- Employee Reference letter (indicating my SOC, my current pay and covering my leaves outside UK)
- Bank statement (only for Jan 2013)
- Salary slip (only for Jan 2013)
7. At 3.45pm, the case worker reviewed all my documents and said that my application was fine and I could proceed to make the payment of the fees and submit my fingerprints
8. I double checked with the case worker if she required any additional documents (including photocopies). She gladly accepted the photocopies and confirmed no other original documents were required from me.
9. Before I got up to head to the payment counter (which was the adjacent window from where I was seated), she apologized that since it was beyond 3.30pm they would not be able to take the payment from my card but rather would use the payment page of my SET O form application as authorization to withdraw the said fees on Friday.
10. 3.50pm At the payment counter, another person compared my card details and the payment page and confirmed the details to match and everything to be fine. He asked me to head back to the waiting room to be called in for submitting my finger prints.
11. 4.10pm I was called in for Biometric finger print submission (+ photo for BRP card). I was asked to wait thereafter to be returned my original documents.
12. 4.30pm (being one amongst the last left in the waiting room), a different case worker came back with all the original documents. She handed over my documents, checked with the person who did my Biometric and confirmed that my application was successful. She though stated that they would be unable to give a confirmation letter to that effect as the payment was not processed. She stated that once the payment is deducted from my account the next day 15th Feb, someone from this Solihull office would CALL ME on my contact number stated on the application form and confirm my application. Further to this, they would send me the confirmation letter which I would receive in a few days time. Lastly, she stated that within 7 days of having received my confirmation letter, I would receive the new BRP card.

I was glad with everything that went on till now and left happily (back to London).

13. Strangely, I have not received any call from them till now (18th Feb 2.30pm) nor any sort of confirmation in post/email.
14. Even more strangely, my bank whom I had made aware of this huge transaction beforehand confirmed that they could see my funds (of £1377 - ILR PEO fees) being blocked by UKBA since 15th Feb 3AM but till now they havent withdrawn this money.

I am utterly perplexed with the chain of events since Friday morning and have tried calling many numbers but to no avail.

The worst part is
- I was not provided any reference number for my application on the Day to be able to track and
- I do not know how to contact them to understand my application status.

Appreciate if anyone could advise with what I could do further and how please?

Thanks and regards
Arvind

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Try Contacting Sollihull PEO on 0121 7133229 it may help

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Please get Ref. No., if it is available. Hope they will make the decision very soon.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Sorry about your situation.Thank You for sharing your experience.

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Post by arvindsankaran » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm

@ilrdep - I have tried this number and a few others including the main 0870 number but without any luck.

@Kevin24 - Unfortunately I never expected such a situation to arise. Neither did they give me a reference number nor am I in a position to get one now.

Thanks both of you for your suggestions though.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

You can't do anything else,until they contact you. I can understand what you are going through.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

arvindsankaran wrote:@ilrdep - I have tried this number and a few others including the main 0870 number but without any luck.

@Kevin24 - Unfortunately I never expected such a situation to arise. Neither did they give me a reference number nor am I in a position to get one now.

Thanks both of you for your suggestions though.
Hi arvind

Sorry that you have to face so much of inconvinience. Co-incidentally I was also there on the same day at b'ham solihull. The head of the services did come to inform that they were short of staff and hence most of our applications (shceduled to be around 10:30) happened pretty late.
Most of the application on the same day did happen very late and we also got out confirmation letters almost at 4:00..
During the time when I was there I saw a chinese girl come into the UKBA office to inquire that her visa stamping was not veyr clear on her passport.
So I guess if you could (may be worth than to wait here with the stress) drive down to solihull and ask them directly, because they do entertain (atleast hear you out) if you step into their office without the appointment.
I suggest do take the token number with you, some how they track all their applications through the token number issued

hth,

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Did she give you or you asked for a letter confirming that your application is pending until the payment is deducted from your account ?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm

You applied on 14th, today is Monday and in the middle 2 days were non working days. Would suggest wait till end of this week and have some patience. It will be approved

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Post by arvindsankaran » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 pm

@shin25: I cannot afford to take an off from work this week. So I am forced to wait.

@Gagan1986: Believe I dont have an option other than wait and pray.

@stokbrig: You can say it was my stupidity. I dont know why I had so much confidence in what they said and I simply returned without taking any acknowledgement.

Staying in London I opted for Solihull over Croydon thinking that it would be a one time travel affair and I would have peace of mind at the end of all this but alas.

I will try to head to Solihull office again on Monday next week if things do not work out by end of this week.

Thanks everyone for going through my ordeal and helping with your valuable suggestions.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 am

Sorry to hear about ur situation,

I was in a similar sitation at Cardiff PEO in Jan and it was due to an IT failuire (Biometrics result wasnt coming through), they couldnt give the approval letter but gave me all my documents back and a referencce number saying they will call me next day.I was very nervous not knwing when they will call,

But good thing was with Cardiif PEO they called me very next day and said all were fine and even recieved my BRPs with in 3 days,

I am sure your case will be fine soon so will pray my friend,

------------------------------------
Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Post by arvindsankaran » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am

Hello folks,

I received an alert this morning at 2AM from my bank stating Home Office debited £1377 from my account.

So I believe I am back on track. I hopefully should receive the confirmation letter anytime this week followed by the new BRP card in 10 days (as per the process).

Will keep updating this thread as there is more progress.

Thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 pm

great news arvindsankaran please keep us posted with your case details.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Glad to hear that. Note for future members - understand it can be very stressful but got to be patient!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 pm

arvindsankaran wrote:Hello folks,

I received an alert this morning at 2AM from my bank stating Home Office debited £1377 from my account.

So I believe I am back on track. I hopefully should receive the confirmation letter anytime this week followed by the new BRP card in 10 days (as per the process).

Will keep updating this thread as there is more progress.

Thanks
Great News. Keep us posted of your experience.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 pm

It's our destiny to fight like Santiago in the ''the old man and the sea'' until the sun rises again!
All the best

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Post by arvindsankaran » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Hello folks,

Today I finally received the confirmation letter from ukba stating that my application has been successful, they have taken the payment fees and I would receive the brp card in next 7 days.

cheers!

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 pm

Congrats mate

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:40 am

Congrats.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 am

That is very Good News.Congrats Mate.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

Congrats mate and Welcome to ILR club,

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Post by arvindsankaran » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I finally got my BRP card today after 14 days of my application and 8 days of having received the confirmation letter.

Thanks everyone for your responses and support.