ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrationboard and UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Immigrationboard and UKBA

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 pm

hi ladies/gentlemen!

Does this informative board UKBA officials read? It cannot be overlooked as its massive board.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Most likely that they do

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:29 pm

I would imagine they have better things to do...

renu

Post by renu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

if they do look at this board, it is good because at least they will know that they have to speed up with some applications that are longer than 6 months with them...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Immigrationboard and UKBA

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:hi ladies/gentlemen!

Does this informative board UKBA officials read? It cannot be overlooked as its massive board.
This is a public forum freely accessible. Why don't you ask them?

ravii

Post by ravii » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't thing so.because ukba are very busy,how it is possible to some one from ukba to spare time for this forum?ubka have lots of work to do rather to read this forum..there are thousands of immigration forums around the world.but Internet provider companies always filter each and every word and this filtration is irrelevant to ukba.i never heard that this forum or any other Internet forum effected on ukba policies,and ukba never consider any forum in their internal or external matters.
Best regards

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 pm

I hope they read it. They could learn a lot about streamlining some of their application processes.

But I would guess they do not. To busy pushing files from this corner to that corner.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I hope they read it. They could learn a lot about streamlining some of their application processes.

But I would guess they do not. To busy pushing files from this corner to that corner.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....so true

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Beware!!! Big Brother is watching us

And how do you define UKBA? it sounds like it is some kind of CIA or something.

If it happens that some UKBA person reads it , it is far from likely that there is any organized enterprise for any particular reason. They can't deal with applications on time you think they gonna take time for reading? :)

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 am

They can't even finish cases on time how can they surf on net and reading this forum, I wish they should visit this forum to find out people views

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:53 am

nidaulhaque wrote:They can't even finish cases on time how can they surf on net and reading this forum, I wish they should visit this forum to find out people views

thats why they cant finish the cases on time... theyre too busy reading the forums to get updates on the cases themselves ;)

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 am

nidaulhaque wrote:They can't even finish cases on time how can they surf on net and reading this forum, I wish they should visit this forum to find out people views
Do you actually think there are too many case works on the hands of the UKBA staffs that they do not have time to surf the net? you will be so wrong to know, that the UKBA staffs purposely just keep EEA applications lying motionlessly on their desks.

The same cannot be said of people applying on the FLR m forms, how quickly do they get a response?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 am

frei wrote: The same cannot be said of people applying on the FLR m forms, how quickly do they get a response?
Very slowly.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Very slowly.
NO, not very slowly as you claimed, issuing decision within 1 week to 2 months for most of the applications made on the FLR m forms is considered very slowly in your interpretation? As compared 9 months waiting period for EEA application?

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 am

How can we predict from their slow behavior that they have no time to surf the websites? But I suspect that they employ temporary agency seasonal workers to deal these free applications.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 pm

No idea
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:57 pm

frei wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
9 months waiting period for EEA application?
It is open for applicants to complain or expedite their application. Hopefully most cases are dealt well within the required timelines.

waki

Post by waki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 pm

With all due respect EUSMILE,i disagree with you.I think they are just wicked and they lack compassion.They see every applicant as nuisance to the country and they go to any length to make life as difficult b4 they have what in most cases is their right.However,i aknowledge that it will never be part of their official stated policy.You listen to officials,ministers and conservatives politicians talk about immigration and u get the gist."WE WANT TO ATTRACT THE BRIGHTEST AND THE RICHEST TO THE COUNTRY" Less well to do are human beings as well afterall they clean their offices and streets.
I have no doubt they have official monitoring forums like this,they have special unit for that.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:37 pm

There are definitely some very hard working and smart and compassionate people who work for UKBA. And there are clearly some ignorant Jobsworths who really couldn't care.

Hey: That sounds like any large organization!

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 am

frei wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Very slowly.
NO, not very slowly as you claimed, issuing decision within 1 week to 2 months for most of the applications made on the FLR m forms is considered very slowly in your interpretation? As compared 9 months waiting period for EEA application?
I agree with EUSmile... My wifes FLR applications too over six months to "decide.".. first one almost a year... - however, im pretty sure a decision is made pretty much immediately, they keep them in the pipework to make it look like a lot of work has gone into it.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:42 am

I very much doubt the "UKBA" read what is here.

Now that isn't to say that the odd UKBA person might not be a member here.

I think that there will be the odd government UKBA official dropping in from time to time.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:I very much doubt the "UKBA" read what is here.

I think that there will be the odd government UKBA official dropping in from time to time.
you are right.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:I very much doubt the "UKBA" read what is here.

UKBA caseworker are like normal people like us. They are young so they use Facebook, they use Twitter, read immigration forums. There is nothing wrong with that.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:26 pm

1- UKBA Staff are all British so they are not worried about their immigration status to come and read on this forum. they probably using their time in more constructive websites like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube...etc.
2- personally, i don't think they want to cause any pressure on any one applying. simple rule, submit complete and sound application and you will have what you aim for ( Delays would be expected with their huge backlog and let us be realistic; its a lucky dip with every application timeline).
3- i wish they can read it so they can learn something about the EU laws in particular.