ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm

kostikson wrote:End of my story

EEA2 Application sent:08/01/2013
Received by UKBA: 09/01/2013
COA received: 08/02/2013
Passports requested: 18/02/13 (email)
RC issued: 19/02/13
RC received: 28/02/13

and begging of another. Passport will expiry in August so we need to change the passport and send it again for a new stamp.

Thanks to everyone advises and support
Kosta
Which email address you used to request the passport back?

BuTanka
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Resident card received!

Post by BuTanka » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 pm

BuTanka, congratulations! Just 3 monts :) Have you sent them emails (except requesting passports back) or are there any facts that might speed up their decision on your application?
Thank you.[/quote]

I did not send anything. Just emails to ask for my passport :)

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 pm

That was exactly what I was going to say. I am keeping my expired passport with my new passport. I did not want to go through hell just to transfer stamp. Not worth it.
papa2

labelle

Post by labelle » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:58 pm

UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new cases
COMMENTS (516)
By Dominic Casciani
Home affairs correspondent

John Vine, chief inspector of immigration: "The agency is bedevilled with paper"Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Warning over immigration backlog
Immigrants could get 'amnesty'
UKBA 'failed to check' tip-offs
Immigration inspectors have discovered more UK Border Agency (UKBA) backlogs, totalling more than 16,000 cases.

The chief inspector of immigration said the latest backlogs, relating to requests to settle through marriage, were "unacceptable".

The backlogs included people waiting a decade to hear if their partner had permission to live in the UK.

Immigration Minister Mark Harper denied the Border Agency was a "shambles", and said managers were "getting a grip".

The marriage or civil partnership-related backlog is thought to be the 10th category of unresolved cases that has emerged in the past two years.

Inspectors looked at how well the agency was handling applications from people from outside the European Economic Area who have a partner already in the country, such as a husband or wife who is British.

Continue reading the main story
THE UKBA BACKLOGS

Live asylum cases: 25,500
Asylum controlled archive: 74,000
Live immigration cases: 3,500
Immigration controlled archive: 21,000
Migration Refusal Pool: 174,057
Ex-Foreign National Offenders living in the community: 3,954
Ex-Foreign National Offenders untraced: 53
Student visa checks backlog: Unknown number
Rejected Spousal application seeking reconsideration: 14,000
Temporary migrants including marriage applicants: 2,100 (now closed)
Total: 316,000
Sources: Home Affairs Committee and inspection reports, Home Office

MPs' report detailing backlogs
John Vine, the independent chief inspector of borders and immigration, said the majority of decisions were reasonable and caseworkers checked whether applicants were known criminals.

But he said his team had found a backlog of 14,000 cases where the UKBA failed to deal with requests to reconsider decisions after an initial rejection.

When inspectors visited a UKBA office in Sheffield they found a further backlog of 2,100 "complex" temporary migration cases. These included 180 marriage entry or settlement applications which had not received an initial decision. Some dated back to 2003.

One inspector said the unresolved applications had been effectively "dumped" on the Sheffield team after being transferred in a box from the UKBA's Croydon offices. Officials have since dealt with these cases.

At the time of the inspection last year, the marriage-related backlog was growing at a rate of 700 cases a month. Caseworkers told inspectors they could not deal with them until they had received new policy guidance.

However, a senior manager told inspectors that agency chiefs were unaware that these cases were not being dealt with and staff could make decisions without waiting for new policy.

'Not acceptable'
Mr Vine said: "I don't think I should be discovering these backlogs. The agency should know about its workload. It should prioritise its resources and, at the very least, have a plan to deal with some of the things that we come across in inspection.

"For people to be in such a backlog of cases is not acceptable and I urge the agency to deal with the cases swiftly. To wait such a long time, even if your case is complex, is completely outside any service standards."

Continue reading the main story
Case study

Gerard Hearne, from Rotherham, has been trying to bring his Thai wife to the UK since last year.

"We got married in early February out there. I came back after two weeks, I had to get back to the UK," he says.

"I kept thinking... two months, three months, she'll have her visa.

"When she was turned down in October and I organised the appeal, I went out there in late November.

"I went to spend a month with her and I naively thought that by having sent the appeal into Leicester that that would be forwarded to Bangkok, they would quickly check it through, 'say yes, ok'.

"And I, naively, thought my wife would be coming back to me for Christmas on 22 December.

"As the month went on it became apparent that that was never going to happen. I did actually ring the embassy at one point to say 'have you got the documentation?'

