ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving Home

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sahib

Moving Home

Post by Sahib » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 General and my ILR is due early next year.

I am moving home next month and have a question;
at the time of Tier 1 extension, i was given BRP card along with a small leaflet. On page 3 of leaflet it says, 'you should tell us (UKBA) if; you change your address'.

Can anybody please explain this and advise how shall i tell them? There is no email / contact no on leaflet where i can tell about change of address.

Thanks
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:30 pm

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

If your case is not presently under processing then you can update your new address in your ilr application time or if you want to voluntarily want to update your new address now then following link you can follow;
https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... y-details/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Sahib

Moving Home

Post by Sahib » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks Sheraz, my case not in processing. I already received my cards and now ILR is due in an year time.

That basically means i do not need to inform UKBA anytime i move home?
Can you please confirm?

I am only worried because the leaftet says to inform UKBA if address is changed. I suppose that is only when the application is in process so they can deliver card to correct address.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice