ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education Query for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Education Query for HSMP

Post by sudipbagchi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:01 am

i did my BE electronics from Shivaji university, Maharastra, India
so for claiming points i am submiting my original Degree certificate which clearly states

my full name,- Sudip Bagchi
date of award, - 1st feb 2003
title of the award - BE electronics
name of the awarding institution -shivaji university, maharastra, India

The guidance notes doesnt say we need to provide anything else apart from the Original degree certificate in normal case for claiming points under Qualification section (NOT considering exceptional cases)

Do i need to provide any other documents like my 4year original marksheets or transcripts ?
Does anyone among members from shivaji university applied & got through with just providing original degree certificate

Senior members Please advise urgently.

Thanks in advance
Sudip

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 am

You dont need to supply anything. Most india degrees are UK equivalent and yours is 4 year so no problem. But I assume the degree is AICTE approved.

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Post by sudipbagchi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks for the reply.Yes it is AICTE approved.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:45 pm

Sudip,

You need to provide the following for your education points:

1. Original Degree Certificate.
2. Naric Equivalence comparison (it is not mandatory, but would recommend it as people got rejection i absence of the same..check the link below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14205
)

Good Luck.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:49 pm

Original Degree Certificate; AND
Original Degree Marksheets or Transcript
NARIC letter of comparability. (Not mandatory but preffered.)

kr.prateek
Newly Registered

query regarding name on the degree awarded from Shivaji univ

Post by kr.prateek » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 pm

hi all,
can someone please advise if the difference between name on degree as in mother's maiden name appended against my name will cause any issues in applying for tier 1 general visa?

i got the degree from Shivaji university in march 2006 for the BE (CSE) completed in 2005.

regards,
Kumar Prateek

desaisonalr
Newly Registered

Post by desaisonalr » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi Sudip,

Did you apply for Tier1 or UK NARIC, If yes then please do let me know as me too from Shivaji University.

Regards,
Sonal

push

Re: query regarding name on the degree awarded from Shivaji

Post by push » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:48 pm

It will cause problem. Get the name in your degree corrected. If you want to take a chance, and provided the University agrees, you might otherwise want to get a letter from the University that name of your mother has been appended to your name. Get this letter on Univ's original letterhead. The letter should clearly indicate the name of the person to whom the degree has been awarded, name of the qualification, year etc. etc. Attach original transcripts too and explain everything in the covering letter.

Given the risk (of rejection) involved and the hassle of putting together all this, the safer and smoother way would be to get the degree certificate re-issued with correct name.

regards,

push_hsmp

kr.prateek wrote:hi all,
can someone please advise if the difference between name on degree as in mother's maiden name appended against my name will cause any issues in applying for tier 1 general visa?

i got the degree from Shivaji university in march 2006 for the BE (CSE) completed in 2005.

regards,
Kumar Prateek