"I just try and get through each day. Some days are better than others. Some days I feel reasonable ok and other days I feel so low, so down. It's difficult to know how to keep going. "

The immigration minister said: "We inherited an agency which had a lot of problems, we've got a new management team to deal with it. They're getting a grip and dealing with it."

Mr Harper said 14,000 of the cases "weren't people waiting for a decision", but people "who didn't like the decision and didn't go through the proper appeal mechanism".

"And what the Border Agency should have said in the past, it should have said 'no, there's an appeal process, if you don't like the decision, appeal'," he told BBC Radio 4's Today Programme.

"But it didn't do that, it kind of accepted these requests [and] didn't have a process to deal with them.

"We have now got a clear policy, published, about how we deal with those - which is people should appeal properly and those people who have been refused are not allowed to stay here. Should leave the country and we will be taking steps to make sure that they do."

Lin Homer, who headed the Border and Immigration Agency and later the UK Border Agency, between 2005 and 2010, is currently chief executive of HM Revenue and Customs.

waki

Post by waki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:17 pm

congrats to all who just got through the devil's clutches.But just wondering what is happening to those applications that have been with them for 7months without any response,i just cant understand this behemouth thinking,Ukba is definately getting super out of control.

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 am

congrats to all who receive their rc but this is just really sicking to see that what ukba is doing i am still waiting from Oct and some people are still waiting from Sept and they are issuing others from Feb.....
still congrats to the people who received their rc....
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 am

just to let you know guys, i received my pr!!!

here is timeline
eea3 applied on 11th feb 2013

ho received 12th feb 2013
pr issued 27th feb 2013
pr received 01-03-2013

very happy :D

DAZCAL
Newly Registered

Post by DAZCAL » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 am

Thought I would post my recent story.

Applied for EEA2 RC on 21/01/2013
Received COA on 24/01/2013
Emailed to receive passports back on 27/02/2013
Received RC today 02/03/2013

So about 5.5 weeks waiting for me.

After reading these boards, I was experiencing a lot of anxiety about wait times or rejection. I really hope cases are cleared up soon for a lot of you.

The email address I used to send the passport return request:
LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck!

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Post by yogsmith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 pm

DAZCAL wrote:Thought I would post my recent story.

Applied for EEA2 RC on 21/01/2013
Received COA on 24/01/2013
Emailed to receive passports back on 27/02/2013
Received RC today 02/03/2013

So about 5.5 weeks waiting for me.

After reading these boards, I was experiencing a lot of anxiety about wait times or rejection. I really hope cases are cleared up soon for a lot of you.

The email address I used to send the passport return request:
LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck!
First of all congratulation for your RC. Can you please do let me know what are the supporting documents did you send along with application. I am aware that list of documents which are on UKBA website but in many case they are not enough to support application. So please do list the documents you sent. Thank you. Regards

DAZCAL
Newly Registered

Post by DAZCAL » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:16 pm

yogsmith wrote:
First of all congratulation for your RC. Can you please do let me know what are the supporting documents did you send along with application. I am aware that list of documents which are on UKBA website but in many case they are not enough to support application. So please do list the documents you sent. Thank you. Regards
I sent in:
My passport
My husband's identity card
The application
Comprehensive medical insurance for each of us
Contract of my husband's employment
Three pay stubs
Three bank statements
Marriage certificate
Council tax bill with both of our names on it and our current address

tweety0211

Post by tweety0211 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:58 pm

I think that application proccessing times depend pretty much on the case worker, ot how much paperwork you send to support the application. If you send all documents requested, the case should be pretty much straight forward. Perhaps if the caseworkers were paid commission plus thei wages, they'd be more efficient. it would be beneficial for all of us too :)

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:42 pm

DAZCAL wrote:
yogsmith wrote:
I sent in:
My passport
My husband's identity card
The application
Comprehensive medical insurance for each of us
Contract of my husband's employment
Three pay stubs
Three bank statements
Marriage certificate
Council tax bill with both of our names on it and our current address
CONGRATS DAZCAL, even i have a submitted same documents but waiting from last 18 weeks i think its all luck.

brascon
Newly Registered

Post by brascon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Just to let you know guys, i got refused today.

Egyptian lover

Post by Egyptian lover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Please share your case?

brascon wrote:Just to let you know guys, i got refused today.
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)

brascon
Newly Registered

Post by brascon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Egyptian lover wrote:Please share your case?

i have applied for eea2 7 months ago, with pressure for my lawyer they recently phoned my wife ex work as she resigned from there. Ukba agent asked the boss if my wife is working there, the boss told the agent that she had found another job nearby where she lives. The UKBA sent a refusal letter to my lawyer with right to appeal, do i have to send them the new job documents and do i have to wait another 8 months ?

