ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aggbbs
Newly Registered

Post by aggbbs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

LIUK test doesn't expire. So if you passed using the old book, you do not have to sit for the test again even if you are applying 1yr later.

Hyper-PK

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 am

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hyper-PK

ILR Set(O) 10 years

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:47 am

Hi every one,,,,Any news ,,,,It’s been long time now......But I have heard from one chines forum that even November applicant start getting reply form UKBA,,,,,,seems bit discrimination here

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
jewellondon
ali-80
eryck
nats
Hwima
tapi98
Sanji100
andie_83
kjess

tapi98
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set(O) 10 years

Post by tapi98 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

Nothing yet I phoned them sometime last week they just said not yet complete..Continue to wait until you get a response.So I guess we just have to wait.

Hyper-PK wrote:Hi every one,,,,Any news ,,,,It’s been long time now......But I have heard from one chines forum that even November applicant start getting reply form UKBA,,,,,,seems bit discrimination here

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
jewellondon
ali-80
eryck
nats
Hwima
tapi98
Sanji100
andie_83
kjess

kjess
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set(O) 10 years

Post by kjess » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 am

I'm still waiting... Fingers crossed. It's been 7 months now since I posted the application. What is this "chines forum" you heard about?
Hyper-PK wrote:Hi every one,,,,Any news ,,,,It’s been long time now......But I have heard from one chines forum that even November applicant start getting reply form UKBA,,,,,,seems bit discrimination here

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
jewellondon
ali-80
eryck
nats
Hwima
tapi98
Sanji100
andie_83
kjess

ali-80
Newly Registered

more than 7 months

Post by ali-80 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 am

still waiting more than 7 months...

Sanji100
Newly Registered

Post by Sanji100 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:19 am

Hi every one,,,,Any news ,,,,It’s been long time now......But I have heard from one chines forum that even November applicant start getting reply form UKBA,,,,,,seems bit discrimination here

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
hash_1310
Sul_662
jewellondon
ali-80
eryck
nats
Hwima
tapi98
Sanji100
andie_83
kjess

Still waiting. Its been a 7 month long wait...

k77

Post by k77 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi greentea,

You got your biometric very quickly.I hope you get your ILR quickly as well.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm

aggbbs wrote:LIUK test doesn't expire. So if you passed using the old book, you do not have to sit for the test again even if you are applying 1yr later.

I agree with aggbbs.

Once passed an exam its been passed and it will stand. You don't need to sit every time there is a new version.

God imagine if that rule comes in for GCSE and university exams...We will be sitting exams all our lives (JOKE)

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

In case ILR reject on basis of ten rules

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:09 pm

can someone extend leave to remain after getting decision of ILR application. Your advice will be appreciate

Graceofgod

Re: In case ILR reject on basis of ten rules

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 pm

amjadleeds wrote:can someone extend leave to remain after getting decision of ILR application. Your advice will be appreciate
yes, one can extend the leave to remain provided he/she qualifies under the category they wish to apply at the time of application and application should be made within 28 days of refusal.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Graceofgod wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:can someone extend leave to remain after getting decision of ILR application. Your advice will be appreciate
yes, one can extend the leave to remain provided he/she qualifies under the category they wish to apply at the time of application and application should be made within 28 days of refusal.
Hi thank for your reply, my solicitor is saying you cant extend your leave to remain after getting your decision, when your leave to remain expire during process of ILR applicaiton, really confusion either I will put new application to extend my leave to remain or not

Any particular law regarding this , will be great if you have any link

Regards

essentialSalt

August Applicant

Post by essentialSalt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:36 am

I know it is pointless to ask and there is nothing you can do while you wait for the decision, why do some applicants receive their passports (and ILR) back within a couple of months while others have to wait more than 6 months?

For those of us who just graduated (and qualify for the long residence), we need the ILR to apply for a (post-) graduate job. We can't do anything while we wait for the decisions.

For those who already hold work visa, they can continue to work and earn money to live on.

I continue to live on savings and part-time jobs (still less than 20 hours a week, but pays a great hourly wage, enough to pay the rent). Since I have completed my study, I could work full-time as I wait for the decision, but realistically no employers want to hire someone whose visa could be in any day revoked.

