ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Response to Queston 7.10 in Set(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

priyadri

Response to Queston 7.10 in Set(O) form

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 am

Hi All,

I am confused with one final question, and want to know if anyone could provide further help here:

I have a simple caution and want to declare it. But, there is no specific place in the form to mention the caution, the only way is to use the additional space provided at the end of section 7.
But to use this space you need to say yes to atleast 1 question from 7.1 to 7.10. I dont have any other convictions or issues so my answer is no to everything from 7.1 to 7.9 and for 7.10 I dont want to say 'Yes' as my character cant be gudged based on my simple caution or incident. I didnt pay any fine or go to court or got any further letters from Court or Police.

Based on the valuable inputs I have got from members on this forum I am going to Solihull PEO and I suppose they will check my form first over there. So, I want this caution to be declared in the form and then right a detailed view in the cover letter (Planning to give the cover letter only when I am asked).

Can anyone who has ever declared a caution please help.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Can any senior members please respond

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 pm

priyadri wrote:Can any senior members please respond
What was the caution for? Pls elaborate.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 pm

The caution was for shoplifting offence. No fine paid or didnt go to court.
Its not in my Disclosure scotland report but I know its there in police record as I went and checked in a police station

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 pm

@priyadri

HO general ground for refusal reads

"There are two forms of Police cautions administered in the UK.
 A simple caution, or
 A conditional caution, which has specific conditions attached the offender must satisfy.
Reprimands and final warnings are similar to cautions but are issued in the UK to those aged 17 or under.
A police caution forms part of a person's criminal record and therefore if a person has a caution within the relevant timeframe, you must:
 refuse the application (where mandatory), or
 consider refusing the application (where discretionary)."

So, simple cautious unfortunately forms part of your criminal record so you need to declare it on the form! If you do CRB, there is a section that is dedicated to Cautions, Final Warning and Reprimands.. You could check your CRB to be absolutely sure that the caution is not on your record.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 pm

I did my CRB check through disclosure Scotland and nothing came on it.
I want to declare the caution but just finding for where to do it in the form as there is no section for cautions.

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:48 am

@priyadri

You will need to tick yes to this question on section 7.1

7.1. Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?

This is because caution comes under non-custodial criminal conviction. If you still not convinced ask the senior members to point you in the right direction.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:04 am

I dont think I need to declare a caution in the 7.1 section for criminal conviction.
Senior Members please correct me if I am wrong.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 am

priyadri wrote:I dont think I need to declare a caution in the 7.1 section for criminal conviction.
Senior Members please correct me if I am wrong.
Caution is not a criminal conviction. The best place to mention it is to tick 7.10.
Question 7.10 says activities which might indicate ..... It might not indicate, it is up to caseworkers to judge.

This is only my view.

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:26 am

Read page 55 of the general ground for refusal which directly address cautions. But to put context to the whole non-custodial sentence list start reading from page 15.

When you finish reading it please share your view and interpretation of what it means. Your view might help to defuse this knotty issue of criminal and/or no criminal conviction thing. It is too confusing.... and open to too many interpretation.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 am

If I say yes to 7.10 then in matter I am accepting that I have done something worng that will impact my Good Character. This may impact my application itself.

I was thinking of not saying anything in the form but detailing in the cover letter and giving the cover letter to case worker at th end

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 pm

priyadri wrote:If I say yes to 7.10 then in matter I am accepting that I have done something worng that will impact my Good Character. This may impact my application itself.

I was thinking of not saying anything in the form but detailing in the cover letter and giving the cover letter to case worker at th end
In anyway, you have to make it known to caseworkers. I doubt it makes differences to your application in the way you make it known to caseworkers.