ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi guys i applied in 10th July 2012 and still not heard any thing despite sending letter from my MP...

Any one from July applicants still waiting.
Last edited by cheekyvirgin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 pm

lambu1 wrote:
A few months ago I saw an advert in the Civil Services Portal for 50 caseworkers in UKBA Liverpool. They'd better have been recruited by now.
Probably that's why I had received my Biometric invitation letter in two weeks !!!! :D Hopefully received my ILR very soon as well. :)

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi,
Same here. Applied 22nd of July and nothing.
Called them 2 weeks ago and they said status incomplete and to just wait.

I think we just have to wait as I don't think there is anything we can do.
For what I read in several posts not even contacting your MP makes a difference.

Unikid
Newly Registered

waiting for near 8 months

Post by Unikid » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:16 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Hi guys i applied in 10th July 2012 and still not heard any thing despite sending letter from my MP...

Hi, I help my friend to submit his application on the last day of June, 2012 and until today, we heard no decision. Other friend, a lady, submitted on 15/08/2012 also heard nothing until now.

k77

ILR 10 years

Post by k77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi Guys,

All those who are waiting for a long time on their application to be decided, they can make a complain to UKBA. At least they will take note of your complaints.

If you do not say anything then obviously they will think their customers are happy and satisfied.

Pls pls make a complaint if you are waiting for a long time. Do not suffer in silence.After all they(UKBA) have provided the complaint procedure itself.

andie_83

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by andie_83 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi,

Yah, I think it is time to make some noise.
I have called and written an email explaining how damaging is for myself to don't have my passport back.

I will now complain + write a letter to their office in liverpool.
My biggest concern is that they might lose my documents. I have heard of people which passports have been lost bu HO... HO will simply keep quite until being pushed. So I really hope the delay is just a matter of them being overwhelmed rather than a bunch of documents being misplaced.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:15 am

UKBA wrote:We believe our proposals to increase fees strike the right balance between ensuring the UK Border Agency continues to provide a world class service
What for do they use the word World Class Service??
According to beldingskills.com wrote:World-Class Customer Service, as we define it, is the process of consistently communicating to every customer - whether it is an internal customer or external customer - that they are valued, and that their satisfaction is paramount to your organization.

Achieving World-Class Customer Service requires strong service leadership, skilled management, effective teamwork, and skilled, caring and motivated people on the front line. Customer service representatives need to be supported by customer-centric processes and standards which are championed by effective management and strong leadership.
Is UKBA anywhere close to this definition?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ali-80
Newly Registered

i

Post by ali-80 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 am

cheekyvirgin wrote:Hi guys i applied in 10th July 2012 and still not heard any thing despite sending letter from my MP...

im july applicat and im still waiting.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR basis of 10 years again bio metric

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

Hi everyone I have applied on 25 OCT 2012, bio metric done on 15 Dec , letter came on 10th January 13 bio metric section 10 not singed , HO provide special envelope, my solicitor print whole new form due to form was change during application, and send them new form include section 10 bio metric section too. Now letter came again give us bio metric letter dated 19th of Feb, Visa Tier 1 going to runout mid of March , so stress level quite high. Solicitor advice me you can put application Tier 1 for extension side by side ILR under process.

twice bio metric , twice money , ILR fee, Tier 1 extension fee, solicitor fee, Fees going up toooooooooooooo

Working really heard to meet all expenses what can do else.

Any advice and experience please share

Best wishes for everyone

Regards
Amjad

dreamfriend

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by dreamfriend » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 am

k77 wrote:Hi Guys,

All those who are waiting for a long time on their application to be decided, they can make a complain to UKBA. At least they will take note of your complaints.

If you do not say anything then obviously they will think their customers are happy and satisfied.

Pls pls make a complaint if you are waiting for a long time. Do not suffer in silence.After all they(UKBA) have provided the complaint procedure itself.
I personally agree with you. Who have passed over six months please complain to UKBA, help your self and It will helps others as well. Do it in writing, don't keep silent and suffer. It does not effect on your application.

TheDefib
Newly Registered

Re: ILR basis of 10 years again bio metric

Post by TheDefib » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone I have applied on 25 OCT 2012, bio metric done on 15 Dec , letter came on 10th January 13 bio metric section 10 not singed , HO provide special envelope, my solicitor print whole new form due to form was change during application, and send them new form include section 10 bio metric section too. Now letter came again give us bio metric letter dated 19th of Feb, Visa Tier 1 going to runout mid of March , so stress level quite high. Solicitor advice me you can put application Tier 1 for extension side by side ILR under process.

twice bio metric , twice money , ILR fee, Tier 1 extension fee, solicitor fee, Fees going up toooooooooooooo

Working really heard to meet all expenses what can do else.

Any advice and experience please share

Best wishes for everyone

Regards
Amjad

Why do you want to apply for extension of tier 1? You will still be under the terms of last leave to remain as you have made an in-time application. There is no real guarantee you will get extension approved before ILR. Save your money and effort. In other words, don't worry if your visa runs out while your application is being processed, it won't be held against you. You need to keep a record of all your timeline and all the correspondence from the UKBA for future reference

k77

Post by k77 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 am

Hi amjadleeds,

If your current visa is not expired which you say is not and you have applied then you do not need to extend your visa .

As a general rule your previous status will remain intact untill they decide your application.

This time around , you should have thoroughly checked your application and photocopied each page of your application for reference.

However what is done is done now, you should wait for the decision.

Note: This advice is based on personal observation and experience and not a substitute to professional advice.

