ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for Tunisian citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

firas1990

EEA Family Permit for Tunisian citizen

Post by firas1990 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 am

am Firas Mighri and i am Tunisian citizen aaged 22 years old.I married a lithuanian citizen who have been living and working in UK for 5 years. We married in 11 May 2012 and in since 20 June 2012 she is living with me here in Tunisia(almost 9 months).Due the situation in Tunisia (political conflict and non safe environment) we decided to move and live in UK .So in March she will go back to her family in UK and she will get back her previous job position .So we are thinking that once she start working after 2 or 3 weeks i will submitt my EEA Family Permit application,But i am worrying mybe they will use the fact that she have short work period before the application then they may refuse my application!!But i am thinking she already been working in UK for 5 years in the UK with the same employer and she just been out of uk Only 8 months,somybe it is possible that they will not focus about that subject.I am kind of confused sir/madam and thats why i need your advices.What do you think we should do?shall we wait that she work for 2 or more months and then i apply?or it doesn't matter i can apply as soon as she get back to her job?.
My second question is that my wife and her mother decided to move to another home which have 3 bedrooms,salon,Spam,WC... but the agency said that it must be 2 person who sign up the rent contract,so i want to know if that can make any problem for my application cause you know my wife will be my sponsor so when she provide a rent contract with her name and mother name as well..Do you think we should avoid that?cause there is not other possibilties ..

My last question is : How many times can a non EEA citizen apply for the EEA Family Permit?is there a limit or no?

Hopefully i am not asking a lot,cause i really want to make sure that my application will be succesful and no need to go through stressy days .

Best Regards
M.Firas

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 pm

It would be better if you apply while your wife is still in Tunisia and is available to visit the consulate (if required).

There is no need for her to work in the UK first before you apply. You should be able to travel with her when she returns to the UK.

There is no requirement to provide any information on accommodation or to provide the tenancy agreement.

There is no limit of the number of times you apply for EEA Family Permit.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family Permit for Tunisian citizen

Post by ukforever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

firas1990 wrote:am Firas Mighri and i am Tunisian citizen aaged 22 years old.I married a lithuanian citizen who have been living and working in UK for 5 years. We married in 11 May 2012 and in since 20 June 2012 she is living with me here in Tunisia(almost 9 months).Due the situation in Tunisia (political conflict and non safe environment) we decided to move and live in UK .So in March she will go back to her family in UK and she will get back her previous job position .So we are thinking that once she start working after 2 or 3 weeks i will submitt my EEA Family Permit application,But i am worrying mybe they will use the fact that she have short work period before the application then they may refuse my application!!But i am thinking she already been working in UK for 5 years in the UK with the same employer and she just been out of uk Only 8 months,somybe it is possible that they will not focus about that subject.I am kind of confused sir/madam and thats why i need your advices.What do you think we should do?shall we wait that she work for 2 or more months and then i apply?or it doesn't matter i can apply as soon as she get back to her job?.
My second question is that my wife and her mother decided to move to another home which have 3 bedrooms,salon,Spam,WC... but the agency said that it must be 2 person who sign up the rent contract,so i want to know if that can make any problem for my application cause you know my wife will be my sponsor so when she provide a rent contract with her name and mother name as well..Do you think we should avoid that?cause there is not other possibilties ..

My last question is : How many times can a non EEA citizen apply for the EEA Family Permit?is there a limit or no?

Hopefully i am not asking a lot,cause i really want to make sure that my application will be succesful and no need to go through stressy days .

Best Regards
M.Firas
hi firas,
u don't need to worry about it at all,your wife been living and working in the uk for the past 5 years,and now she lived with u in tunisia for 8 months as u told us.

u can apply tomorrow if u want,don't need to show them anything really,just your passports and a marriage certificate,and maybe when u apply u need just to mention in the application that your wife has been living and working in the uk for 5 years and with the same employer like u said,it should be ok then.

u can apply for as many times as u want for the family permit,also,u won't need to,actually as when u get to the uk with the family permit,u can apply next day for the 5 year residence card straight away,u need just to wait up to 6 month for it to be issued and then all would be good.

As jumbo mentioned,its better for u to apply with your wife there with u in tunisia,not necessary but better,u need to mention in the application that u will be traveling with her and it could take less time than if usually u apply alone.

no need for u to show any secured accommodation,or tenancy agreement ,what u need really is just your passports and marriage certificate..that's it.
UK------++++-------****

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 am

Thank you very much guys ,i apreciate your help :) as my wife booked her plane ticket in 5 March there will be no time for me to apply in order to go with her ,then we will apply once she back there . hopefully that things will goes well for us.In all cases Let me thank you again for your assistance .
have a nice day UKForever & Jumbo x

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 am

You can still get it before she leaves. 90% of EEA family permit are issued within one week in Rabbat. Even if you wish to travel in a later date, you can still get it and then travel later.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am

Oh really? Thats a great news Jumbo ..then i will prepare the required documents and i will apply soon.I have one more question;I read in the guide of the supporting documents that they are asking some information about my current employment(a letter from my employer on company headed paper..) as i m for the main time jobless ,i wonder if they will focus about this point!?
In all cases i am thinking to provide the following documents:

Marriage certeficate
a certified copy of my wife passport
Bank statement of the previous 6 months
mybe one or two payslips when she start again her work(To show thats she is doing her treaty rights in UK)
as well she suggested to provide her recent tax calculation to show that her tax is well paid and so..
mybe a rent contract
a copy of her national insurance card number
a letter of sponsorship
Some pictures of our wedding and other times to show that we truly been living togeather .
and a tunisian residence card showing that she have the right to come to tunisia whenever she want(Valid till October 2014).
And i am thinking to provide a B3 certeficate( it is delivered from police station and it shows my circumstance and to comfirm that i have no criminal acitivity or so..i mean clean person)
and mybe as well a copy of my studies degree(A-level) .

I know mybe i am giving more documents then they require but i am thinking mybe with those documents i will have 99.99 % that my application will be accepted .

here is a link for the required documents for an EEA Family Permit :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf

What do you think brother?will that work or i better make it simple as you mentioned before?
Thank you again for your kind help Jumbo and excuse me if i am making a lot of spelling or grammer mistakes cause my english still not that good :oops:

Kind Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

firas1990 wrote:;I read in the guide of the supporting documents that they are asking some information about my current employment(a letter from my employer on company headed paper..) as i m for the main time jobless ,i wonder if they will focus about this point!?
Your employment is not relevant. You can ignore this section. I suggest you read EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - EEA Family Permit.

Required:
In all cases i am thinking to provide the following documents:

Marriage certeficate
a certified copy of my wife passport
a letter of sponsorship
Might be required (to show this is a genuine relationship):
Some pictures of our wedding and other times to show that we truly been living togeather .
and a tunisian residence card showing that she have the right to come to tunisia whenever she want(Valid till October 2014).
Not required:
Bank statement of the previous 6 months
mybe one or two payslips when she start again her work(To show thats she is doing her treaty rights in UK)
as well she suggested to provide her recent tax calculation to show that her tax is well paid and so..
mybe a rent contract
a copy of her national insurance card number
And i am thinking to provide a B3 certeficate( it is delivered from police station and it shows my circumstance and to comfirm that i have no criminal acitivity or so..i mean clean person)
and mybe as well a copy of my studies degree(A-level) .
I know mybe i am giving more documents then they require but i am thinking mybe with those documents i will have 99.99 % that my application will be accepted .

here is a link for the required documents for an EEA Family Permit :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf

What do you think brother?will that work or i better make it simple as you mentioned before?
I suggest you make the application simple. Don't submit extra documents which you think will make your case stronger. In some cases, they back fire and the ECO uses them as a reason for refusal (for example you provide photos of the wedding and get refused because the photos only include your family side but not hers...).
If you apply next week, she can state in the letter that she wishes you to travel together (so that will highlight the urgency of the application) and that she is available for an interview (if needed) until her departure date (in case they suspect your relationship).

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 am

Many Thanks brother i will apply with your precious advices.regard the marriage pictures,her mother and sister was in our wedding so we have many pictures togeather my family(mother,sis and bro) with her family (her sister and mother) .so i can submit some to proove that the marriage is genuine ?in this case do you think it will work? :)
I am gonna take a look in the link you shared bellow .

Thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:05 am

I can't promise anything...

The fact that you are young might be against you. However, the fact that your wife lives with you for the past 9 months can show that this is a genuine relationship so I suggest she mention that in her letter.

I encourage you to apply while she is still in country so you can sort all kind of questions with regards to your relationship (that is most likely could be the reason for refusal).

She doesn't need to prove she has been exercising treaty rights in the UK as she has been out of the UK for more than 6 months so I would not provide evidence of that (unless she has a Permanent Residence card).

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 am

She is the same age as me brother :) and i think this can be an adventage .and about the residence permenant card,i think she don t have it,but she have a work permit,a national insurance number and other documents.. so i think i will try to make simple and quick and we will see what decision the ECOs Officier will take .

