ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excluding child born in UK but with Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

purplepple

Excluding child born in UK but with Leave to Remain

Post by purplepple » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 am

Hi

I just wanted to ask senior members' thoughts about whether it is a big risk to exclude my dependent who was born in UK but I have previously applied an Leave to Remain for as we travelled to home country previously.

Would it be better to include in our ILR application in April to have peace of mind or exclude and save £££ as will be automatically British anyway when we get ILR.

I think that our case is straightforward as have been with the same company for 5 years and did not leave the country for more than 2 months within the period.

Many thanks for your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks vinny. My concern is the lack of right of appeal for the child if due to unforeseen circumstances, our ILR application was declined.

I initially did not mind paying the fee for peace of mind but the difficulty of booking a PEO appointment with 3 dependents has made me consider not including my youngest born in the UK to increase the chances of getting one and save some money at the same time.

Would the Home Office be so absurd to require my son to leave the country if we had appealed?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:49 am

purplepple wrote:Would the Home Office be so absurd to require my son to leave the country if we had appealed?
Unlikely.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Looks like even with 2 dependents, it is still impossible to get an appointment. Would there be a problem if I book 3 individual appointments on the same day? A

Aside from higher fees being each one would be the main applicant, is there a risk that my husband or child born outside the UK declined?

Would husband need to show any employment documents if only on dependent visa?

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Finally been able to book an appointment with 2 dependents. Sunday to Tuesday had been very difficult as cannot even log on from 10pm to 1am. I heard others were able to get appointments at 2am.

Wednesday, I was lucky enough to get an appointment at 12am.