ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 am

Friends, anyone applied in last September got their ILR? Am waiting..
Thanks
N

AMH

Post by AMH » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Nothing yet!!
I've applied on 11Sep2012!
newbie.scott wrote:Friends, anyone applied in last September got their ILR? Am waiting..
Thanks
N
7A8M6H

k_alibaba

DL application for Naturalization

Post by k_alibaba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,
my daughter is on DL and living in UK for nearly 7 years and she is 8 yrs old now.
once i got my ILR will she be able to apply for naturalizaion on the basis of 7 years cos i know she cant apply for FLR/m as a matter of fact, she cant switch from DL to dependent visa.

Does anyone have an idea about the possiblity of 7 years continuous residence of a child or is there any other better alternative other than applying for another DL for 3 years and then ILR
??
guide please.. cos one of the solicitor on other forum did said to me that my daughter can apply for Naturalization and its a DL application ...
help please !

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:19 pm

AMH wrote:Nothing yet!!
newbie.scott wrote:Friends, anyone applied in last September got their ILR? Am waiting..
Thanks
N
========
still waiting.. applied on 3/9/12 and boimatrics done on 5/11/12

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Dear @AMH,@k_alibaba

I think July applications are processing now, and occasionally August applications.
So hopefully by end of next month, they may start September applications, or if we are lucky we may get sooner..

All the best friends..
N

k_alibaba wrote:
AMH wrote:Nothing yet!!
Thanks
N
========
still waiting.. applied on 3/9/12 and boimatrics done on 5/11/12

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Re: August Applicant

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damanisshallo wrote:
TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Hi All

I am in fairly similar situation as essentialSalt. My life is on hold. I did and do have a few job offers (waited for over 6 months) but I can't start due to the UKBA waiting time. I am finishing off my phd and trying to start a part time job (they wanted full time, but I can't for WORK 20hr max reason).

My part time job is in university, they said that they need to photocopy my passport by law.
Follow this post

downlights

Post by downlights » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am

what options are available for expediting the application when waiting more than 6 months?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 am

downlights wrote:what options are available for expediting the application when waiting more than 6 months?
Involving your local MP might escalate your case.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 am

Hello everybody
Need to be refresh few thing please
My Q is,
1- Currently my wife got PSW dependent visa valid until 30th July 2014, she came very fist time in March 2006 as on student dependent and she is in UK with dependent visa except for short holidays back home,
Do i need a income threshold (pounds 18600 )?

2- After her FLR(M) approval, when she can apply for ILR , (Immediate or need to be wait for how long ) ?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 am

nadeem toheed wrote:Hello everybody
My Q is,
1- Currently my wife got PSW dependent visa valid until 30th July 2014, she came very fist time in March 2006 as on student dependent and she is in UK with dependent visa except for short holidays back home,

No

2- After her FLR(M) approval, when she can apply for ILR , (Immediate or need to be wait for how long ) ?

Immediately as long as she meets all other requirements. However, If you can manage to attend at PEO, you should be able to do it on the same day (Both Forms). Read this Case Study
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:Hello everybody
My Q is,

No

Immediately as long as she meets all other requirements. However, If you can manage to attend at PEO, you should be able to do it on the same day (Both Forms). Read this Case Study
THANKS

inzi2k

Its been Long time since we heard any good news

Post by inzi2k » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Its been Long time since we heard any good news

In last 10 days only One person Sinan has received ILR.

Please update any other good news if anyone receives ILR

inzi2k

Earning requirements for spouse

Post by inzi2k » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi,

I will be thankful if someone can give me guidance on my wife's visa.

I applied ILR in August 2012 on 10 years long residence and expecting to get it soon. Once I will get ILR I will then need to apply visa for my wife on FLR M form,

She came to UK in Feb 2012 as my dependent for the first time and has visa till Oct 2013.

Will I have to prove income of £18,600 to get her visa or this rule only apply to those who came to UK after 8 July 2012 ?

Can anyone confirm please !!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Earning requirements for spouse

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm

inzi2k wrote:Hi,

I will be thankful if someone can give me guidance on my wife's visa.

I applied ILR in August 2012 on 10 years long residence and expecting to get it soon. Once I will get ILR I will then need to apply visa for my wife on FLR M form,

She came to UK in Feb 2012 as my dependent for the first time and has visa till Oct 2013.

Will I have to prove income of £18,600 to get her visa or this rule only apply to those who came to UK after 8 July 2012 ?

Can anyone confirm please !!
No, She comes under old rules.
Skydrives, Templates

adkh2_1

Re: Its been Long time since we heard any good news

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 pm

inzi2k wrote:Its been Long time since we heard any good news

In last 10 days only One person Sinan has received ILR.

