ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

County Court judgment for water bill

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanjay23
Newly Registered

County Court judgment for water bill

Post by sanjay23 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:23 pm

HI sushdmehta
i was evecited from my property on sept2011 due to non payment of mortgage by landlord i have received county court judgement for non payment of water bill for that time in nov 12 when i contact severn trent regarding my current bill although i paid the amount immediately after getting the notice.my ILR is due in dec 2013.
can you please advise is this county court judgement is going to affect my ILR.

thanks
Sanjay

Amber
Mood:

Re: County Court judgment for water bill

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm

sanjay23 wrote:HI sushdmehta
i was evecited from my property on sept2011 due to non payment of mortgage by landlord i have received county court judgement for non payment of water bill for that time in nov 12 when i contact severn trent regarding my current bill although i paid the amount immediately after getting the notice.my ILR is due in dec 2013.
can you please advise is this county court judgement is going to affect my ILR.

thanks
Sanjay
This is a civil judgement so you'll have to declare it, but supply proof that it has been paid and it shouldn't be an issue.

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Like D4109125 rightly said, you will need to declare it as civil judgement (not as criminal conviction because CCJ is no criminal record). Good that you have paid it, HO wants to see that you are committed to paying it or you have paid it. So, you are in a very strong position.

See a similar success story in the link below. He was absolutely fine with his ILR. So, relax your ILR is in order.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=