ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Thanks Indi007. Your 5 days visa story is Unbelievable mate....Well done. I have seen your documents list and it was Perfect. I was a bit nervous as I haven't included all those

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

@ Jay4u....Congratulations.

aishpe
Newly Registered

Post by aishpe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 am

@Suvi001 - many congrats to u..really happy for u..hopefully our visa should come next week

30/11/12 is this the date u submitted ur visa at VFS hyd or date application started processing at Chennai British High Commission?

Suvi001 wrote:@ Jay4u....Congratulations.

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks Aishpi.. Yeah 30/11/12 the application submission at Hyd and SMS and online update on 5/12/2012 ...
All the best dude .. Hope you get it aswelll ...

My analysis is when we email them after 50 days then vfs guys may email chennai bhc and then they will open application and start processing ... If u get text within 60 working days then I guess application might be successful... If it goes beyond 60 days then further investigation interview or further additional docs request from BHC and then they will decide application is successful or not...

Any way that's my prediction after going through all these forum pages ...
Last edited by Suvi001 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay4you

vissa issued

Post by Jay4you » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks everyone .. and goodluck to those who are waiting ..

koko007
Newly Registered

Query

Post by koko007 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Can we not directly apply for settlemnet visa by visiting British Counsulate in Chennai? A friend of mine got her's done in a day by directly visiting BC in chennai - this was done 4 years ago?

rockstar2k4

Post by rockstar2k4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

@Suvi001 congrats..

Dear Friends ,

could you anyone please advise on my query (above) re English lang requirement (where my wife's NARIC certificate has attached

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 pm

@KoKo

Things have changed massively in last 3 years. Earlier it used to be one day back in 2006 or 2007 then within a week untill 2010 -11. But from 2011-12 onwards as far as I know its definetly minimum 60 days wait.

@Rock star

Sorry you are not getting enough advice on your query. Probably people here dont know answer about ur UK NARIC. that includes myself.

What i read from that letter is they have rejected CEFR C1 level and also at the same time they haven't clearly confirmed A1 level. Probably you might try to ask them another letter to delete CEFR C1 comparisation and only mention A1 level. This is just to avoid confusion for case workers incase they havent got time to read and understand comparision levels.

For my wife I did comparion for BPHARM bachelors degree and they have confimed as CERF level C1 and also she wrote IELTS which she got 6.0 in all forms. So no issues for English langauge criteria.

Hope it helps ..

rockstar2k4

Post by rockstar2k4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Suvi001: Many thanks for your advise.

Now my wife has taken letter from Gulbarga University to confirming her degree was thought in English for her masters M.Sc

Do you think will that be sufficient to prove Eng lang requirement.

Also she has letter from University from which she studied Bachelor Degree

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 pm

It's actually bachelors degree you have to prove for English language. I am not sure will they consider masters degree.
To your question whether its sufficient or not with that Uni letter ... I really dont know.... To be on safe side compare her bachelors degree with Uk naric or writing Ielts general training is the best solution

rockstar2k4

Post by rockstar2k4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm

thanks Suvi001

newsettlement
Newly Registered

ILR Partner

Post by newsettlement » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 am

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:38 pm Post subject: ILR Partner
Hi All,

I have been regular viewer of this forum and gained from the queries everyone posts.

I received my ILR this month and I am getting married next months. I have few questions. I am in UK and my fiancee is in Hyderabad.

1. What visa category will she have to apply for?
2. What form will she have to use?
3. Can I know the waiting time or complete time taken to get visa?
4. What documents will I have to supply?
5. She is still in final Sem of her graduation from JNTU university, will she have to clear any English requirement test and what test does she need to clear if any?
6. How do we book an appointment in Hyderabad?

Appreciate your time to look into this?

Regards
UKSettled

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:51 pm

@newsettlement.
Your question is quite basic. If you are browsing this forum from long time you probably know UKBA website and get all basic information from there. Iam not saying not to ask questions but few basic things can be found from UKBA website and also by spending some time browing . Dont expect long list of answers for your questions. Some times it looks foolish.
Dont mind what I said but that was my feeling.

Any way I tried to answer your questions below

You have to apply for settlement dependent Visa. Make online application (VAF4A) and book appointment. You need to take printoff of online application form and APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A)
FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM and supporting documents as per UKBA guidence document. Put all documents and as many as possible.

To test relationship is genuine or not BHC will see

1) Marriage certificate
2) Wedding card,
3) Wedding photos (15-20)
4) Your email exchanges
5) Phone bills since you started having conversations
6) Facebook timelines or Skpe logs
7) Flight tickets when you first met her
8) Flight tickets when you visited india for wedding
9) Full Passport copy of stamped dates
10) Any greeting cards between your self
11) Sponser letter for your depended wife
12) SU07 form( Not necessary but include incase)

For Accomodation check

1) House Photographs
2) Rest refer UKBA supporting documents include as many a u can

For Sponser financial requirements

1) Job contract, Letter of Employer, Last 12 months pay slips, P60's etc

If any one can think any more docs the add to the above List

newsettlement
Newly Registered

Post by newsettlement » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 am

Suvi001 wrote:@newsettlement.
Your question is quite basic. If you are browsing this forum from long time you probably know UKBA website and get all basic information from there. Iam not saying not to ask questions but few basic things can be found from UKBA website and also by spending some time browing . Dont expect long list of answers for your questions. Some times it looks foolish.

