ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:42 am

Guys, going by UKBA, i should not have been given ILR based on 10 years, but i tried it and i got it, if you read my post, you'll see a particular question that i asked Daainisalao, but this organisation is shit and inconsistent

I posted the info, just to create opportunity for others in case mine is successful, in 1 month or so, i will let you all know the outcome, i think its worth trying as driving convictions could cause a 5 years delay b4 applying and am not ready to take the risk as i have 9 points already on my licence and i was lucky to escape a fine few months ago, having been stopped for no insurance (complicated case cos i do have insurance, but error on the policy invalidated it), but i waited for 6 months, i did not get a court summon.

Am not a rich boy neither do i wanna waste that money, but its worth trying and i hope it goes well, so this can open doors for all others

Realistically, 10 years in a foreign land is damn longgggg, you have all right in the country and in UK, all you need is 5 years qualifying period
Lets wait and see

In addition, why is it that my elder brother got his Naturalization a day after he got his ILR. Below is his situation
He came to UK with a student visa in 2009
He married his wife, a british national in 2010, after spending a year in Uk
He got his ILR in 2012 and he went to the checking center and he was told to wait for a year, he decided to post it, withing 6 weeks, he was naturalized, because his 1 year as a student was counted towards the qualifying period, which is applicable to all of us

Remember, UKBA will never tell you your right
Thanks

jitu_2677

naturalization

Post by jitu_2677 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 am

he has supposed to get naturalization as he married a British citizen. anybody get ilr and his/ her partner is a british national , they can apply for naturalization very next day. But your position is different from your brother.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 am

let_koko wrote:Guys, going by UKBA, i should not have been given ILR based on 10 years, but i tried it and i got it, if you read my post, you'll see a particular question that i asked Daainisalao, but this organisation is shit and inconsistent

I posted the info, just to create opportunity for others in case mine is successful, in 1 month or so, i will let you all know the outcome, i think its worth trying as driving convictions could cause a 5 years delay b4 applying and am not ready to take the risk as i have 9 points already on my licence and i was lucky to escape a fine few months ago, having been stopped for no insurance (complicated case cos i do have insurance, but error on the policy invalidated it), but i waited for 6 months, i did not get a court summon.

Am not a rich boy neither do i wanna waste that money, but its worth trying and i hope it goes well, so this can open doors for all others

Realistically, 10 years in a foreign land is damn longgggg, you have all right in the country and in UK, all you need is 5 years qualifying period
Lets wait and see

In addition, why is it that my elder brother got his Naturalization a day after he got his ILR. Below is his situation
He got his ILR in 2012 and he went to the checking center and he was told to wait for a year, he decided to post it, withing 6 weeks, he was naturalized, because his 1 year as a student was counted towards the qualifying period, which is applicable to all of us

Thanks
You see, you have throw more light to it now, because your brother's case is totally different to yours ,I hope the confusion you meant at UKBA work in your favour for your Nationality Application, because if your application is assessed according to the Legislation it will be refused but if otherwise (UKBA been Confused) it may be successful . Please don't get me wrong and take everything I posted are as if is one on one discussion . You satisfied yourself with rules wrongly before making the application. You see the people that advised you at the Council to wait until 12 months before making your application are well trained people on UK Immigration Law by UK Government, so the know what they are saying . Gambling £851 with a confused organisation is not a good ideal when you can wait 12 months after all you have waits 10 years before. Hope you know that you cannot appeal Nationality decision unless their is mistake on the part of UKBA.
Please help others by posting the outcome.
Best of Luck.
nothing united in United Nation.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FINALLY

Post by saanju9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Congratulations!

I recieved my PR on 31st January on the day my Mum passed away. I briefly explain the process here in this article http://www.agimag.co.uk/migrant-in-mour ... narrative/
I am so sorry for you is all I can say. However, that's a fighting spirit I read in your article.

Thanks for sharing your tragic story with us. It certainly did pushed the boundary my of patience with UKBA.

