ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Allan Shatter Promises to Spouse Of Irish National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

assbc

Allan Shatter Promises to Spouse Of Irish National

Post by assbc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Further steps being taken to improve the processing time for citizenship applications include:
· Streamlined and accelerated checking procedures for certain categories of applicants such as spouses of Irish citizens and applicants recently granted long term residency who as part of that process underwent checks similar to those in place for naturalisation.
· Plans to recruit an appropriate number of interns under the new Internship Programme announced in the Government’s Jobs Initiative to assist in areas dealing with naturalisation applications such as the Citizenship Section of the Department of Justice and Equality and the Garda Vetting Office.

But now Spouse of Irish National are now the long awaited for Citizenship

Read the full stories: http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR11000088

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 pm

How long have you been waiting?

Anyone that applied a year ago based on this category should be invited to the next ceremony after the 11th!, that is if your case is not complex and "they" think your case is not complex.

There are differences between you thinking your case is not complex while they think otherwise.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

I know there are still people aroud who have been waiting for years and it must be very frustrating.

But to be fair to Allan Shatter, the processing time has improved massively in the past 2 years ... and none only do they have to proces new applications faster, they also needed to cla a huge backlog.

So it might not be perfect, but he did take actions ot deliver on his pomisses.

dania

Post by dania » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 pm

i must give credit to allan shatter for the fantastic job he has done to clear much of the mess left behind by previous minister and to fulfill his promise,keep it up and just today one of my friend got approval ,he applied feb 2012 on basis of five year residence.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:20 pm

That press release is from June 2011... So nothing new really. Irish Spouses (from what I hear on here) are still waiting an astonishing amount of time for a decision on their application.

I hope the backlog has been cleared by 2015 (when my hubby can apply) and there are faster systems in place for Irish Spouses.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton