ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

kings76

Post by kings76 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 am

Hi guys finally my brb is back and the waiting is over to God be the glory

shendean

Post by shendean » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 pm

kings76 wrote:Hi guys finally my brb is back and the waiting is over to God be the glory
CONGRATS KINGS76!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

hussanmaan
Newly Registered

Post by hussanmaan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:05 pm

recieved my brp .
applied on 29 sept
bio .. 20 dec
brp 04/03/13

NovApplication
Newly Registered

ROD

Post by NovApplication » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with ROD. I am the wife of an applicant wanting my passport and marriage cert back. I applied on the 1st of Feb and nothing, so I called today and they advised that no one can tell me anything! I asked if they could say if they received it and NO. Very worrying, what if it is lost in the post??? Is there any info anyone knows of as in another number? I am actually trying to save them work! All I was told on the phone was to resubmit my request - which doesnt help anyone!

Any help would be appreciated :)

Timeline:
Applied: 2/11/12
Ack: 6/11/12
Bio: 24/1/13

shendean

Re: ROD

Post by shendean » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 pm

NovApplication wrote:Just wondering if anyone has had problems with ROD. I am the wife of an applicant wanting my passport and marriage cert back. I applied on the 1st of Feb and nothing, so I called today and they advised that no one can tell me anything! I asked if they could say if they received it and NO. Very worrying, what if it is lost in the post??? Is there any info anyone knows of as in another number? I am actually trying to save them work! All I was told on the phone was to resubmit my request - which doesnt help anyone!

Timeline:
Bio: 24/1/13
I did request a ROD. after one week i had it. when did u request?
Shendean

NovApplication
Newly Registered

Re: ROD

Post by NovApplication » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 pm

[quote="shendean"][quote="NovApplication"]Just wondering if anyone has had problems with ROD. I am the wife of an applicant wanting my passport and marriage cert back. I applied on the 1st of Feb and nothing, so I called today and they advised that no one can tell me anything! I asked if they could say if they received it and NO. Very worrying, what if it is lost in the post??? Is there any info anyone knows of as in another number? I am actually trying to save them work! All I was told on the phone was to resubmit my request - which doesnt help anyone!

Timeline:
Bio: 24/1/13[/quote]

I did request a ROD. after one week i had it. when did u request?[/quote]

I initially requestedon feb 1st!

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm

kings76 wrote:Hi guys finally my brb is back and the waiting is over to God be the glory
Very pleased for you.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

dic
Newly Registered

Post by dic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 pm

dic wrote:Hello Guys I am new to this Forum. I applied for a Spouse Visa for myself
in 2011 This was granted just last month but for some reason they have placed me under the new immigration rules 9 July 2012? is this normal? Can I argue against it?
or appeal?

applied (): 8 September 2011
acknowledgement: 15 September 2011
Biometrics letter: waiting
Biometrics given: waiting
Decision : approved 17th Jan 2013 (Fax to my Lawyer)
Passport received: waiting
kings76 wrote:@ dic you have every right to appeal it and I think you can win the case first your application is more than the maximum required time needed to process your application ,secondly contact your lawyer for advice and thirdly were you illegal when you made the application if no then on what stand did they based their decision to give you that visa when it is more than a year ,if it reaches court of law you can be compensated but seek more professional advice

Kings76 Yes I was an over stayer does that mean I should come under the new rules even though I applied in 2011? It was granted because my case was exceptional according to UKBA.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm

@ Shenedan and diesel lD thank you yours is on the way this month of march is a month of marching forward in everything you desire and wish to get ,in next than next week yours will be in your door post and to every other applicant hoping and wishing you will soon hear from them

kings76

Post by kings76 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Does anyone knows how to change my skyline please help me to do it,@ November applicant if your the sponsor and your about to withdraw your passport and marriage cert then what your telling the ukba is that your not interested in the applicant again cos on what bases are you withdrawing it ,though I know they will photocopy it but it will be delayed more to know why your withdrawing it,but if it is only passport it is understandable that you may want to travel ,where are you going with your marriage cert if am a case worker it's gives room for concern ,but I know they are speeding up the process

mishfitt

Post by mishfitt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:11 pm

i really hope mine comes soon, my husbands turkey trip is 8april and im too scared to request his PP back incase they mess up our application / dont get it back in time anyway!

plus i want to be able to sleep properly / not stress anymore!!