Bastards run these organisations who have no respect for human values. All I can say is let God give them some heart to love and show mercy to others. And as your article says, we all immigrants should come forward to fight this exploration of taking our dignity and basic human rights for such a long time

S

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 am

let_koko wrote:Guys, going by UKBA, i should not have been given ILR based on 10 years, but i tried it and i got it, if you read my post, you'll see a particular question that i asked Daainisalao, but this organisation is shit and inconsistent

Lets wait and see

Thanks

Hope you will be successful mate... looks like you have got plenty of it...LUCK

S

Pari_in_kwest

Re: FINALLY

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks for your wishes. Yes you all are right it is a huge loss. I couldn't keep silent anymore and had to speak out. I hope we all could collectively raise points. We are within our rights to demand change. I wish you all luck with your application and hope that none of you have to go through what I had to. I hope UKBA gets to read this and all the comments.

Ged

Re: NATURALIZATION

Post by Ged » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:25 pm

jitu_2677 wrote:Guys let koko may not be wrong in 1 sense. let me give you some more info,

7.5 Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12
months may normally be exercised if:
a. at the date of application, the applicant has had less than 12
months free of conditions but has been free of conditions for
more than 12 months by the time the application is considered,
provided the other requirements are met; or

b. a time limit was imposed inappropriately on return to the UK after
a visit abroad, and the applicant subsequently demonstrates
eligibility for returning resident status or entitlement to an
exemption under s.8(2), 8(3) or 8(4) of the Immigration Act
1971, as amended by s.4 of the Immigration Act 1988 (see
paragraph 9.1 below) – NB. Special considerations apply where
to applicants in the British Armed Forces who may be exempt
under s.8(4)(a) (see Annex B(i)); or

c. the period of limited leave was less than 10 days at the
beginning of the 12 month period before the date of application;
or

d. the period of limited leave was between 10 and 90 days at the
beginning of the 12 month period, if other statutory requirements,
including the other residence requirements, are met and the
applicant has demonstrated established links through the
presence here of home, family and a substantial part of estate;
or

e. the period of limited leave was more than 90 days at the
beginning of the 12 month period, and the other statutory
requirements, including the other residence requirements, are
met, only if :
i. the applicant has established links with the UK through
presence here of home, family and a substantial part of
estate, and
ii. there are compelling business or compassionate reasons
to justify granting the application now; or

f. the period of limited leave exceeded 10 days at the beginning of
the 12 months period, and the other statutory requirements,
including the other residence requirements, are not met, only in
the most exceptional circumstances and if the criteria at e. above
are met; or

g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain,
made more than 15 months before the citizenship application,
had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing
ILR was eventually granted. This can include applications for
asylum which have resulted in the grant of ILR (you should note
that any asylum cases granted on or after the 30 August 2005
will not result in ILR, applicants will instead be given limited
leave) ; or

h. an application for asylum or leave to remain was refused but
later acknowledged to be an incorrect decision and the
appropriate leave granted and had the correct decision been
made at the outset, the applicant could have applied for ILR
earlier and met this requirement on the date of consideration
NB. In the case of applicants in categories 7.4.e and 7.4.f
above: If information has not been provided to indicate
that there are any special grounds to justify the exercise of
discretion, we should assume that no special
circumstances exist and consider the application on the
basis of the information available (i.e. there is no need to
send a Residence Questionnaire).

there are 8 exception in total. Have a look C, D, E, F and make your comments.
I do feel Let koko is too optimist but I also saw the following British nationality Act 1981:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/schedule/1

Paragraph 1 explains the requirements. 1(2)(c) clearly says you need this 12 moths period free from immigration requirements. However in the Paragraph 2, it says they can ignore it all if they want to:

If in the special circumstances of any particular case the Secretary of State thinks fit, he may for the purposes of paragraph 1 do all or any of the following things, namely—
(a)treat the applicant as fulfilling the requirement specified in paragraph 1(2)(a) or paragraph 1(2)(b), or both, although the number of days on which he was absent from the United Kingdom in the period there mentioned exceeds the number there mentioned;
(b)treat the applicant as having been in the United Kingdom for the whole or any part of any period during which he would otherwise fall to be treated under paragraph 9(1) as having been absent;
(c)disregard any such restriction as is mentioned in paragraph 1(2)(c), not being a restriction to which the applicant was subject on the date of the application;
(d)treat the applicant as fulfilling the requirement specified in paragraph 1(2)(d) although he was in the United Kingdom in breach of the immigration laws in the period there mentioned;
(e)waive the need to fulfil [F2either or both of the requirements specified in paragraph 1(1)(c) and (ca)] if he considers that because of the applicant’s age or physical or mental condition it would be unreasonable to [F3expect him to fulfil that requirement or those requirements] .

