ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - FEB 20th Croydon PEO - in less than 2.5 hrs.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

senthilkm

ILR Success - FEB 20th Croydon PEO - in less than 2.5 hrs.

Post by senthilkm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 am

First and foremost a BIG THANKS to this forum and its members. I would like to share my experience with the Croydon PEO.

Immigration history
HSMP (2 years) + Tier 1 (3 Years)

Absences
Entry in to the country after 89 days from the first EC date and some absences totaling 136 days.

Appointment booking
Appointment date : 20th Feb 2013 10:05 booked on 9th Jan2013 00:20 hrs
Booked appointment for 3 including my UK born son. After reading in this forum I decided to drop his name from the application. No questions asked.

If you wish to secure an appointment quickly use firefox with an add on called "check4change" very effective(if you know how to use it) and it took less than 20 mins to secure an appointment on midnight.

Documents except the application and the photo I had copies of every document. It helps the case worker to complete the case quickly
1. SET(o) Application form.
2. Passports current x 2 and old passports.
3. Life in the UK test x 2.
4. Payslips x 12.
5. Bank statements x 12.
6. Cohabitation docs x 18(from 2008).
7. P60 x 4.

Appointment day experience

09:40 - Reached Whitegift center parking.
09:45 - Joined the queue (expect a long queue) outside the UKBA office. Takes roughly 30 mins for the airport style security check.
10:15 - Reached the counter in the ground floor. I informed the lady that my son is not applying with us. she didn't ask the reason. Token issued with token number and a number printed as 2+1, presume its two adult + 1 child.
10:20 - Reached the first floor and joined a queue of 4 people to make payment. The lady in the counter asked for the payment page of the application, token number and the card. Gave back the token, card and the receipts.
10:55 - Called to a counter. The lady in the counter asked for the application form, passports and photos.
11:05 - Told to wait for the bio metric call.
11:35 - Called for the bio metrics very friendly lady in the counter.
11:45 - Bio metrics done & told to be seated in the waiting area.
11:55 - Told that Bio metrics has come through and asked to proceed to 2nd floor.
12:05 - Again called by a lady to the counter. She asked in the documents in this order.
  • Application form
    Photos
    Passports
    Life in the UK tests
    Payslips
    Bank statements(highlighted the salary credits in both original and the copies)
    Cohabitation docs
    Any other docs(I submitted p60 for last 4 years)
She said "Perfect you seem to have copies for every document". She went through the application form and asked me to put the # of days for each absence in the application form.
12:10 She asked me to wait whilst she works on my application.
12:35 She called me back and told that my application has been successful. To be honest I was panicked to be called in such a short notice. She gave me two sheets(one for me and one for my spouse) to verify the details and sign. She handed back all the original documents along with two ILR approval letters, Also asked me to check whether I have got all the original documents.
12:40 Checked all the documents and off to car park.

Summary
Organize your documents for a quick decision. Here is what you need to be organized.

1. Arrange all the documents in the date order.
2. Make sure copies are in the same order as the originals.
3. Highlight salary credits on your bank statements.
4. Clip every category of originals together and put a post it on top and write the document category along with "ORIGINALS" and the number of items.
4. Clip every category of copies together and put a post it on top and write document category along with "COPIES" and the number of items.
5. Use a bigger clip to clip the originals and the copies together.

Once again, Many thanks to the forum members.

Warm regards,
Senthil

dmaks
Newly Registered

Post by dmaks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 am

Congrats!!!

pr123
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by pr123 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Congratulations!!!
You have mentioned that the CW asked you to fill in the absence days in the application form. Is it because you had missed out filling some section or any other reason?