Since the graduation in October 2012, I have had the real chance of getting a graduate job on 2 separate occasions (the final round). On both occasions, the HR asked, "do you CURRENTLY hold the indefinite leave to remain or the right to work in the UK?" I had to say "No, I don't." The HR then replied, "Please reapply when you have the right to work."

I am sorry for wasting the hiring managers' time, but the acknowledgement letter from the Home Office says, 99% of the cases are decided within 6months and I applied for graduate jobs taking that into consideration.

It normally takes 4 months from the day you fill out a job application form to be offered a job (graduates). It made sense for me to apply for a job back in October and November because I am an August applicant (my documents should have been back by the end of Feb).

The Home Office could have a backlog and continues to receive many applications. With the austerity and the public finance cut, it might be hard to keep the promise. But their "you just have to wait" answer which most of you seem to be getting doesn't help at all.

Worse, we, applicants, do not know how the Home Office works. If the process was more transparent, applicants would be happier and the British people would be able to have/discuss an honest immigration debate/reform without the unnecessary guesswork.

I am just wondering why some receive their passports back in a couple of months while others wait for several months. We make goals in life and we rely on other people keeping their promise when we set short-term goals in life.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 am

Graceofgod wrote:
Hi Graceofgod

Does that mean if a application is refused before you complete 10 yrs you will not have a break/gap if you re-applied within 28 days of a refusal notice or notice of an invalid application due to fees, wrong form etc?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: August Applicant

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 am

essentialSalt wrote:I continue to live on savings and part-time jobs (still less than 20 hours a week, but pays a great hourly wage, enough to pay the rent). Since I have completed my study, I could work full-time as I wait for the decision, but realistically no employers want to hire someone whose visa could be in any day revoked..

Are you not better off than some others...?
Fedupwithwhiningpeople wrote:Hi everyone

I am new on here and I am a sponsor for my Husband. He came here to marry me on a finance Visa and we applied for a FLR(M) back in April.
As he was here on a Finance Visa he has not been allowed to work for near on a year now! Which puts a real strain on anyone finances as you could imagine.

Now, I am not moaning about this as we just have to wait like everyone else, which is really stressful:-( and its been 8 months now!

But what really is bugging me, is

Those of you who applied on a student visa or alike........ Why are you moaning about your wait? When you can WORK 20 hours a week? At least you can work, But all that seems to happen is you all seem to whine, rather than be Positive and constructive. Really what have you got to moan about? Oh the wait, but hey I can still WORK!

For those people WHO really has been put through the mill, with applying from a Finance Visa to a FLR(M)...Keep your chin up..it will happen.

Sorry I had to say this...But sometime things have to be said!
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 am

Hwima wrote:
Graceofgod wrote:
Hi Graceofgod

Does that mean if a application is refused before you complete 10 yrs you will not have a break/gap if you re-applied within 28 days of a refusal notice or notice of an invalid application due to fees, wrong form etc?
No, this 28 days provision does not apply to 10 years ILR as you probably know UK immigration rules have lots of grey areas. UKBA uses discretion for a single gap upto 10days. Normally UKBA stipulate a timeframe to send missing details or valid application form and if you comply with that time frame then it should be ok.
Last edited by Graceofgod on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:I continue to live on savings and part-time jobs (still less than 20 hours a week, but pays a great hourly wage, enough to pay the rent). Since I have completed my study, I could work full-time as I wait for the decision, but realistically no employers want to hire someone whose visa could be in any day revoked..

I am new on here and I am a sponsor for my Husband. He came here to marry me on a finance Visa and we applied for a FLR(M) back in April.
As he was here on a Finance Visa he has not been allowed to work for near on a year now! Which puts a real strain on anyone finances as you could imagine.

Now, I am not moaning about this as we just have to wait like everyone else, which is really stressful:-( and its been 8 months now!

Those of you who applied on a student visa or alike........ Why are you moaning about your wait? When you can WORK 20 hours a week? At least you can work, But all that seems to happen is you all seem to whine, rather than be Positive and constructive. Really what have you got to moan about? Oh the wait, but hey I can still WORK!

For those people WHO really has been put through the mill, with applying from a Finance Visa to a FLR(M)...Keep your chin up..it will happen.

I appreciate that, but I don't think it's a good idea to go down that route. We end up saying that as long as we have a roof over us, we are better off than homeless people.

