ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Degore2020
Newly Registered

Please Get Involev

Post by Degore2020 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Guys can you get involve by signing the Petition to UKBA

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/london/ ... a-services

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:35 pm

kevinwoo wrote:Any other June applicants are still waiting
I think there are atleast three June applicants awaiting decisions on Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

Re: Good News For Aug/Sep Applicants............

Post by jai_aus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:44 pm

TRMs wrote:
jai_aus wrote:I received my ILR Approval today.............Best day ever..........

I applied on 31st Aug.2012.

I did call Home Office last Friday and I have been told that they received my application on 4th Sep since 31st Aug was Friday and I will have to call when 6 months are up.

So today is exactly six months and I received my approval today....

So Everyone hold on and am sure everyone will get their ILR.

Regards
Hi jai_aus, can you please tell me the number which you used to contact the UKBA on please? I tried earllier to call them and I was told rather abruptly by an automated female voice that they were not giving out updates. Thanks
I did call the number on the acknowledgement and chose option 4 and the option for more than 6 months. It takes couple of attempts to get connected.

let_koko

NATURALIZATION

Post by let_koko » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Guys
Take your time to read this info please

This is not to confuse people that are not interest, I have always been saying this to some guys but they did not believe me, My aunt and my uncle and some other friends did same and it works for them.

If you have stayed in this country continuously for 10 years and you got ya ILR,, you can apply directly for Naturalization, Although, some adviser will tell you to wait, even at the checking centre, i was told to wait for a year but remember they are not immigration officers that issue naturalization

I got my ILR on friday 1st of March and i have posted my application for naturalization this morning and i shall tell you the outcome soon, for those intrested, below are the requirement for naturalization

B. If you are NOT married to or the civil partner of a British citizen
(Section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981)
The legal requirements you should meet before you apply are that you:
1. Are aged 18 or over when you apply
2. Are of sound mind, so that you understand the step you are taking (but see page 10
for those who are not of sound mind)
3. Intend to continue to live in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of
an international organisation of which the UK is a member or the service of a
company or association established in the UK
4. Can communicate in English (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) to an acceptable degree
5. Have sufficient knowledge about life in the UK
6. Are of good character
7. Have lived in the UK for a minimum of 5 years before you apply

The residence requirements:
1. You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern
Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the
application is received by the Home Office.
For example if your application is received on 20/1/2010 you should have been
physically present in the United Kingdom on 21/1/2005.
Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they
cannot satisfy the residence requirement to be present in the UK at the beginning of
the residential qualifying period.
2. You must not have had more than 450 days outside the United Kingdom in the five
year period before making the application (but see the section on Absences on page
7).
3. You must not have had more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the 12
month period before making the application (but see the section on Absences on
page 8).
4. You must be free of immigration time restrictions on the date of application, and
have been free of immigration time restrictions for the twelve month period before
making the application (see the section on Immigration Time Restrictions).
5. You must not have been in breach of the immigration rules in the 5 year period
before making the application (see the section on Breach of Immigration Law).
Good luck to those interested in this piece of info

newbie.scott

Re: NATURALIZATION

Post by newbie.scott » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Interesting let_koko, n thanks for posting.
Please update with your out come and all the best....
Cheers..

let_koko wrote:Guys

This is not to confuse people that are not interest, I have always been saying this to some guys but they did not believe me, My aunt and my uncle and some other friends did same and it works for them.

If you have stayed in this country continuously for 10 years and you got ya ILR,, you can apply directly for Naturalization, Although, some adviser will tell you to wait, even at the checking centre, i was told to wait for a year but remember they are not immigration officers that issue naturalization

I got my ILR on friday 1st of March and i have posted my application for naturalization this morning and i shall tell you the outcome soon, for those intrested, below are the requirement for naturalization

2. Are of sound mind, so that you understand the step you are taking (but see page 10
3. Intend to continue to live in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of
4. Can communicate in English (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) to an acceptable degree
6. Are of good character

Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they
cannot satisfy the residence requirement to be present in the UK at the beginning of
2. You must not have had more than 450 days outside the United Kingdom in the five
year period before making the application (but see the section on Absences on page
7).
page 8).
4. You must be free of immigration time restrictions on the date of application, and
have been free of immigration time restrictions for the twelve month period before
5. You must not have been in breach of the immigration rules in the 5 year period

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Doesn't that point mean that you should have 1 year of time when you were not on a visa or work permit or such like?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:47 pm

let_koko wrote:4. You must be free of immigration time restrictions on the date of application, and have been free of immigration time restrictions for the twelve month period before making the application (see the section on Immigration Time Restrictions)
How about this rule then?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm

let_koko wrote:Guys

6. Are of good character

7).
page 8).