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 pm

dmaks wrote:Congrats!!!
Thanks dmaks.

senthilkm

Re: Congrats

Post by senthilkm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

pr123 wrote:Congratulations!!!
You have mentioned that the CW asked you to fill in the absence days in the application form. Is it because you had missed out filling some section or any other reason?
Thanks, I have filled the dates and the reason, the number of days was not mentioned so she asked me to put down the number of days for each absence

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Congratulations. Thank you for your Tips.

hotmale
India

pls advise

Post by hotmale » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Congrats mate

can you pls advise

I am going to apply nxt month in the same category , just wondering did you put your wife as dependent on the same set(O) form, as my wife is here for more than 2 years now.

regards

senthilkm

Re: pls advise

Post by senthilkm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 pm

hotmale wrote:Congrats mate

can you pls advise

I am going to apply nxt month in the same category , just wondering did you put your wife as dependent on the same set(O) form, as my wife is here for more than 2 years now.

regards
Yes, I did add my wife as dependent. You can add your wife as your dependent as long as you can provide cohabitation docs for at least 2 years. Look at acceptable cohabitation docs list in the sticky topic.
All the best.

stokbrig

Re: ILR Success - FEB 20th Croydon PEO - in less than 2.5 hr

Post by stokbrig » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

[quote="senthilkm"]First and foremost a BIG THANKS to this forum and its members. I would like to share my experience with the Croydon PEO

If you wish to secure an appointment quickly use firefox with an add on called "check4change" very effective(if you know how to use it) and it took less than 20 mins to secure an appointment on midnight.

Hi Senthil, congratulations , great to hear success stories which run smoothly.
Could you please provide us with further details about booking an appointment using firefox. thanks

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 am

Just received the BRP as well.

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am

stokbrig wrote:
senthilkm wrote:First and foremost a BIG THANKS to this forum and its members. I would like to share my experience with the Croydon PEO

Could you please provide us with further details about booking an appointment using firefox. thanks
  • 1.Open firefox search for "check4change" install the add on.
    2.Restart firefox.
    3.Open two tabs.
    4.Login to your account on both the tabs.
    5.Try booking an appointment on the first tab.
    6.If the page is not loading or giving an error page select any set of words that might change(incase of error page any text or in case of "no appointments available") and right click you will have an option called check4change and choose the sub menu "check every 30 seconds" or use custom and give the number of seconds if you want it refresh quickly. You will see a clock ticking on the tab's title.
    7.If there are any changes on that web page you will be notified.
    8.Do this until you get an appointment slot.
    9.Once you get a slot make sure the UKBA website is live before submitting the first tab.
    10.Before clicking on an appointment, On the tab TWO verify whether the website is responding or not either by refreshing manually or by using check4change(step 6).
    11.If the website is responding then go to first tab and click the respective link to proceed until you secure an appointment.
Last edited by senthilkm on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 am

senthilkm wrote:
stokbrig wrote:
senthilkm wrote:First and foremost a BIG THANKS to this forum and its members. I would like to share my experience with the Croydon PEO

2.Restart firefox.
    3.Open two tabs.
    6.If the page is not loading or giving an error page select a text and right click you will have an option called check4change and choose the sub menu "check every 30 seconds" or use custom and give the number of seconds if you want it refresh quickly. You will see a clock ticking on the tab's title.
    9.Once you get a slot make sure the UKBA website is live before submitting the first tab.
    10.Before clicking on an appointment, On the tab TWO verify whether the website is responding or not either by refreshing manually or by using check4change(step 6).
    11.If the website is responding then go to first tab and click the respective link to proceed until you secure an appointment.
Many thanks.
1- in step 6 which text should be selected?
2- it seems like automatic refresh, am I right?
3- Does google chrome have anything similar to firefox check4change?

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am

stokbrig wrote:
senthilkm wrote:
stokbrig wrote:

2.Restart firefox.
    3.Open two tabs.
    6.If the page is not loading or giving an error page select a text and right click you will have an option called check4change and choose the sub menu "check every 30 seconds" or use custom and give the number of seconds if you want it refresh quickly. You will see a clock ticking on the tab's title.
Many thanks.
1- in step 6 which text should be selected?
any text in that page that you expect to change
2- it seems like automatic refresh, am I right?
Yes you are right
3- Does google chrome have anything similar to firefox check4change?
Page monitor on the chrome webstore promises the same but I found it buggy.