ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Citizen moving with UK Citizen to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cariad
Newly Registered

US Citizen moving with UK Citizen to Ireland

Post by Cariad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 am

I know this probably has been asked before, but I've searched exhaustively for an answer and am still confused.

I'm a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen. We want to move to Ireland together using the EEA route. We currently reside in the US.

What are the exact steps to obtain a Stamp 4 EUFAM? Can we travel together and then I apply for it when I'm there? Can I get it instantly by going to the Garda office or do I have to fill out an EA1 form? Can I work right away or do I have to wait 6 months?

I've read a lot of contradictory information and am totally confused!

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 am

Buy your ticket, fly to Ireland with your spouse, when you arrive in Ireland you have up to 3 months in which you and your husband would not have to meet any formalities, when your spouse finds a job, you can by then make an application to be issued a residence card which is valid for 5 years.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 am

And you can't get in in person, you have to send the form. The application processing time is about 6 months, but within a month after applying, you will receive a letter from them telling you that you can go to the immigration office and get temporary Stamp 4 (residence card which allows you to work) valid until the processing is completed.

Cariad
Newly Registered

Post by Cariad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 pm

On the form EA1, it requests a P60 or tax certificate. Since we are moving to Ireland from the US, if my husband starts a job, how will get one of those?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:48 pm

once your husband starts employment, he will register his employment with Revenue and will be issued a tax credit certificate, which he then can submit with EU1 form

Cariad
Newly Registered

Post by Cariad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Thank you!!