As Damani as quoted for you, I can only inform you that your application is bound to be refused. The only exception to the rules are:

1. If you are married to a British Citizen and have leave here legally for at
least 3 years.
2. After your ILR was granted it took HO 12Months to post it you.

These are the 2 reason that l know for you to make Nationality application straight away after receiving your ILR.
nothing united in United Nation.

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Well, if i haven't seen family members that did the same, i would not have posted my application for naturalization, guys, all you need to do is to read the guide of AN and the very last page of the application.

No need to over emphasis this, i shall let you all know the outcome shortly and you will all be amazed

If you agree with me, UKBA is a confused and very contradicting organization.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 pm

sufferhead wrote:These are the 2 reason that l know for you to make Nationality application straight away after receiving your ILR.
Having said this, we cannot dis-regard let_koko's claims. Anything is possible with UKBA. I've recently witnessed two similar situations with two different results. (Read Khall's Story and compare the same to Punjabis's Story)

WRT Naturalisation, the earliest you can kick-off is 15 months from your DOAfor ILR, if your case was protracted with no fault of yours. Other than this I don't think there is a short-cut. At least not that I know of.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

ILR approved and FLR m

Post by jai_aus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi

I got my ilr approved and have received the bio metrics card today.

I have applied flr m for my wife based on my ILR application .

Now I need to notify UKBA in regards to my ILR approval for them to process FLR (m). Does this mean I will have to send my passport and bio metrics back to them.

In this case which address I will need to send it to and what email or number should I contact to let them know.

I don't want my passport to be lost at ukba.

Anyone who was were in my situation please let me know.

Regards,
Jai

Mani786
Newly Registered

Re: ILR approved and FLR m

Post by Mani786 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi
Congrats that you have received your ILR, I just wanna some information regarding the FLR M, did you provide the original marriage certificate or birth certificate in case of (Child) alongwith your dependants application, please shed some light.

Regards

alisha123
Newly Registered

Post by alisha123 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 pm

I have been a silent reader for a while. My timeline is as follows:

Application type: 10 years long residence
Application made on:12-07-2012
Payment taken out: 31-07-2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 2-08-2012 (dated 31-07-2012)
Biometric letter received: 7-11-2011 ( dated 4-11-12)
Biometric done on: 8-11-12
BRP: WAITING
Passport and other documents: WAITING

I have called UKBA three times but Advisors responding you have to wait.
The wait is really frustrating.

My question is my husband became a British Citizen in January. Can l apply for Naturalization immediately l receive my ILR.
We got married here in UK 9 years ago. I was a student for the first three years. I have been on dependency visa for 9 years now. 5 years as a student dependent, 2 years dependency on post study work and the last 2 years as Tier 1 general dependent.

I have been here legally for over 12 years now. Will really appreciate if someone can respond to my query on NATURALIZATION.

Ged

Post by Ged » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:48 pm

alisha123 wrote:I have been a silent reader for a while. My timeline is as follows:

Application type: 10 years long residence
Application made on:12-07-2012
Payment taken out: 31-07-2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 2-08-2012 (dated 31-07-2012)
Biometric letter received: 7-11-2011 ( dated 4-11-12)
Biometric done on: 8-11-12
BRP: WAITING
Passport and other documents: WAITING

I have called UKBA three times but Advisors responding you have to wait.
The wait is really frustrating.

My question is my husband became a British Citizen in January. Can l apply for Naturalization immediately l receive my ILR.
We got married here in UK 9 years ago. I was a student for the first three years. I have been on dependency visa for 9 years now. 5 years as a student dependent, 2 years dependency on post study work and the last 2 years as Tier 1 general dependent.

I have been here legally for over 12 years now. Will really appreciate if someone can respond to my query on NATURALIZATION.

There is a separate section for British citizenship, so you may want to use that section for such questions. By the way, according to the rules of naturalization, it looks like you will be eligible as soon as you get your ILR since your husband is British citizen and you have been here for more than 3 years.

Pari_in_kwest

Re: FINALLY

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Congratulations!

