ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR interview cohabitation docs question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused_soul
Newly Registered

ILR interview cohabitation docs question

Post by confused_soul » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 am

Hi
Myself and my wife is appearing for ILR Set(O) interview shortly. I am on Tier 1 and she is my dependent.

I am collecting the cohabitation documents at the moment. I have a question with respect to the council tax bill. The council tax bill is in my wifes' name. We are planning to submit it as one of the address proofs for her. Would it be a problem that my name is not there in it? The rental agreement is in joint name.

Just bit confused by it.

Any help is apperciated.

Thanks,

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am

Assuming you are paying full council tax & no exemption+ you have utility or other bill on your name

This will be an acceptable proof

+ if you can get a letter from electoral register on both of your names

Rgds

Aarnav

suis

Re: ILR interview cohabitation docs question

Post by suis » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am

confused_soul wrote:Hi
Myself and my wife is appearing for ILR Set(O) interview shortly. I am on Tier 1 and she is my dependent.

I am collecting the cohabitation documents at the moment. I have a question with respect to the council tax bill. The council tax bill is in my wifes' name. We are planning to submit it as one of the address proofs for her. Would it be a problem that my name is not there in it? The rental agreement is in joint name.

Just bit confused by it.

Any help is apperciated.

Thanks,
i am in the similar situation like you (HSMP + Tier1) .
next weekl i have my PEO appointment,

but in my case me and my wife both are registered with council tax, so both of our name
are there in the council tax registry ,

i dont think this will be a big problem for you. also we got a letter from electroral registry too.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Does any of the members know the process to get a letter from electoral register include both husband and wife names.

Thanks for the help

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Assuming you have been registered with Electoral office

Call them up & ask for the letter ,

they will ask for your details & give you some time to come & collect it

In my case I had gone straight to office & then shown them a letter format

They asked me to wait, checked records ,too fee & then issued me the letter

They only advised that if i had called them over phone ,they would have made it ready & i wouldn't have required to wait