ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rowantree
Newly Registered

Re: timeline

Post by rowantree » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 am

hd wrote:OCI Application: 29-January-2013 (Postal, London)
OCI acknowledgement : 18-February-2013
OCI Photo/Signature Scanned : 27-February-2013
OCI granted :
OCI documents printed :
OCI dispatched from Delhi :
OCI documents Recd London :
OCI stamped :
Mine was posted to London on the 5th of Feb, Royal Mail ack was on the 6th of Feb but got the OCI acknowledgement on the 27th of Feb. The 'scanning' has been under process for over a week now. I wonder if they are short staffed and do this once a week during lunch break!

mishbha
Newly Registered

Post by mishbha » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am

Applied in person at HCI, London on 26-02-2013 and Acknowledged the same day.
Status is still "Under Process". Even the photograph is not scanned.
Anybody else has applied around this time in person? Probably it is taking much more time these days..

Sidwho2000
Newly Registered

Post by Sidwho2000 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

mishbha wrote:Applied in person at HCI, London on 26-02-2013 and Acknowledged the same day.
Anybody else has applied around this time in person? Probably it is taking much more time these days..
I applied on 14/02/13 and mine registration is granted on 06/03/13 still not printed yet?

Rajkot123
Newly Registered

Post by Rajkot123 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:23 am

Found below on Indian High Commission London website link is http://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html

13.The status of my OCI document in the online status enquiry is 'Granted' and but has not been printed even after a week. What is the problem?

This means that the photograph uploaded could not be printed in Delhi. To rectify this, please take a copy of the status report and paste a fresh photograph (51x51mm with 80% coverage of face) on the left hand below the status report copy & sign (thumb impression in case of infants) on the right hand side opposite to the photo and submit it at token counter of High Commission or send by post. This will be scanned and uploaded again. This process is likely to take a further period of up to two weeks and the progress can be watched through status enquiry

My application status is still "GRANTED" since 4/3/2013, NOT printed yet.... wondering whether delay is due to photo or other reason ?????

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:30 am

ssachida wrote:Same here:

Acknowleged 6th feb
Scanned 12th feb
Granted 26th feb

Not printed yet
Any updates on your OCI printing guys, ssachida, jko_71 and SNG?
My application has been 'Granted' since 27th Feb but hasn't been printed yet.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 am

bit relieved.. printed today 8)

granted on 25-Feb
printed on 11-Mar

SNG
Newly Registered

Post by SNG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
ssachida wrote:Same here:

Acknowleged 6th feb
Scanned 12th feb
Granted 26th feb

Not printed yet
Any updates on your OCI printing guys, ssachida, jko_71 and SNG?
My application has been 'Granted' since 27th Feb but hasn't been printed yet.
Mine is not printed yet, JKO_71 posted- printed today. hopefully mine tomorrow :roll:

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

SNG wrote: Mine is not printed yet, JKO_71 posted- printed today. hopefully mine tomorrow :roll:
And mine probably the day after you ! Fingers crossed. Please will you keep us posted.

ami123
Newly Registered
India

Post by ami123 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Sidwho2000 wrote:
mishbha wrote:Applied in person at HCI, London on 26-02-2013 and Acknowledged the same day.
I applied on 14/02/13 and mine registration is granted on 06/03/13 still not printed yet?
I have applied in person on 26/2/2013 hci London .
Status today(11 march):scanned

sandeepi4
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepi4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm

love_my_country wrote:
love_my_country wrote:
sandeepi4 wrote:I sent my OCI application by post on 1st Feb and still haven't had the acknowledgement. This is a painfully slooooooow process.
I am in same boat, Sent my application on 4th Feb, Not yet acknowledged, What a pain , one of the worst high commission/embassy. Tried calling them but no response.
Update, Mine got acknowledged today
@love_my_country - any update on your application? Mine is still struck in acknowledgement since 28th Feb.

love_my_country
Newly Registered

Post by love_my_country » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

sandeepi4 wrote:
love_my_country wrote:
love_my_country wrote:
sandeepi4 wrote:I sent my OCI application by post on 1st Feb and still haven't had the acknowledgement. This is a painfully slooooooow process.
I am in same boat, Sent my application on 4th Feb, Not yet acknowledged, What a pain , one of the worst high commission/embassy. Tried calling them but no response.
Update, Mine got acknowledged today
@love_my_country - any update on your application? Mine is still struck in acknowledgement since 28th Feb.
Mine is same...No idea what the hell these people are doing :-((

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:01 am

bizarre.. cant see my print details today.. status goes back to "granted" and print remains blank !!

its only for me not for my dependents, though !!

rkg1
Newly Registered

print status

Post by rkg1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 am

OCI Granted on 7th March, but hasnt been printed yet..

funny009
Newly Registered

OCI Update

Post by funny009 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 am

Hello Every one there,

just wondering if anyone made an application near the time as folllows :

i sent an OCI application by post to OCI London on 20th February 2013.

but hasnt been acknowledge so just wondering if anyone sent around that time.