Degore2020
Newly Registered

PLEASE GUYS LET SEND A COMPLAIN LETTER

Post by Degore2020 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 am

PLEASE LET SEND A COMPLAIN LETTER I MEAN JUNE, JULY, AUGUST AND EVEN SEPTEMBER APPLICANT, DON'T LET THEM THAT US FOR GRANTED... I SENT MINE ON MONDAY.

WILL UKBA GIVE THIS SERVICE TO BRITISH NATIONALS OR ANY COUNTRY IN WORLD GIVE SUCH SERVICE TO BRITISH NATIONAL, WE PAID ALMOST 1000QUID GUYS

CHEERS

let_koko

UPDATE

Post by let_koko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Guy

What i have done, in the last 2 weeks
I sent 2 letters to their Liverpool address (2 different address) on the same date and email, for them to expedite my application and also send a copy of the letter to my MP to also write them and for case to be expedited.

I wasn't gonna call the HO this morning, but i was a bit free at work and decided to give them a call. The lady that picked up said a letter has been sent out to me yesterday 26 Feb, i asked if a decision has been made, she said, she couldn't disclose that, i also ask for the content of the letter, she refused to.

My questions
How long does it take for their letters to arrive ? any clue
What could it be ?
Am so nervous

Whatever the content is, I'll definitely share it with you guys.
Thanks

adkh2_1

Re: UPDATE

Post by adkh2_1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm

let_koko wrote:Guy

I sent 2 letters to their Liverpool address (2 different address) on the same date and email, for them to expedite my application and also send a copy of the letter to my MP to also write them and for case to be expedited.

I wasn't gonna call the HO this morning, but i was a bit free at work and decided to give them a call. The lady that picked up said a letter has been sent out to me yesterday 26 Feb, i asked if a decision has been made, she said, she couldn't disclose that, i also ask for the content of the letter, she refused to.

My questions

What could it be ?
Am so nervous

Thanks

i think it will be your ILR approval letter hopefully... btw when did you apply ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 pm

I really hope so
I applied Ιη August 6 2012
adkh2_1 wrote:
think it will be your ILR approval letter hopefully... btw when did you apply ?

mhossan1
Newly Registered

Post by mhossan1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:

My questions

What could it be ?
Am so nervous

Thanks

i think it will be your ILR approval letter hopefully... btw when did you apply ?
hi all
just to give my update

on 19th feb, my MP requested to expedite my application. on 21st feb i also sent a recorded letter to settlement casework team, liverpool with proof for expediting my application. (i didnt have any other email or address to send it to)
today when i phoned to enquire abt my app, the lady asked when i recieved the last letter. i replied i havnt recieved any letter. then she asked me to wait. after a minute she just told me there was no letter issued and to wait until i hear from them.

by the way on 20th feb, my mp got reply from CEO of ukba that they are looking into my case.

will update u guys if i hear anything.
thanks

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:

My questions

What could it be ?
Am so nervous

Thanks

@let_koko

Which address in Liverpool did you send your queries?
Can i have that address please?
thanks

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi, if you could please share the two addresses where you sent your complaint letter it would be great.

I am a July applicant and will send the letters as you did.

Thanks,
Andie

My questions
What could it be ?
Am so nervous

Thanks

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

bio metric letter under heading our reference ?

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi everyone

I have question those who received bio metric letter is there any reference under heading our reference , because in my case on my first bio metric letter there was no reference there, second time bio metric letter have reference, but it is same reference when last leave was authorize and it is carry on last three leaves. from previous experience when ever i get letter that your case have been accepted and you will get resident permit , this reference there.

Any body have any experience or share on your bio metric letter under our reference showing any reference there .

Your view and experience sharing will be great.

Regards
Amjad leeds

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:18 pm

UK Border Agency
Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

[quote="andie_83"]Hi, if you could please share the two addresses where you sent your complaint letter it would be great.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

bio metric letter under heading our reference ?

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi everyone

I have question those who received bio metric letter is there any reference under heading our reference , because in my case on my first bio metric letter there was no reference there, second time bio metric letter have reference, but it is same reference when last leave was authorize and it is carry on last three leaves. from previous experience when ever i get letter that your case have been accepted and you will get resident permit , this reference there.

Any body have any experience or share on your bio metric letter under our reference showing any reference there .

Your view and experience sharing will be great.

Regards
Amjad leeds

mhossan1
Newly Registered

Post by mhossan1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:38 pm

let_koko wrote:UK Border Agency
Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

andie_83 wrote:Hi, if you could please share the two addresses where you sent your complaint letter it would be great.
on 20th feb, when i called home office number to get the address for expediting my application, the lady gave me the following address;

Settlement casework team
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwoo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 pm

It has been very exhausting waiting and I am still waiting...wondering if there is a number I can call or should I bother? (as they will only ask you to wait?)

It has been 8 months!!!

My key dates as follow:
App sent: 14/6/2012
Ack received: 18/6/2012
Bio invite: 21/08/2012
Bio done: 22/08/2012
Change of address: 19/11/2012
ILR received: pending

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

kevinwoo wrote:It has been very exhausting waiting and I am still waiting...wondering if there is a number I can call or should I bother? (as they will only ask you to wait?)

It has been 8 months!!!

My key dates as follow:
App sent: 14/6/2012
Ack received: 18/6/2012
Bio invite: 21/08/2012
Bio done: 22/08/2012
Change of address: 19/11/2012
ILR received: pending
I was feeling quite down this morning until I saw your post. Now I'm devastated by the thought of another month (to get to your timeline) of checking the post everyday. Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!