Those of us who are on a student visa to attend courses above the degree level, if we want to get on a career ladder for graduates, we need to follow strict rules which are set by companies in the private sector. They normally operate in cycle. For other jobs, one could apply and do 2 interviews (telephone screening and face to face with a hiring manager instead of 4) and get it. The graduate interviews aren't easy interviews. The recruitment process is gruelling.

Realistically, the chances of getting a PT job for graduates whose applications are still being decided are next to nothing. You should be willing to work on an ad hoc basis for the minimal wage (if at all). Where would you find those jobs? They are not advertised in the newspaper or recruitment agencies. You have to go outside the mainstream society to get those jobs.

I have been fortunate to find a PT job that pays extremely well.

But I appreciate your comment. I do.

dipmm2000d

dealy

Post by dipmm2000d » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 am

I really dont understand why ukba are sending decesion of all other set o applicants quickly except 10 years one. They mentioned there is no specific team to deal with 10 years set o applications, so why then we are not getting decision at the same time frame with them. To my understanding, our application are more straightforward than those of working catagory. Simply dont make sense of this ukba rules.

z18runway

Re: dealy

Post by z18runway » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm

dipmm2000d wrote:I really dont understand why ukba are sending decesion of all other set o applicants quickly except 10 years one. They mentioned there is no specific team to deal with 10 years set o applications, so why then we are not getting decision at the same time frame with them. To my understanding, our application are more straightforward than those of working catagory. Simply dont make sense of this ukba rules.
good question

JS28
Member of Standing

How do you calculate 10 years?

Post by JS28 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 am

Hi everyone,

I am new here and just wanted some information:

1.) How should I calculate 10 years? is it excluding the time I was out of UK or based from the first date I enteredd UK? so for example, If I entered in 2003 then 10 years would have been this year?

2.) I made an extension of a student visa back in 2004 and this was done in person at PEO. everything was fine apart from one document so I wasn't denied but was sent to get the missing document. I was given 28 days. My extension was approved 20 days after my visa had expired. Will this affect my application since I lost the letter where it says 28 days on it?

Your response is much appreciated

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: How do you calculate 10 years?

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 am

1. based from the first date You enteredd UK

2.) I made an extension of a student visa back in 2004 and this was done in person at PEO. everything was fine apart from one document so I wasn't denied but was sent to get the missing document. I was given 28 days. My extension was approved 20 days after my visa had expired. Will this affect my application since I lost the letter where it says 28 days on it?

Request for SAR using an SAR Form and it should include this letter.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 am

Damanisshallo wrote:1. based from the first date You enteredd UK

Request for SAR using an SAR Form and it should include this letter.
Thanks for your reply.

What if the HO lie? :(

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 am

JS28 wrote:What if the HO lie? :(
They should'nt as it'd be against DPA Act. They sent me all the letters that I sent to them whilst my application was under consideration.
Skydrives, Templates

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 am

Hi All

I am in fairly similar situation as essentialSalt. My life is on hold. I did and do have a few job offers (waited for over 6 months) but I can't start due to the UKBA waiting time. I am finishing off my phd and trying to start a part time job (they wanted full time, but I can't for WORK 20hr max reason).

My part time job is in university, they said that they need to photocopy my passport by law. And that copy must NOT be made by myself. It had to be done via university. Their HR tells me kind of last min, and I have to start the job within a week or lose the job otherwise.

Does anyone know how I can get a copy from UKBA?? Any special forms I need to fill in? Do I write to them and request this information?? If so, is it another 20 days??

I called UKBA, but the operator really seem to "don't know the application progress". Is this a bad news? They just say that "The process for your application is not complete"

To essentialSalt, I understand your difficulties. The only thing if I may suggest is carrying on investing in your education (online free course, learn new skills). This will show your future employer that you are doing something in the right direction.

Damanisshallo wrote:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 am

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Hi All

I am in fairly similar situation as essentialSalt. My life is on hold. I did and do have a few job offers (waited for over 6 months) but I can't start due to the UKBA waiting time. I am finishing off my phd and trying to start a part time job (they wanted full time, but I can't for WORK 20hr max reason).

My part time job is in university, they said that they need to photocopy my passport by law.
Follow this post
Skydrives, Templates