Thank you again dear Jumbo

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Jambo wrote:You can still get it before she leaves. 90% of EEA family permit are issued within one week in Rabbat. Even if you wish to travel in a later date, you can still get it and then travel later.
the original poster is from tunisia,not rebat(morroco).. :)
UK------++++-------****

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 pm

ukforever wrote: the original poster is from tunisia,not rebat(morroco).. :)
:oops:

Well, it doesn't change the picture much. According to the visa processing data, in January 2013, 4 EEA applications have been made in Tunis - 2 got issued within 3 days and the other 2 within 10 days.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Hey guys,i would like to know something about the supporting documents which are required for my EEA Family Permit . i mean here the copy of my wife's passport .is it should be certified or just normal copy? if certified(legalised) where this should be done?

Many thanks

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

firas1990 wrote:Hey guys,i would like to know something about the supporting documents which are required for my EEA Family Permit . i mean here the copy of my wife's passport .is it should be certified or just normal copy? if certified(legalised) where this should be done?

Many thanks
It should be certified, it can be done by the embassy of her country or lawyers.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:54 pm

If she is still in your country, just bring the original to the consulate and ask them to make a copy.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 pm

yeah she is still with me,but the problem is that there is no lithuanian embassy in Tunisia ..what should i do brother?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

firas1990 wrote:yeah she is still with me,but the problem is that there is no lithuanian embassy in Tunisia ..what should i do brother?
Jambo meant your spouse should take her passport to the British embassy for them to make a copy.

I do not think it's possible she won't likely get pass the gate without without an appointment.

She can have it certified from Lithuania by a lawyer accompanied with a cover letter it should be accepted.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 pm

firas1990 wrote:yeah she is still with me,but the problem is that there is no lithuanian embassy in Tunisia ..what should i do brother?
I meant that if she is in country when you have an appointment for the visa, just bring the original with you and ask the British consulate to photocopy it and return the original to you.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
As part of your application, you will need to visit our visa application centre in Tunis.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Thanks guys :) we will contact the british embassy and try to get an appointment . now it seems the only problem will be just the copy of passport .

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am

Good morning,i tryed many times to contact the british embassy via phone calls or even e-mails but still no one answering .i'am thinking that my wife can certefy her passport copy once she back to uk,i read in some other forums that it is possible that she certefy it in a public notary or even in her local post office.i think that can be useful cause the ECO's officers want to get an endorsement showing that the passport is genuine ,so i think they won t be againt if they receive a certefied copy of her passport froma post office or notary in England.What do you think brothers?

Regards

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

Hi,
I contacted worldbridge advisors (related to the UKBA) regard the endorsment of my wife passport . they said :

*The British Embassy does not provide an endorsement service.

*You can either submit your EEA spouse's original passport with your application or you can provide a certified copy of your EEA spouse's passport that can be certified by a lawyer or a solicitor.

So my question is : is it okay that the endorsement of my wife passport will be made by a lawyer or solicitor in UK not in Tunisia? i think this will be muh better ,what do you think dear jumbo? and i heared that it is possible to certify passports copies in some of the post offices in UK is that will be okay ?

regards

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm

I would opt for a UK lawyer if I were you

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Thats what i am gonna do brother ,i am thinking this should be the best way to show that the passport os genuine .

regards

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

firas1990 wrote:Hi,
I contacted worldbridge advisors (related to the UKBA) regard the endorsment of my wife passport . they said :

*The British Embassy does not provide an endorsement service.

*You can either submit your EEA spouse's original passport with your application or you can provide a certified copy of your EEA spouse's passport that can be certified by a lawyer or a solicitor.

So my question is : is it okay that the endorsement of my wife passport will be made by a lawyer or solicitor in UK not in Tunisia? i think this will be muh better ,what do you think dear jumbo? and i heared that it is possible to certify passports copies in some of the post offices in UK is that will be okay ?

regards
why don't you ask your wife to go to the lithuanian embassy in tunisia,and there she can certify her passport,because this way you can prove that your wife's passport is genuine,the copy is genuine and that she was really in tunisa and living with you ..because i can tell u that some people in this forum got refused because the british embassy didn't believe that the eu citizen is/was living in the 3rd country,even though the couple supplied proofs but they tend to refuse just deliberately and making excuses.

so make sure u do it this way better than a lawyer,don't believe everything worldbridge says,they are just contractors,and they do generaly don't get involved,im surprised that they advised u,nevertheless,don't listen to them,they just want to mislead u,actually in the regulation it asks for the copy certified from where u want to move to witch is the uk,so u can either wait for your wife to be in london then she need to go to her embassy get a certified copy and send it to u,otherwise the copy from her embassy in tunis will do the job too,so u will save time.
UK------++++-------****