ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport returned with No Stamp/Endorsement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nemo
Newly Registered

Passport returned with No Stamp/Endorsement

Post by nemo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:31 pm

I wonder if someone can help.

Few weeks back,my parents applied for EU1 application. During an email exchange with eutreaty section i was told that if i (EEA citizen) need passport back ASAP i should attach a note in the application.

So i did just that, put a note in the application asking if my (EEA) citizen passport can be returned ASAP(after initial checks).

Two weeks down the line... no response, so i contacted the INIS Eutreaty to ask for just my passport as i need to travel urgently for business purposes. I got a email back saying that "all passports will be returned by registered post tomorrow"

I emailed straight away saying i only need EEA passport back, and only return Non-EEA passport if they are already endorsed/Stamped. - No response to my email , however true to the word all the passports (including non-EEA)were returned.

Neither passports had any stamps to confirm Endorsement of any sorts.
However there was a letter to say - "passports are returned as EEA citizen needs to travel. Please note it is not necessary to resubmit these as they have been copied and copies are help on file. Your application will be processed in due course....."

Is this normal? Shouldn't the passport be endorsed with Stamp 3 or Stamp 4? or do i need to take the letter to Garda for stamping.

Please advise...

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 pm

You shall soon receive a letter requesting your family member to go to the local immigration for your temporary stamp 4, I do not think it's an issue. There are some members who have gone through this process I hope they will advise you further when they see your thread.

nemo
Newly Registered

Thanks for the quick response

Post by nemo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Frei

Yes, I saw few post discussing the above back in 2009, but couldn't find any new post on this topic, so wasn't sure what is the current practice.

Will wait for others to share there experience/suggestions.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 pm

You should also know that the INIS do not issue stamps, they issue decision and in the case of a successful application, they will ask them to go to their local GNIB for registration and stamps. So I wouldn't worry much in any case they will still have to take their passports to the GNIB for both stamps to be placed in their passports.
Last edited by frei on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 am

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:45 am

Agreed, I wouldn't worry. They wouldn't have endorsed anything on your passport anyway. They should send you a letter soon to tall you to go to the GNIB office who will do that and issue the GNIB card.

If it has been more than a month since they received your application it is starting to be a bit long, but less than that I wouldn't have any concern.

nemo
Newly Registered

Thanks all

Post by nemo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

Yes, thank you both i got a similar response from EUTR, saying you will get a letter with instruction once the application is reviewed next week.

thanks again.