ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Padi123

Post by Padi123 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:35 pm

Jambo wrote:This has nothing to do with you being EU nationals. Children born abroad would normally not be granted BC unless their parents apply with them.

It is possible to apply but the application is at discretion and you need a very good reasoning why the child best interest is to become British.

As for your application, it is quite simple. As you have a PR confirmation already, you need your passport, life in the UK test proof. As EEA nationals passport are not stamped, you might need to bring proof you have been living in the UK for 5 years (for example school letter). If the HO feel some data is missing, they will not refuse the application and will write to you. Most refusal are because people don't meet the residence requirement or that their character is not good enough.

I suggest your use NCS to go over the form before submitting.
Thanks Jambo.

Padi123

Post by Padi123 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how do I pay for my British Naturalisation? Do I just insert my credit card information on the FEE SLIP and they will charge the money themselves? If they charge the money themselves from the credit card then in some online stores it requires to additionally authenticate the card: "MasterCard SecureCode is a service to enhance your existing MasterCard account. A private code means added protection against unauthorized use of your card when you shop at participating online retailers." Do I have to provide that code as well and where do I write this?

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Padi123 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please tell me how do I pay for my British Naturalisation? Do I just insert my credit card information on the FEE SLIP and they will charge the money themselves? If they charge the money themselves from the credit card then in some online stores it requires to additionally authenticate the card: "MasterCard SecureCode is a service to enhance your existing MasterCard account. A private code means added protection against unauthorized use of your card when you shop at participating online retailers." Do I have to provide that code as well and where do I write this?
Just fill out the fee slip and inform the bank about the transaction. As long as your Bank doesn't block it, likelihood is that the payment should go through.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Padi123

Post by Padi123 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Padi123 wrote:Hi,

Just fill out the fee slip and inform the bank about the transaction. As long as your Bank doesn't block it, likelihood is that the payment should go through.
Okey thanks. Will go tomorrow.

Padi123

Post by Padi123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Finally! Today I received all my documents and confirmation letter saying that my application was accepted. I will receive a certificate within two weeks.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Padi123 wrote:Finally! Today I received all my documents and confirmation letter saying that my application was accepted.
Congratulations, welcome aboard!