I recieved my PR on 31st January on the day my Mum passed away. I briefly explain the process here in this article http://www.agimag.co.uk/migrant-in-mour ... narrative/

nats

Got BRP card

Post by nats » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I received my BRP card on 1st March. My wife's application got refused due to my stupid lawyer. He applied for my wife as dependent on same form SET(O). Even I told him that the form is FLR(m). He said no u both can apply on the same form. Now UKBA refused my wife's visa and refusal letter states
"""'Secretary of State is not satisfied that variation of leave is being sought for a purpose covered by Immigration Rules. Therefor your application is refused under paragraph 322(1) of the immigration rules with reference to (HC395) as amended. You are not entitled to appeal as you have still leave to enter or remain and so is entitled to stay here"""'
The weired thing is they did not returned my wife's visa card back. And weiredest thing is my wife's existing visa was going to expire with my visa back in August 2012. So we applied in July 2012. UKBA gone totally mad.

My lawyer said we can challenge ukba and ask them to grant discretionaary leave for ur wife. but after that? should we have to apply FLR(M) after discretionary leave? or we can apply ILR for her after discretion? i dont trust my lawyer anymore. I paid huge fee to him and still have some remaing amout to pay. Has anyone been in this sitation or know anything about it. What should I do now? Should I make fresh application of FLR(M). What are the requirements for FLR(M) like funds etc. I was been on student visa and was not working full time and just been grated ILR.

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Re: Got BRP card

Post by ijaz.khanz » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 pm

hi nats, sorry to hear that u have been very unfortunate, u may make FLR (M) but now acc to new rules u must be earning at least £18600 (with no dependents ) in calender year with the evidences like payslip and salary coming in ur account or been atleast in job for 6 months.
if you wana apply for discretionary leave new rules says that discretionary leave will be for 10 years before u qualify for indefinite and will be initially for 2.5 yrs and then three sets of 2.5 yrs.
if your wife still has valid leave to remain i will suggest to go for FLR (M).

Ged

Post by Ged » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Congratulations!

I recieved my PR on 31st January on the day my Mum passed away. I briefly explain the process here in this article http://www.agimag.co.uk/migrant-in-mour ... narrative/

My condolences and deepest sympathy for your loss and totally unnecessary suffering from the hands of this barbaric organization.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
sufferhead wrote:These are the 2 reason that l know for you to make Nationality application straight away after receiving your ILR.
Having said this, we cannot dis-regard let_koko's claims. Anything is possible with UKBA. I've recently witnessed two similar situations with two different results. (Read Khall's Story and compare the same to Punjabis's Story)

WRT Naturalisation, the earliest you can kick-off is 15 months from your DOAfor ILR, if your case was protracted with no fault of yours. Other than this I don't think there is a short-cut. At least not that I know of.
i agree with you Damamisshallo.
But "let_koko" has send his application already. i hope it won't be very long for the decision for his application.

If that is the case it will only open a door for all of us.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Ged wrote:

My condolences and deepest sympathy for your loss and totally unnecessary suffering from the hands of this barbaric organization.

Please accept my condolences. You have raised very valid point.
I was reading your article. it actually touches my nerves too.
Hope you get through this. We actually needs to get this voicd heard.

jai_aus

Re: ILR approved and FLR m

Post by jai_aus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Mani786 wrote:Hi
Congrats that you have received your ILR, I just wanna some information regarding the FLR M, did you provide the original marriage certificate or birth certificate in case of (Child) alongwith your dependants application, please shed some light.

Regards
I submitted my original marriage certificate, 6 months payslips bank statements and letter from employer to prove the finances,tenancy agreement my ilr acknowledgement letter and few bills both on my and my wife's name.
. I did not add my daughter to the flr m since she was born here and I can apply mn1 for her.

Hope this helps.

Jai

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Punjabis wrote:
Ged wrote:

Please accept my condolences. You have raised very valid point.
I was reading your article. it actually touches my nerves too.
Hope you get through this. We actually needs to get this voicd heard.
I am extremely sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you must have gone through... It must be said that there are not many who are as strong as you are... During last ten years I always had this question on back of mind ... Like what will I do if I some emergency comes up...because it will take ages to withdraw application too...

Will share your article and I hope everyone does to spread the word and change the law to introduce stricter time limits rather than just guidelines.