Please update any other good news if anyone receives ILR

Inzi bhai pray for me ... i will give you good news soon... as i applied in sep
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Brother I applied on 1st August...........Still waiting

Inzi bhai pray for me ... i will give you good news soon... as i applied in sep[/quote]

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

[quote="inzi2k"]Brother I applied on 1st August...........Still waiting

Inzi bhai pray for me ... i will give you good news soon... as i applied in sep.

good luck to both of us den brother
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

k_alibaba

Re: DL application for Naturalization

Post by k_alibaba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

did someone have any info regarding my previous post??
----------------------------------------------------------------
k_alibaba wrote:Hi,
my daughter is on DL and living in UK for nearly 7 years and she is 8 yrs old now.
once i got my ILR will she be able to apply for naturalizaion on the basis of 7 years cos i know she cant apply for FLR/m as a matter of fact, she cant switch from DL to dependent visa.

Does anyone have an idea about the possiblity of 7 years continuous residence of a child or is there any other better alternative other than applying for another DL for 3 years and then ILR
??
guide please.. cos one of the solicitor on other forum did said to me that my daughter can apply for Naturalization and its a DL application ...
help please !

smshad

Another joke by disgraced UKBA

Post by smshad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 pm

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Another joke by disgraced UKBA

Post by saanju9 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 pm

what the hell is that for... for the s*** hole service????...
tax payer is probably gaining in this case because an application process is said to be costing only 1/2 of what we pay (not that i am tax payer)

hell with it

saanju

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: In case ILR reject on basis of ten rules

Post by Hwima » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:52 am

Graceofgod wrote:
Hwima wrote:
Graceofgod wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:can someone extend leave to remain after getting decision of ILR application. Your advice will be appreciate
yes, one can extend the leave to remain provided he/she qualifies under the category they wish to apply at the time of application and application should be made within 28 days of refusal.
Hi Graceofgod

Does that mean if a application is refused before you complete 10 yrs you will not have a break/gap if you re-applied within 28 days of a refusal notice or notice of an invalid application due to fees, wrong form etc?
No, this 28 days provision does not apply to 10 years ILR as you probably know UK immigration rules have lots of grey areas. UKBA uses discretion for a single gap upto 10days. Normally UKBA stipulate a timeframe to send missing details or valid application form and if you comply with that time frame then it should be ok.
Hi

It looked like I would almost have at least one sleepless night, the first in 7 months but never mind. Not entirely sure of 2-3 weeks in 2009 so will have to wait for the outcome on the case to put the issue to sleep. Thanks

Savali
Newly Registered

Fee increase such a piss-take!

Post by Savali » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am

Hello fellow denizens of this limbo we call waiting-on-ukba-to-pull-a-finger-out! First, my grist to the mill:

App sent: 8/8/2012
Monies out: 12/8/2012
Ack received: 14/8/2012
Bio invite: 7/11/2012
Bio done: 12/11/2012
ILR received: pending

Could someone do the Skydrive honors please?

So I see UKBA need to increase visa fees to 'maintain the world-class service' we are all currently receiving! They can bend us but we won't break people! I'm not happy with it, but after waiting 10yrs, another 7/8 months won't be the death of me...#overabarrel

PS: By my calculations us early Aug apps ae looking at mid to late March at the earliest...

butwhy
Newly Registered

Post by butwhy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 pm

just need your thoughts:
has anybody tried to visit PEO appointment for their ILR (10), I have applied for my ILR by post on Sept 03 and still waiting and my wife is my dependent on PSW and her 10 years is going to be completed in April 06, 2013, anyone thinks its worth trying and request them to accept application over the counter. is there any chance of loosing money in case they do not accept application for consideration and take payments too.

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 pm

butwhy wrote:just need your thoughts:
has anybody tried to visit PEO appointment for their ILR (10), I have applied for my ILR by post on Sept 03 and still waiting and my wife is my dependent on PSW and her 10 years is going to be completed in April 06, 2013, anyone thinks its worth trying and request them to accept application over the counter. is there any chance of loosing money in case they do not accept application for consideration and take payments too.
with 10 years app. you can't apply ILR on counter it have to be by post. dont worry i applied on 3/9/12 and still waiting .. you're not all alone.

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I am fascinated that there are five people on the spreadsheet waiting for over 50 weeks - you folks must have contacted you MPs right ? or better still contact BBC Watchdog.

A few months ago I saw an advert in the Civil Services Portal for 50 caseworkers in UKBA Liverpool. They'd better have been recruited by now.