This (particularly (c)) tells me that other than the 5 (or 3) years requirement, any other requirement is actually up to the case worker's discretion. They can ignore 12 months rule completely or do whatever they want with the rest of the requirements. I do not know however, if or why they will use this discretion.

It will be interesting to see what Let Koko gets for his brave (mad?) attempt. I would welcome any input from the fellow members.

alisha123
Newly Registered

Post by alisha123 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

I contacted my MP last 2 weeks and this is the response l got. Has any one experienced this before? My application is one week short of 8 months.

Dear Alisha123,

Thank you for your email to Nicola regarding your outstanding Indefinite Leave To Remain application.

We have contacted the UK Border Agency and they confirm that your application has been received and that your case is under active consideration. There is unfortunately no timescale for completion. Until recently the UKBA were saying that cases were being dealt with within six months, as most are, but they are no longer offering that as a guide owing to a heavy workload.

Please note that there is no formal role for MPs to speed up applications unless there are serious mitigating circumstances, such as on the medical grounds of family members or bereavement etc. I am afraid, therefore, that unless you are in these circumstances, there is little we can do to assist you at the moment other than to pass on the UKBA’s assurance that your case will be dealt with in due course.

However, the UKBA have now formally registered on your file that an MP is interested in your case and so please do get back to me if you would like your case to be enquired about in the future.

Best wishes

Paul

Now they are admitting they are overwhelmed with massive work load. I wonder how long it will take to hear from them.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 pm

is there a way that we all could come up with a set of demands for the UKBA? I guess Enough is Enough!! People are feeling suicidal.. I won't be surprised if more people come out and express this emotion.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Looking to apply for my family FLR M

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi everyone

I am looking to apply for my family on FLR ( M) my application for ILR is still under process, For my dependent I have to fill separate form for each family member or one form for all. My family are my dependent on tier1 visa last four years, either still I have to show my income or not.
Redundant salary can be countable for income for FLR (M) application or not?
My employer transfer few month salary in my account and rest use to get cash, I regular deposit cash in my account, employer gave me all wage slips too, any issue in this regards

Please your advice, on these issues will be great.

Regards
Amjad leeds

Punjabis

Re: Looking to apply for my family FLR M

Post by Punjabis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I am looking to apply for my family on FLR ( M) my application for ILR is still under process, For my dependent I have to fill separate form for each family member or one form for all. My family are my dependent on tier1 visa last four years, either still I have to show my income or not.
My employer transfer few month salary in my account and rest use to get cash, I regular deposit cash in my account, employer gave me all wage slips too, any issue in this regards

Regards
Amjad leeds
Amjadleeds you might not need to apply for FLR(m)

How long is your wife with you in UK as tier 1g dependent?
Also if they have enough time you can wait, than do wait. You might get your reply back. When did you apply for 10 yr (ILR).

Arulsan

Post by Arulsan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 pm

I am applying for my wife FLR(M) by end of this month. As I am the sponsor for my wife (I am under new rule) I have to submit a letter from my employer with other documents. Could anyone direct me to the link of the employer letter format if there is one in our forum.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Punjabis wrote:

Regards
Amjad leeds

Also if they have enough time you can wait, than do wait. You might get your reply back. When did you apply for 10 yr (ILR).
Hi I applied on 25th OCT , my family going to run out visa next week, so I must have to apply , I am not sure how long further my application will take.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:17 pm

[quote="Arulsan"]I am applying for my wife FLR(M) by end of this month. As I am the sponsor for my wife (I am under new rule) I have to submit a letter from my employer with other documents. Could anyone

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm

amjadleeds wrote:
Punjabis wrote:

Regards
Amjad leeds

Hi I applied on 25th OCT , my family going to run out visa next week, so I must have to apply , I am not sure how long further my application will take.

Before you apply have a look at my quote on page 275.
Also you do not need to show the minimum requirement salary. But you must show you will be Able to maintain your family without public funds.

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:32 am

Don't wish to bust anyone's bubbles but why are there so many discussions on this thread Re:FLR(M) as I don't think it's relevant to this conversation topic.

