ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointments and HMRC checks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kevin24
Diamond Member

PEO Appointments and HMRC checks

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

I happened to meet a good friend of mine today,who works at HMRC.He told me that for every PEO appointments ,for Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants ,the CW checks with HMRC for your Employment summary. This always happens every time. If a delay in this EH being transmitted from HMRC to PEO,CW requests the 5 year P60s .

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Very interesting

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 pm

We are so happy that CW did not ask for the 5 year.P 60s. Actually CW is checking the same information before approving the ILR application. Also your Immigration history and Criminality Checks from the Time you entered UK.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: PEO Appointments and HMRC checks

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Kevin24 wrote:I happened to meet a good friend of mine today,who works at HMRC.He told me that for every PEO appointments ,for Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants ,the CW checks with HMRC for your Employment summary. This always happens every time. If a delay in this EH being transmitted from HMRC to PEO,CW requests the 5 year P60s .
i don't think so. Because i was in self-employment case worker did ask me that did i have paid TAX on the income i have declared.
But i did submitted 5 year P-60s.
If they have access to HMRC they should have quickly find out that TAX hasbeen paid or not.

Please stop passing incorrect info as it will miss guide innocent applicants.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Mate! I only passed the information what I was told. If you have problems with that I can;t help it. I only wanted to help all members.Since you gave all the 5 year P 60s they were satisfied.Do you honestly believe that CW is going to approve an ILR application purely based on your documentation with out accessing /looking at Independent information.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Mate! I only passed the information what I was told. If you have problems with that I can;t help it. I only wanted to help all members.Since you gave all the 5 year P 60s they were satisfied.Do you honestly believe that CW is going to approve an ILR application purely based on your documentation with out accessing /looking at Independent information.
Very true. There is lot more to it than we actually see when we go for our PEO appointment. Why do they ask you to declare criminal convictions on the form plus they ask verbally as well though they will do their own criminal checks anyways? They definitely don't just judge or make a decision on an application just on the basis on independent info.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks Gagan,Nowadays Government Depts. are linked. So they share information. May that's why for e,g :PEO appointments ,they encourage for straightforward applications, where no further checks are necessary. It is always be prepared for any eventuality. Be truthful and Honest to the CW.These are my thoughts need not be necessary for every one to agree..

Digvijay
Newly Registered

Post by Digvijay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 am

I dont think so they check all .If your case is strightforward then its likely that they will do all checks .It depends on every case worker if they want they can get all information .

lxx

Post by lxx » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 am

Kevin24 wrote:I happened to meet a good friend of mine today,who works at HMRC.He told me that for every PEO appointments ,for Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants ,the CW checks with HMRC for your Employment summary. This always happens every time. If a delay in this EH being transmitted from HMRC to PEO,CW requests the 5 year P60s .
Hi Kevin

Thanks for the information. Do you know what details they would ask for, just recent employment history or for the whole 5 years?

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm

So just an update from my end,

I was just speaking with HMRC regarding a query on my tax returns, and asked them if Home office would have direct access to my tax records and she said, they might not have access to do real time checks.

She was more certain, So I guess real time checks dont happen but of course Home office can get this details if they would like to verify.

Having said that I think it is useful for everyone to get the Employment History and be sure that what is on P60 is reflected on there. Just in case Home office do the checks.

It has higlighted a gap on my records.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 pm

lxx wrote:
Hi Kevin

Thanks for the information. Do you know what details they would ask for, just recent employment history or for the whole 5 years?
They don't do real time checks. But they will request from HMRC ,your Employment History for 5 years ( same information as in P60s). To check for e.g A tier 2 applicant, whether you have been economically active for 5 years. Other checks will be on your Immigration history,your SAR file and criminality checks. Read some PEO experiences relevant to your Immigration category and see the documents they ask for from the applicant.That's how I learn t about these checks and documents. It is really worth while spending some time.,because you will be better prepared for any problems you may encounter..

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:So just an update from my end,

I was just speaking with HMRC regarding a query on my tax returns, and asked them if Home office would have direct access to my tax records and she said, they might not have access to do real time checks.

She was more certain, So I guess real time checks dont happen but of course Home office can get this details if they would like to verify.

Having said that I think it is useful for everyone to get the Employment History and be sure that what is on P60 is reflected on there. Just in case Home office do the checks.

