ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents & clarification of 11L of section 11 (SET-

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mptj
Newly Registered

ILR Documents & clarification of 11L of section 11 (SET-

Post by mptj » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Dear all
I am Form SET (O) applicant
Thankfully I managed to book PEO appointment on 22 March and more or less ready with all docs. Please advice what should I include in regards to 11L of Section 11-documents.
I have arranged the following:
Cover letter
Duly filled SET (O) form
02 photos
salary slips+current Employer letter+ Bank Statments (05 years)
Letter from HMRC (five years)
annual leave letter from previous employer for one year (work permit duration)
Life in the UK test

Kindly advice if i am missing anything and also please clarify on 11L requirements.

Best regards

G

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 pm

It would help if you stated what immigration categories your ILR residence period was made up of, to answer that question. Additionally what category are you applying for ILR under?

mptj
Newly Registered

Post by mptj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 am

Hi cs95tdg
Thanks for notifying this.

My category is Tier-1 ILR (comprises of WP14 months +rest on Tier-1 category)

Look forward to hear your advice.

Regards

Gaurav

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Documents & clarification of 11L of section 11 (

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 am

mptj wrote:My category is Tier-1 ILR (comprises of WP14 months +rest on Tier-1 category)
1) Cover letter
2) Duly filled SET (O) form
3) 02 photos
4) salary slips+current Employer letter+ Bank Statments (05 years)
5) Letter from HMRC (five years)
6) annual leave letter from previous employer for one year (work permit duration)
7) Life in the UK test
A) What is the purpose of 1)? A cover letter is not required, unless you have something out of the ordinary which needs to be highlighted and explained.
B) Why are you submitting 5 years of pay slips and bank statements as indicated under point 4)? As a T1G Applicant what you can use towards your previous earnings are a maximum of 12 consecutive months of pay, earned during the 15 months immediately prior to your application. Please read the guidance to understand what is explicitly required if you haven't already done so.
C) If you have your original WP letter, you may also submit that along with your HMRC Employment History statement to enable easy verification that you met the terms of that WP. This will satisfy the requirement stated under point 11L.
D) You will need to submit your passport(s) & BRP if you have one.
E) Provide photocopies of all supporting documents.
Your application is quite similar to mine, so you may find it useful to read my post, to see if it helps: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#766695

mptj
Newly Registered

Post by mptj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Many thanks for your kind advice and I read your previous post extremely useful and detailed.

From your response it seems I have got everything needed. Sorry for confusion Salary slips and employment letter is for 12 months and Bank statement or 05 years. Since I have already ordered 05 years Bank Statements, would it harm in anyway? do i get another one only for last 12 months?

My appointment is soon now.

Best regards

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 pm

mptj,

Salary Slips and Bank Statements are only needed for the period claimed. 12 months if you are claiming points for all 12 months.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

mptj
Newly Registered

uksettlement

Post by mptj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm

so do I order another set of bank statement or shall just use the one which I got for 05 years (while highlighting the last 12 months)

Br
G

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 pm

The application evidence would be concise, if you just submitted the 12 months of bank statements required, rather than 5 years worth of statements. Could you not simply submit the required 12 months of statements, even if you receive statements for 5 years? Just leave the unnecessary ones out.

If thats not possible just take what you have, shouldn't be a problem, even though it would be more time consuming for the case worker to verify.

mptj
Newly Registered

cs95tdg

Post by mptj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Many thanks cs95tdg

I fully understand your point but the issue is Bank statement come in a particular format while all page showing total number of pages (like page 1 of 16, etc etc) which means if I remove any pages out of total it might create unnecessary doubt in case worker's mind. (though I have already created trouble for myself while ordering 05 years statement)

I appreciate your response.

Many thanks

uksettlement
India

Re: cs95tdg

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 pm

mptj wrote:Many thanks cs95tdg

I fully understand your point but the issue is Bank statement come in a particular format while all page showing total number of pages (like page 1 of 16, etc etc) which means if I remove any pages out of total it might create unnecessary doubt in case worker's mind. (though I have already created trouble for myself while ordering 05 years statement)

I appreciate your response.

