ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rash1

Tier 1 PSW Dependent

Post by rash1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Plz Help!! :(

My husband is in uk on PSW visa and I wish to join him. He lives with his landlord in his house but pay rent for a separate personal bedroom and share Spam and toilet. What kind of tenancy agreement we will need to show? AST or Lodger?

rash1

Post by rash1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 pm

plz reply

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 am

rash1 wrote:plz reply
THERE is no such requirement to show proof of address or any kind of tenancy agreement.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 am

Thank u 4 reply Bruteforce.......
Actually I was refused visa 4 months back for more than one reason and they mentioned 'moreover we didnt show accomodation proof'..... that time we mentioned that initially we'll book a hotel and later will shift to a suitable accomodation

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 am

rash1 wrote:Thank u 4 reply Bruteforce.......
Actually I was refused visa 4 months back for more than one reason and they mentioned 'moreover we didnt show accomodation proof'..... that time we mentioned that initially we'll book a hotel and later will shift to a suitable accomodation
Was it PSW Dependant visa that was refused because of lack of evidence about accommodation?

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am

yes it was PSW dependent visa but it was not refused just because of accomodation.....but they mentioned that we didnt show accomodation

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

rash1 wrote:yes it was PSW dependent visa but it was not refused just because of accomodation.....but they mentioned that we didnt show accomodation
Although there is no prescribed format of tenancy agreement but you cannot surely just show the documents that state that you are renting a room in a house. Normally the tenancy agreements state the period of contract and the name of tennant.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

And the address ofcourse,

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:20 pm

you mean lodger agreement prepared in correct format will be accepted?
Last edited by rash1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm

If all the suggested points are mentioned in the lodger agreement....then? Will this be fine?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm

rash1 wrote:If all the suggested points are mentioned in the lodger agreement....then? Will this be fine?
yes that should do. IMO

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm

My husband is planning to buy a WH Smith's Lodger's Agreement

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 pm

rash1 wrote:My husband is planning to buy a WH Smith's Lodger's Agreement
Will that be signed y the landlord and will that have all the information as mentioned above on it? I am not sure about what that would be.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm

I have not seen the agreement but such legal agreements have blank spaces to be filled by us..... which contains information like-

property address
No. of rooms renting
Landlord signatue
Lodger signature
Lodger's rights in the house
Payment

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Thats fine. They cannot and should not have any objection this time as this is not a requirement in the rules in the first place.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:35 pm

This is the first time I am hearing that PSW Dependents from overseas got their visa refused on such grounds.

If you look at PBS Policy Guidance, you can see that at no point, they ask for proof of accommodation from a spouse or a partner. The word 'tenant' or 'tenancy' is no where to be seen throughout the policy guidance document.

Go through this link and see what are the requirements for Dependents
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /partners/
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 pm

esic_sonia wrote:This is the first time I am hearing that PSW Dependents from overseas got their visa refused on such grounds.
You should put up this question on decision makers, you would not either find anything in the PSW dependant guidance or call it PBS dependant guidance about the evidence to prove relationship is genuine and subsisting other than the marriage certificate. :D

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

bruteforce wrote:
esic_sonia wrote:This is the first time I am hearing that PSW Dependents from overseas got their visa refused on such grounds.
You should put up this question on decision makers, you would not either find anything in the PSW dependant guidance or call it PBS dependant guidance about the evidence to prove relationship is genuine and subsisting other than the marriage certificate. :D
True!

I can tell you what happened to my cousin's brother when he was coming from Canada to UK on a short visit. They rejected his application on 2 grounds. One was that he provided Travellers Cheques issued by American Express (don't have exclusive rights and anyone can cash it), the other was the conversion rate from CAD to GBP (the mistakenly converted it vice versa). We got refusal decision in form of letter in 15 days.

Unfortunately, there are no appeal rights. Therefore, he had to apply again and wrote a letter and politely mentioning the points. To be on a safer side, this time he put the money in bank account but still explained that only a person signing his travellers cheques could cash it., and then told officer that previous officer made a conversion rate error. He took the GBP as CAD and CAD as GBP. The very next day, he was issued visa.

The reason I am telling you is that even they can make mistakes.

You should definitely go for administrative review. I had a client who was refused PSW Dependent because he didn't provide wedding photos.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

esic_sonia wrote:
bruteforce wrote:
esic_sonia wrote:
You should definitely go for administrative review. I had a client who was refused PSW Dependent because he didn't provide wedding photos.
my cousin only last week got refused because of this. no wedding photos. marriage is not subsisting. she has now applied again with loads of photographs instead of appeal. lets c wat happens now.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm

esic_sonia wrote:You should definitely go for administrative review. I had a client who was refused PSW Dependent because he didn't provide wedding photos.
Administrative review is for points based applications, not dependent applications. PBS dependents can appeal but given the op says they applied 4 months ago it is too late now.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Greenie wrote: Administrative review is for points based applications, not dependent applications. PBS dependents can appeal but given the op says they applied 4 months ago it is too late now.
or perhaps he/she was replying to me???? Confusion :D

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 pm

@Greenie

While you are now in the conversation, would you please tell me that if the previous psw dependant refusal was because no photographs or evidence of contact was provided, and now this time when re-applying,ONLY PHOTOGRAPHS covering about 3 years (100) have been provided and no call or chat record or greeting cards etc, so IYO, can they make another objection?

regards

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 pm

bruteforce wrote:@Greenie

While you are now in the conversation, would you please tell me that if the previous psw dependant refusal was because no photographs or evidence of contact was provided, and now this time when re-applying,ONLY PHOTOGRAPHS covering about 3 years (100) have been provided and no call or chat record or greeting cards etc, so IYO, can they make another objection?

regards
they could, but they might not, depends how obvious it is that the photos span a 3 year period. It is difficult to predict the inner workings of an entry clearance officer.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:16 pm

different photograph, body mass, hair style, location and so on and it is still dependent on the 'inner workings' of the case worker. Great

rash1

Post by rash1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 am

u r right......