It has higlighted a gap on my records.
That's right, be prepared with all the relevant documents . Then there is no need for you to be stressed and worried.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
lxx wrote:
Hi Kevin

They don't do real time checks. But they will request from HMRC ,your Employment History for 5 years ( same information as in P60s). To check for e.g A tier 2 applicant, whether you have been economically active for 5 years. Other checks will be on your Immigration history,your SAR file and criminality checks. Read some PEO experiences relevant to your Immigration category and see the documents they ask for from the applicant.That's how I learn t about these checks and documents. It is really worth while spending some time.,because you will be better prepared for any problems you may encounter..
Kevin,
Could you please get some more information from your friend how these checks are done? Will they request the info from HMRC on the day of appointment and the HMRC replies immediately by sending info? Little more elaborate info would be appreciated...

lxx

Post by lxx » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
lxx wrote:
Hi Kevin

Many thanks Kevin :)
I've got some other issues, sent you PM this morning. Would you please check?
Thanks again!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
lxx wrote:
Hi Kevin

Kevin,
Could you please get some more information from your friend how these checks are done? Will they request the info from HMRC on the day of appointment and the HMRC replies immediately by sending info? Little more elaborate info would be appreciated...[/quote

CWs don't have direct access to your HMRC records. When you go in for a PEO appointment, CW will key in your Name, NI No,. DOB and Employer's Name( For Tier 2 Applicant) and will request your Employment History. In turn HMRC will check their record s and will send the information via a print out, with in a short time. CW will check this and then only will approve your ILR application in addition to other checks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 pm

lxx wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
lxx wrote:
Hi Kevin

Many thanks Kevin :)
I've got some other issues, sent you PM this morning. Would you please check?
Thanks again!
Mate! I have not received your PM. Just put your issues on this thread, I will try to help you to the best of my ability.Or some body who are more knowledgeable than me will help you.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Digvijay wrote:I dont think so they check all .If your case is strightforward then its likely that they will do all checks .It depends on every case worker if they want they can get all information .
I remeber reading one of your post about you having information that CW checks with HMRC. As long as we are doing the right thing and be truthful and honest, we should not be worried about any checks CW does.Either they approve or refuse. Surely they are not interviewing us for MI5 jobs.

Digvijay
Newly Registered

Post by Digvijay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Hey Kevin
Just want to know what if some one does not have employment history with hmrc , but all p60 for 5 yrs given by company , how will that work then ...

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Digvijay wrote:Hey Kevin
Just want to know what if some one does not have employment history with hmrc , but all p60 for 5 yrs given by company , how will that work then ...
That;s impossible not to have an Employment History for you with HMRC... But it all depends on the CW. No further checks done.. .If your Employer's P60 are s acceptable ,then you are o.k.If you meet the other conditions as well. I remember you mentioned about this problem some time ago.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Digvijay wrote:Just want to know what if some one does not have employment history with hmrc , but all p60 for 5 yrs given by company , how will that work then ...
Someone who has worked in the UK must have an employment history with HMRC. P60's are issued by the employer. Ultimately what HMRC provide as your employment history will take precedence over P60s, both sources should reflect the same annual income and deductions.

If they don't, then that clearly indicates a discrepency which would require investigation to get to the bottom of the problem.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm

I have seen where CW not asked for the P60s,in some instances. As to how they establish the Economic Activity for 5 years, I do not know.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Kevin24 wrote:I have seen where CW not asked for the P60s,in some instances. As to how they establish the Economic Activity for 5 years, I do not know.
In normal instances where one has been with the same employer throughout the 5 year period and has for the letter saying start date etc, they do not ask for the p60's.

It's only when you change couple of employers during 5 year period and have gaps, they do tend to ask for p60's. very random though

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Even if you get your P60s are certified by the Employer,there is going to be a problem. CW will want to know as to where the statutory deductions for NI and Tax were sent to? If not to HMRC where?? At a PEO appointment can you explain to CW!!! Hope you understand the seriousness of this problem.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:I have seen where CW not asked for the P60s,in some instances. As to how they establish the Economic Activity for 5 years, I do not know.
In normal instances where one has been with the same employer throughout the 5 year period and has for the letter saying start date etc, they do not ask for the p60's.

It's only when you change couple of employers during 5 year period and have gaps, they do tend to ask for p60's. very random though
Since you went to a PEO appointment,you will know better than me. I believe the CW who approved your ILR was a pretty blond. You were a lucky one!!!Hm....

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:

CWs have approved ILR with last 3 month's pay slips ,last 3 month's Bank statements,WP document and Employer's letter. No further documents were asked and no further checks were done. So if it is your lucky day,then you will have no problems.