Jai

nats

Re: Got BRP card

Post by nats » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi Ijaz
Thank you for your suggestion. I want to know that the new rules do apply on me, as i was on student visa and was allowed to work only 20 hours. So how will it possible for me to show funds in this short time as my wife visa has expired. Just to add that my wife is in UK since june 2010. Im sure there must be cases where students apply for ILR and depanent on FLR (M).

ijaz.khanz wrote:hi nats, sorry to hear that u have been very unfortunate, u may
make FLR (M) but now acc to new rules u must be earning at least £18600 (with no dependents ) in calender year with the evidences like payslip and salary coming in ur account or been atleast in job for 6 months.
if you wana apply for discretionary leave new rules says that discretionary leave will be for 10 years before u qualify for indefinite and will be initially for 2.5 yrs and then three sets of 2.5 yrs.
if your wife still has valid leave to remain i will suggest to go for FLR (M).

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:00 am

Guys let koko may not be wrong in 1 sense. let me give you some more info,

7.5 Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12
months may normally be exercised if:
a. at the date of application, the applicant has had less than 12
months free of conditions but has been free of conditions for
more than 12 months by the time the application is considered,
provided the other requirements are met; or

b. a time limit was imposed inappropriately on return to the UK after
a visit abroad, and the applicant subsequently demonstrates
eligibility for returning resident status or entitlement to an
exemption under s.8(2), 8(3) or 8(4) of the Immigration Act
1971, as amended by s.4 of the Immigration Act 1988 (see
paragraph 9.1 below) – NB. Special considerations apply where
to applicants in the British Armed Forces who may be exempt
under s.8(4)(a) (see Annex B(i)); or

c. the period of limited leave was less than 10 days at the
beginning of the 12 month period before the date of application;
or

d. the period of limited leave was between 10 and 90 days at the
beginning of the 12 month period, if other statutory requirements,
including the other residence requirements, are met and the
applicant has demonstrated established links through the
presence here of home, family and a substantial part of estate;
or

e. the period of limited leave was more than 90 days at the
beginning of the 12 month period, and the other statutory
requirements, including the other residence requirements, are
met, only if :
i. the applicant has established links with the UK through
presence here of home, family and a substantial part of
estate, and
ii. there are compelling business or compassionate reasons
to justify granting the application now; or

f. the period of limited leave exceeded 10 days at the beginning of
the 12 months period, and the other statutory requirements,
including the other residence requirements, are not met, only in
the most exceptional circumstances and if the criteria at e. above
are met; or

g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain,
made more than 15 months before the citizenship application,
had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing
ILR was eventually granted. This can include applications for
asylum which have resulted in the grant of ILR (you should note
that any asylum cases granted on or after the 30 August 2005
will not result in ILR, applicants will instead be given limited
leave) ; or

h. an application for asylum or leave to remain was refused but
later acknowledged to be an incorrect decision and the
appropriate leave granted and had the correct decision been
made at the outset, the applicant could have applied for ILR
earlier and met this requirement on the date of consideration
NB. In the case of applicants in categories 7.4.e and 7.4.f
above: If information has not been provided to indicate
that there are any special grounds to justify the exercise of
discretion, we should assume that no special
circumstances exist and consider the application on the
basis of the information available (i.e. there is no need to
send a Residence Questionnaire).

there are 8 exception in total. Have a look C, D, E, F and make your comments.
Last edited by jitu_2677 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Some possible useful information for people apply uni jobs

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:03 am

Hi All

I hope this information may be useful for those who are currently waiting for decision and trying to apply for jobs in UK university. I am still waiting for my ILR decision after 6.5 months. These information are what I have experienced and are not advice.

I am a PhD student doing final correction. I expect to grad in July. I am trying to finalise a part time job (20Hours/week) in other department of the same university. I applied my ILR via my solicitor back in AUG.

According to the HR, the rules are much stricter now after the incident at MET uni last year. They require a lot of proof. I have to give them:

1. A certified copy of passport.
2. My certificate (even i was grad from the same uni, but they still insist to have a copy, don't know why??)
3. Student Visa
4. The university also need to contact HO to confirm my application (takes 1.5 weeks)

Unfortunately, all these documents are still with UKBA. Luckily for me, my solicitor had a copies and he was happy to do it for free for this once. (for some other solicitor, it would cost per page.)

The only possible useful info with this post may be that, if you may work in Uni during your waiting time, find a way you can certify the passport and certificate photocopies before you apply ILR. If my solicitor didn't keep one copy, my university wasn't going to employ me.

Good luck to us all waiting. Will let you know the decision of my ILR.