Thanks

mjohn
Newly Registered

Print status

Post by mjohn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi,
I applied for my minor child at CGI Birmingham in person. Applied on 24/12/2012 and got acknowledged same day.
Photo scanned on 16/01/2013 and OCI Granted on 05/03/2013. Till now its not been printed. As per one of the posts in this area I saw that if your status is still not printed even after a week of being granted, then there would be a problem with printing the photo at Delhi and that we need to send another photo. I emailed CGI Birmingham raising this concern but was told that if there are any issues with the application, the applicant will be informed either via email(if it was given in application) or the applicant will see a message regarding the same whilst checking their OCI Status online. So all those who are fretting about something being not right with their application due to the delay in printing after their status is granted, do not worry if you have not seen any message in your email or on the status enquiry page. There is a delay which I was told was due to it being peak season(common excuse) or some technical issue at Delhi. Although I must insist that this is my personal conclusion and its better that each candidate inquire with their respective CGI where they sent their application.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

jko_71 wrote:bizarre.. cant see my print details today.. status goes back to "granted" and print remains blank !!

its only for me not for my dependents, though !!
jko_71 - Can you now see your 'printing status'?

SNG, ssachida - Any news on your front with regards to the 'OCI printing'?

I emailed HCI Delhi and the reply was along the lines of "There are printing problems and efforts are made to sort out the problem ASAP".

I'm getting really worried.

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 am

mine is same, printing blank !

though bit happy, my dependents documents dispatched from delhi..

have written to them regarding my printing issue, nothing heard back yet !

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 am

jko_71 wrote:mine is same, printing blank !

though bit happy, my dependents documents dispatched from delhi..

have written to them regarding my printing issue, nothing heard back yet !
Atleast, your dependents documents were dispatched within couple of days of printing. That sounds positive.

sandeepi4
Newly Registered

hopeless situation...

Post by sandeepi4 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 am

I'm getting desperate here. I need to be in India by early 10th April.

Submitted 1 Feb 2013 (Postal London)
Date of acknowledgement : 28 Feb 2013
Registration Status at Misson: Underprocess

I cannot see any "Photo/Signature scanned" section on the OCI Status enquiry page as others have indicated . See the image below.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4685252/oci.jpg[img]

Can anyone else see this section or have they changed the format of Status page?

Also, does anyone know if going to embassy to enquire might get things moving again? Please advise.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: hopeless situation...

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 am

sandeepi4 wrote:I'm getting desperate here. I need to be in India by early 10th April.

Submitted 1 Feb 2013 (Postal London)
Date of acknowledgement : 28 Feb 2013
Registration Status at Misson: Underprocess

I cannot see any "Photo/Signature scanned" section on the OCI Status enquiry page as others have indicated . See the image below.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4685252/oci.jpg[img]

Can anyone else see this section or have they changed the format of Status page?

Also, does anyone know if going to embassy to enquire might get things moving again? Please advise.
Were you means testing your luck? HCI/CGI clearly mention if your tarvel need is urgeng then get visa!

Sorry for being blunt, but I see theres no point quoting situation being hopeless!

For the record I have long term visa and OCI is process, and been to India couple times since got visa!

Good luck.

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

mine's been granted on Feb26th and still not printed. i'll wait till the end of the week, but may go into the HCI with a new photo next week.

Has anyone done this? Do you still have to get a token at noon and join the regular application submission process to submit an additional photo?

vishalsoni31
Newly Registered

Post by vishalsoni31 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

I am in similar situation. OCI granted on the 27th of Feb 2013 but no updates from them since then. I emailed HCI and got a response stating technical problem with Printing. Its been over 10 days now. We provide IT support all over the world but cannot fix our own printing issues for a week. I hope i receive some update by end of this week.

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks vishalsoni31. Would you mind telling me which email address you used to enquire off HCI?

Thanks.

vishalsoni31
Newly Registered

Post by vishalsoni31 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi Ssachida, i emailed them on att.oci@hcilondon.in Also i received a response from them today. I had send them another email inquiring if it would be possible for me to collect the OCI from India itself. I asked if the documents were not dispatched once printed i can go to Delhi and collect from them. They refused and said that it is not possible. Lets hope this can be resolved asap.

All the best with your application.

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank you. I'll let you know what they tell me. Good luck to you too.