You have to apply for settlement dependent Visa. Make online application (VAF4A) and book appointment. You need to take printoff of online application form and APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A)
FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM and supporting documents as per UKBA guidence document. Put all documents and as many as possible.

1) Marriage certificate
2) Wedding card,
4) Your email exchanges

For Accomodation check

1) House Photographs

Thanks for all the answers. Appreciate your help.

Unfortunately I don't Skype or Facebook.
Is Wedding card a must? We will be only having a small ceremony as we plan to have reception in UK .

My phone bills is all i have as i never have email conversation with her.
Any information on the Eng Lang woul be good too.

newsettlement
Newly Registered

Post by newsettlement » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am

Suvi001 wrote:@newsettlement.

1) Marriage certificate
2) Wedding card,
4) Your email exchanges

For Accomodation check

1) House Photographs

Can you please tell me the fees if applying from hyderabad?

Suvi001
Newly Registered

Post by Suvi001 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 pm

If u google UKBA India then u will get all u r details... I think u r smart enough to work it out from there ... Spend some time dude ...it's difficult to spoon feed each and every question

For English language why don't u get comparison certificate from UK naric once she complete her bachelors... Or u can take risk putting university English medium certificate.. If u cant get these then she has to write Any English test.... IElts is the best option and get scores min 4.0 in all formats

one2ka4

Post by one2ka4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 pm

could anyone advice me what should I be doing now as I still have not heard anything from BHC, and I am really worried, as all they are saying on the phone that the application is going through internal enquiries once that completed you will hear something, and I am not getting any reply from emails, its 70 working days passed already, does anyone know what is the maximum time they allowed to take?? as this is just getting a bit too much. is there any one been waiting for so long??? please kindly share your experience, thanks.

rockstar2k4

Post by rockstar2k4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 pm

I recently received British passport, and when i apply for spouse visa from India - do i need to submit all the pages of passport as there is nothing stamped ? (when compared to Indian passport there will be stamping EC to.. ILR)..

May this Q sounds silly but by looking at the timelines I'm bit concern that if any small mistake could delay/refuse....

aishpe
Newly Registered

Post by aishpe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 am

@Suvi001 - around what time did u recv the sms that it has been dispatched..is it during late hours?
Suvi001 wrote:Thanks Aishpi.. Yeah 30/11/12 the application submission at Hyd and SMS and online update on 5/12/2012 ...
All the best dude .. Hope you get it aswelll ...

My analysis is when we email them after 50 days then vfs guys may email chennai bhc and then they will open application and start processing ... If u get text within 60 working days then I guess application might be successful... If it goes beyond 60 days then further investigation interview or further additional docs request from BHC and then they will decide application is successful or not...

Any way that's my prediction after going through all these forum pages ...
If u or anyone want any more info can email me to

ravi1234_2000@yahoo.com .. I might not be regular at this forum. I am happy to share my experience and any knowledge I gained in last 3 months.. Bless and good luck to all of you

Karan1589
Newly Registered

UK sattlement visa exactly process time

Post by Karan1589 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:14 pm

hello, Sat Sri Akaal evry one hope u all are doin very well... Well I applied Sattlement visa for UK on 18th January and they said it will take 61 working days to approve my visa. Half of time is already gone bt still my visa file status is under processing. But it's ok b,coz it's not yet 61 days gone yet. Bt I just checked on December 2012 and January 2013's graph and they show sattlement visa took 120 days... Omg thts too long if thts true... Do anyone know how long it will exactly take? Or y they said 61 working days if it takes 120 days?

Thankyou and good luck for ur future :D

newsettlement
Newly Registered

Post by newsettlement » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Suvi001 wrote:If u google UKBA India then u will get all u r details... I think u r smart enough to work it out from there ... Spend some time dude ...it's difficult to spoon feed each and every question

For English language why don't u get comparison certificate from UK naric once she complete her bachelors... Or u can take risk putting university English medium certificate.. If u cant get these then she has to write Any English test.... IElts is the best option and get scores min 4.0 in all formats
We want get IELTS but the test dates arent avaliable before may. Is there any other test we can write?

Please reply

one2ka4

Post by one2ka4 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:37 am

finally after 74 working days they issued my wife's visa, and ihave got tht good news to share with you all. thanks to all modrators, members for your help in the process...

aishpe
Newly Registered

Post by aishpe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Finally after 60 working got the settlement visa...this forum has been a big support..

was very nervous as people were submitting so many additional documents and we submitted only the mandatory ones stated by UKBA..

I thank god and thank everyone in this forum..

one2ka4

Post by one2ka4 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 pm

congrats aishpe, I am glad you didn't have to wait as long as me... very happy for you too..

picwanted
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa-BHC Delhi- Applied 18 Dec 12 Approved-15 Mar 13

Post by picwanted » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 am

Guys,
Been a observer on this site. Thanks for the messages while things were being progressed. Kept me going

Got approval of spouse visa just now. Following are specifics

Applied @ BHC/VFS Delhi - 18th Dec 2012
Visa processing started - 23rd Dec 2012
Processed Status change notification@ VFS - 17th March 2013
Courier recieved - 18th March 2013
Status approved wef 15th March 2013

Docs enclosed with app
1. Salary Slips - 6 months, Bank statements - 6 months , P60
2. Employment Contract Copy, Letter from employer
3. Marriage Certificate with 8 pics
4. Tenancy Agreement, Property inspection report
5. Sponsor undertaking
6. Letter from university regarding medium of instruction of BE course in English
7. Proof of contact - Passport stamping @ visit to india, call records, email and chat records

Hope this helps.