Many thanks
Sorry buddy but you think a lot. If they ask why there are gaps can't you explain also the letters are originals so you are fine. Sometimes we over hype the ukba guys. Don't think they are doubting everything thrown at them.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:47 am

mptj,

Could you please share the format of annual leave letter as per below ? I'm also in the same situation . pls help

annual leave letter from previous employer for one year (work permit duration)

mptj
Newly Registered

Post by mptj » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi pegakrishna
my apologies for the delay and thankfully I got my ILR without much trouble.
Here is the requested format I used:

FAO: UKBA
Date:
Re: Your Name/ DOB/NI Number

I can confirm Mr. has been employed as XXXX at XXXX from__date to __date. During Year____ Mr. took X days annual leave which was within his entitlement.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours' sincerely

XXXXX
HR Dept
contact phone:
Email:

I hope it should help.
Best wishes

mptj
Newly Registered

Thanks all

Post by mptj » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:23 pm

All Gurus and members

Many thanks for your advice, my application been approved and I have got my ILR . I reached center on time, been called once for application validity, second for Application Fee and third for document verification. The Caseworkers were extremely nice and supportive and since I went with my family so they were trying to keep the process lot easier.
Overall it took 04 hours in the entire process, and within 03 days from the date of appointment I also received my BRPs.

If anybody wish to know any details about the process, please feel free to ask.

Best regards

G

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Thank you mptj for sharing this across. It helps for people like me who will apply ILR after 6 april onwards.

When you get a chance, you can upload the proper format of employer letter in Sticky discussion. it will benefit will many of our members.

lapppt

Post by lapppt » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 pm

cs95tdg wrote: A) What is the purpose of 1)? A cover letter is not required, unless you have something out of the ordinary which needs to be highlighted and explained.
B) Why are you submitting 5 years of pay slips and bank statements as indicated under point 4)? As a T1G Applicant what you can use towards your previous earnings are a maximum of 12 consecutive months of pay, earned during the 15 months immediately prior to your application. Please read the guidance to understand what is explicitly required if you haven't already done so.
C) If you have your original WP letter, you may also submit that along with your HMRC Employment History statement to enable easy verification that you met the terms of that WP. This will satisfy the requirement stated under point 11L.
D) You will need to submit your passport(s) & BRP if you have one.
E) Provide photocopies of all supporting documents.
Your application is quite similar to mine, so you may find it useful to read my post, to see if it helps: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#766695
As as far as Salary slips and bank statements are concerned, I thought the application guidance says to submit one salary slip and one month bank statement covering one month before making the application?

lapppt

Re: Thanks all

Post by lapppt » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm

mptj wrote:All Gurus and members

Many thanks for your advice, my application been approved and I have got my ILR . I reached center on time, been called once for application validity, second for Application Fee and third for document verification. The Caseworkers were extremely nice and supportive and since I went with my family so they were trying to keep the process lot easier.
Overall it took 04 hours in the entire process, and within 03 days from the date of appointment I also received my BRPs.

If anybody wish to know any details about the process, please feel free to ask.

Best regards

G
Which centre did you go?

mptj
Newly Registered

Post by mptj » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 am

I think 12 months Salary slip & 12 months bank statement is must to prove your income in last 12 months from two different soeurces (if you are not working then it can be any continuous 15 months back from today)
My case worker did not bother to check anyother docs apart from the above two so make sure to arrange this before filing your application.

mptj
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks all

Post by mptj » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 am

I went to Liverpool PEO and I know its not one of the favourite as I have gone through lots of discussions where applicants praised about Solihull and Croydon but I went to Liverpool mainly due to the facts like: close distance from my place, online booking was only available in this centre (I guess due to visa fee change from 06 April everybody booked above mentioned centres ASAP) and last my case was stright forward so I took a chance.

I hope it would help.

Good luck