Also its been over 6 months for me (applied on the 18th of Aug) called MP & UKBA - everyone is asking to wait ( I wasn't expecting any miracles).

Also I think it would be interesting to know if someone actually gets British Nationality immediately upon getting ILR.

also really sad to read Pari_in_kwest's story - My heart goes out to you.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 am

lambu1 wrote:Don't wish to bust anyone's bubbles but why are there so many discussions on this thread Re:FLR(M) as I don't think it's relevant to this conversation topic.

Also its been over 6 months for me (applied on the 18th of Aug) called MP & UKBA - everyone is asking to wait ( I wasn't expecting any miracles).

Also I think it would be interesting to know if someone actually gets British Nationality immediately upon getting ILR.

I agree that generally everyone should stick to the topic but most of us have a wife, husband or children who are subject to the special circumstances imposed by the nature of "10 years lawful residence" category. So I am personally happy to see people write about FLR and citizenship subjects as long as they are 10 years category related. They are all relevant to the subject of 10 years category in my humble opinion.

inception
Newly Registered

july applicants

Post by inception » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am

hello july applicants

any update from
jewellondon,
ali-80,
eryck,
Hwima,
tapi98,
Sanji100,
andie_83,
kjess,
rassel2013

Hope someone will give us good news today

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

inzi2k

Re: july applicants

Post by inzi2k » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 pm

[quote]any update from
jewellondon,
ali-80,
eryck,
Hwima,
tapi98,
Sanji100,
andie_83,
kjess,
rassel2013[/quote]

I am the first one of August so look for July guys everyday, Its not moving !!!
Only one person got the ILR in many days.
Last edited by inzi2k on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ali-80
Newly Registered

Post by ali-80 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm

still waiting its now 8 months.

tapi98
Newly Registered

July Applicant

Post by tapi98 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Nothing yet the wait continues.Phoned them twice and the answer is not yet complete

Ged

Skydrive is in mess again

Post by Ged » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Someone destroyed the order of rows in the sky-drive yet again. How difficult can it be to use an excel sheet without destroying it. I wonder if it is time to remove filters from the spread sheet in order to make it harder to destroy?

dreamfriend

Re: Skydrive is in mess again

Post by dreamfriend » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Ged wrote:Someone destroyed the order of rows in the sky-drive yet again. How difficult can it be to use an excel sheet without destroying it. I wonder if it is time to remove filters from the spread sheet in order to make it harder to destroy?
Its back to normal :)

Please guys if you done your biometrics please update sky drive. Thanks

pokhreligautam
Akki
K77
Rensal
nadeem toheed
nikcu0
HR

bilaluk
Newly Registered

Post by bilaluk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi guys,

I've added my timeline in Skydrive. Applied on 18th August, No refusals, no gaps and STILL waiting! Called UKBA and the answer is 'Your file hasn't been completed yet. You need to continue waiting!!''

Well, this is assumed that this isn't completed yet because I haven't received any correspondence from you, so, what kind of status report is this?

I would like to find at what stage of this not being completed. i.e, with a caseworker, more information required or something else?

UKBA are so behind in this electronic age.

And yes, Skydrive suggests some people applied after my time received a decision, even from September and October. Discrimination, it definitely isn't in the order as the applications are received.

Many thanks

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Ged wrote:
lambu1 wrote:Don't wish to bust anyone's bubbles but why are there so many discussions on this thread Re:FLR(M) as I don't think it's relevant to this conversation topic.

I agree that generally everyone should stick to the topic but most of us have a wife, husband or children who are subject to the special circumstances imposed by the nature of "10 years lawful residence" category. So I am personally happy to see people write about FLR and citizenship subjects as long as they are 10 years category related. They are all relevant to the subject of 10 years category in my humble opinion.

I agree with both of you.. but some people are posting random questions such as a document specimen from sponsor for FLR(M). that is in general to FLR(M) and other people who are applying for FLR(M) wouldn't look at it in this thread

I am not accusing you guys... but just saying if that sort of posts are posted in the right thread, others will be benefiting from them....

But yes if there is a question something related 10yr - ILR and there by FLR(M). I think this is the right place.

Certainly right place, when one have a wife like mine, who certainly don't care and I am the only one to get information (that's a joke..if your spying on me and reading this post)....

Saanju