ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI, British Citizenship and Travel Questions

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

junkie_s
Newly Registered

OCI, British Citizenship and Travel Questions

Post by junkie_s » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am

Hello

I am looking for some advice please

I accepted British nationality by naturalisation on the 9th of Jan 2013.

I Applied for a British passport after a week, and have now received one.

I have a couple of questions

1) I am aware of a 90 day grace period to travel on the Indian passport but while my OCI application is under process, can I travel to Europe on my British passport; will that incur any fine ?

2) Regarding OCI : The OCI section on the HCI London website is pretty confusing. I tried contacting the HCI but their phone is always busy or keeps ringing without any answer. Can somebody please tell the steps I need to follow
I have gone to the Online OCI registration page https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jss , filled in Part A of the form, and printed off Part A & B of the form

What should I do next ?

When I try the status checker I get a message saying "This case is not yet acknowledged by Mission"

Do I need to wait till my details appear fine / acknowledged on the website checker, or should I take all the documents with the form and queue up outside HCI London from 12:00?

The HCI Website mentions the fee amounts but does not say how it can be paid when applying in person.. Can I pay by debit / credit card or do I need to take a Postal order or cash ?

Your help/comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

J

junkie_s
Newly Registered

Post by junkie_s » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 am

Going through the posts on this site; I realised that I may have missed the most crucial step of the OCI process; A passport surrender certificate..

Shall read up more on this

In the meanwhile any help greatly appreciated

ban.s

Re: OCI, British Citizenship and Travel Questions

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 am

junkie_s wrote: 1) I am aware of a 90 day grace period to travel on the Indian passport but while my OCI application is under process, can I travel to Europe on my British passport; will that incur any fine ?
You are free to use your british passport for travel anywhere anytime.

junkie_s
Newly Registered

Re: OCI, British Citizenship and Travel Questions

Post by junkie_s » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Thankyou Ban.s
ban.s wrote:
junkie_s wrote: 1) I am aware of a 90 day grace period to travel on the Indian passport but while my OCI application is under process, can I travel to Europe on my British passport; will that incur any fine ?
You are free to use your british passport for travel anywhere anytime.

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:11 am

>>Can I pay by debit / credit card or do I need to take a Postal order or cash

Only cash or postal order accepted at HCI London