NovApplication
Newly Registered

Post by NovApplication » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 pm

[quote="kings76"]Does anyone knows how to change my skyline please help me to do it,@ November applicant if your the sponsor and your about to withdraw your passport and marriage cert then what your telling the ukba is that your not interested in the applicant again cos on what bases are you withdrawing it ,though I know they will photocopy it but it will be delayed more to know why your withdrawing it,but if it is only passport it is understandable that you may want to travel ,where are you going with your marriage cert if am a case worker it's gives room for concern ,but I know they are speeding up the process[/quote]

Hey,

I need to update my passport to my married name before our trip in april. We booked it in my married name ages ago not realising that this process would take so long!! I cannot change the ne on the flight due to them being promo prices. I really hope I havent messed it up :s I also need to update all of my details to my married name and I called the ukba before I first submitted and they said they just copy them and send it back and it shouldnt cause any problems!

Thanms

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Received

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 pm

shendean wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:
DieselD wrote:
humtum wrote:Time line for my case
Applied:29/11/2012
Bio:07/01/2013
Document received today:02/03/2013
Waiting for brb:should arrive in 7days

We did not contact through all process to home office or Mp
Wow, that was quick, congratulations. What visa did you apply from?

that is quick. i applied for my wife's on 4th November and gave bio on 11 Jan, nowt yet
Innocentdevil: Dont worry we will get it this month. lol
inshallah Bro

shendean

Post by shendean » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm

NovApplication wrote:
kings76 wrote:Does anyone knows how to change my skyline please help me to do it,@ November applicant if your the sponsor and your about to withdraw your passport and marriage cert then what your telling the ukba is that your not interested in the applicant again cos on what bases are you withdrawing it ,though I know they will photocopy it but it will be delayed more to know why your withdrawing it,but if it is only passport it is understandable that you may want to travel ,where are you going with your marriage cert if am a case worker it's gives room for concern ,but I know they are speeding up the process

Hey,

I need to update my passport to my married name before our trip in april. We booked it in my married name ages ago not realising that this process would take so long!! I cannot change the ne on the flight due to them being promo prices. I really hope I havent messed it up :s I also need to update all of my details to my married name and I called the ukba before I first submitted and they said they just copy them and send it back and it shouldnt cause any problems!

Thanms
You are fine.. i travel before use my surname when i am not married. all u gunna do is take ur marriage certifacte when u are travel.
Shendean

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi everyone

I know this visa can take a long time.
I applied in beginning of February, they received the application 8th of Feb and also gave my bio metrics 18th of Feb.
I would love it if I would get everything done in April (as in receive the visa) because of my masters thesis presentation. I know my application so has not a long time, but do guys think its possible?
(I am aware that no one knows exactly how long it takes, and it varies, also that it should be within 6 months.) Just trying to be positive and hopeful.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi everyone

I know this visa can take a long time.
I applied in beginning of February, they received the application 8th of Feb and also gave my bio metrics 18th of Feb.
I would love it if I would get everything done in April (as in receive the visa) because of my masters thesis presentation. I know my application so far* has not been* a long time, but do guys think its possible?
(I am aware that no one knows exactly how long it takes, and it varies, also that it should be within 6 months.) Just trying to be positive and hopeful.