Regards

Egyptian lover

Post by Egyptian lover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm

if you have the right to appeal do it ASAP .. as long as you can provide evidence as( letter from employer with start date + copy of contract + all pay slips since she started )that she is working with another employer since they will have no gap but t issue you RC

i am not an expert so i wish some one else can give some advice they always wait for any excuse just to refuse you... IDIOTSS
brascon wrote:

i have applied for eea2 7 months ago, with pressure for my lawyer they recently phoned my wife ex work as she resigned from there. Ukba agent asked the boss if my wife is working there, the boss told the agent that she had found another job nearby where she lives. The UKBA sent a refusal letter to my lawyer with right to appeal, do i have to send them the new job documents and do i have to wait another 8 months ?

Regards
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)

brascon
Newly Registered

Post by brascon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Egyptian lover wrote:if you have the right to appeal do it ASAP .. as long as you can provide evidence as( letter from employer with start date + copy of contract + all pay slips since she started )that she is working with another employer since they will have no gap but t issue you RC

i am not an expert so i wish some one else can give some advice they always wait for any excuse just to refuse you... IDIOTSS
brascon wrote:

Regards
Yes they just find the slightest excuse to refuse, they waited almost 8 months to let me know. Can i carry on working while sending them the new documents ?

Regards

ravii

Post by ravii » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 am

If you write a full refusal letter then we will be in better position to advice you.
Best regards

brascon
Newly Registered

Post by brascon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:00 am

ravii wrote:If you write a full refusal letter then we will be in better position to advice you.
Here we go :
i write to inform you that your application for RC as the spouse of an EEA National has been refused on th basis that Wife X left her employment. Then they said i have right to appeal.

Regards

ravii

Post by ravii » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 pm

It looks that your case worker was a school boy.if ukba call to the employer then ukba just confirm the documents which you sent with your application.Your EEA national was a qualified person at the time of RC application.second school boy case worker forget to ask you further documents which shows that EEA is still a qualified person at the time of decession.
Best regards

Melanty
Newly Registered

Post by Melanty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi guys. Who else is waiting for COA as long as me. I sent them application on 27.12.12. :evil:

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm

hey, sorry to hear about your rejection.
The best thing now is just to apply again quickly.
I think, Your mistake was that you should have sent a letter with the update to the UKBA about your wife's job change and that should have done the trick. I had a different situation , in my case i found out about my unpaid parking ticket and i didnt state it on the form as I was not aware of it. I sent them an update. But no response yet. So really not sure if the update works...

Anyway, I am more than sure when you send a new application with the new details , you will get it!

fingers crossed!
brascon wrote:
ravii wrote:If you write a full refusal letter then we will be in better position to advice you.
Here we go :
i write to inform you that your application for RC as the spouse of an EEA National has been refused on th basis that Wife X left her employment. Then they said i have right to appeal.

Regards

DAZCAL
Newly Registered

Post by DAZCAL » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Melanty wrote:Hi guys. Who else is waiting for COA as long as me. I sent them application on 27.12.12. :evil:
That's not good, but doesn't surprise me with the amount of complaints against the UKBA.

It seems you may just have to be more patient (as ridiculous as that seems). I am not sure why they are quicker with some applications, especially when it's only the COA. Maybe contact your MP?

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 am

DAZCAL wrote:
Melanty wrote:Hi guys. Who else is waiting for COA as long as me. I sent them application on 27.12.12. :evil:
That's not good, but doesn't surprise me with the amount of complaints against the UKBA.

It seems you may just have to be more patient (as ridiculous as that seems). I am not sure why they are quicker with some applications, especially when it's only the COA. Maybe contact your MP?
Hi DAZCAL the UKBA issue your RC is very quickly did they issue you RC on A4 or stamped on your passport
Zkhan

crystaltsai
Newly Registered

whats should i do?

Post by crystaltsai » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am

my RC timeline

arrival: 04. 12.2012
coa: 06.01.2013

Rc...??

quick question is that i may go home with my husband on April. we were thinking to ask the passport return, But my last visa already expired on Feb, 28 this year...

Will it be any effect or the custom will refuse me once i back Uk?
Any document should i prepare ????

I'm from Taiwan, travel EU is visa free.

Thank you very much

best wishes to all!