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Post by strayaleprechaun » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 am

@coochiefoo98 The fact that you got your biometrics letter and registered so quickly is a good sign. Most people were waiting a few months at the end of last year. Fingers crossed for you.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 am

kings76 wrote:Hi morning all,and congrats for those receiving their document ,I just called ukba now and the last I spoke to was so helpful after giving her my details she asked me to wait for few minutes which I did and she later said I honestly apologise for the time the application has been and that she doesn't know why they have not send my application to the post but she will try and found out but I should call again by Tuesday or Wednesday next week if they have sent it,you see how this people are playing with my future and life,does it mean they willingly left it behind because am protesting by writing to authorities or what
@ Kings76 What phone number did you use to call UKBA?

mastrchee
Newly Registered

Post by mastrchee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am

i've been silently following this post for the last 4 months and to my surprise, my flrm documents were returned yesterday and i have been granted my visa.

this is my first post and here's my timeline:

Date Applied for FLR(M): 12 November 2012
Date Rec. Ack. Letter: 14 November 2012
Date Rec. Biometric Letter: 24 January 2013
Date Biometrics Appt: 26 January 2013
Date Passport & Docs returned: 28 February 2013
BRP: waiting…

Switched from Tier 1 PSW

it appears as they are speeding up applications. so thats something positive to look forward to. touch wood.

anyways, i know most of you guys haven't received it and trust me I know how it feels to put your life on hold. i hope you guys get yours soon. wish you good luck. thanks everyone for your contributions, helps to know that we're not alone.
Last edited by mastrchee on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am

mastrchee wrote:i've been silently following this post for the last 4 months and to my surprise, my flrm documents were returned yesterday and i have been granted my visa.

it appears as they are speeding up applications. so thats something positive to look forward to. touch wood.

anyways, i know most of you guys haven't received it and trust me I know how it feels to put your life on hold. i hope you guys get yours soon. wish you good luck. thanks everyone for your contributions, helps to know that we're not alone.
Please advise what visa you applied from.

mastrchee
Newly Registered

Post by mastrchee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am

DieselD wrote:
mastrchee wrote:i've been silently following this post for the last 4 months and to my surprise, my flrm documents were returned yesterday and i have been granted my visa.

Please advise what visa you applied from.
I switched from tier 1 psw.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 am

@ diesel d I called 08706067766 then option 4 & sub option 2 then it might take upto twenty minutes before they pick

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:18 am

Please confirm which of the below details are correct as there are more than 1 record referring to the same username in row 35 & 95 on the Skydrive
35. icetort2012 29/06/2012 05/07/2012 05/09/2012 06/09/2012 11/02/2013 11/02/2013 Completed 0 23 32

95. icetort2012 04/07/2012 14/07/2012 05/09/2012 06/09/2012 Pending 26 35
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Punjabi's Success Story

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 am

This will be a news for most of us.
which we've always thought should be the case. However, this scenario might not apply to a majority of people on this thread but just thought this might help some of them. This case has proved most of the immigration gurus wrong. Apparently!!!

Punjabis wrote:I would like to share my experience for today's visit of Home Office at PEO.

I have had PEO appointment booked for my wife visa.

I recently got ILR on 10 yr basis about couple of weeks ago.. My wife was with me as Tier1G dependent.
With the help of Damisshallo and other senior members guided me to do FLR(M) first and than follow up SET (M).

In PEO when I was asked to hand in the application, I raised a question of saying I have my wife with me as my dependent from last 5 years as tier1G. I have got settlement can I aplly for her directly for ILR by handing in SET(M).
Advisor requested me to give both applications and she will ask manager.

She came back after 10 min and said you can just apply for ILR by handing in SET(M). So she gave me FLR(M) application back.

By handing in all the application we realise, my wife, left LITUK at home. So we asked can you access it from your system. She said that is fine too.

In abt hr later she approved ILR for my wife.

So, Here is learning for all of us including all senior members, process is different to what has guided in this forum before.

Pls follow what I have experienced today.

Pls note I paid only for ILR application. I did not hv to pay for 2 applications.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am

kings76 wrote:@ diesel d I called 08706067766 then option 4 & sub option 2 then it might take upto twenty minutes before they pick
Thanks, I will give a try.