ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lolita123
Newly Registered

Re: 14 years ILR

Post by lolita123 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:19 am

Harik wrote:
Harik wrote:Hi I'm new member. I thought I should post my timesclae.

Postal application on 18 Jun 2012
Acknowledgement on 20 Jun 2012
Payment taken on 19 Jun 2012
Biometric done on 20 Aug 2012

Waiting for decision....
OK. I've good news to share. My solicitors says my documents are returned today (13 Feb 2012).
Biometric to follow in 7days.
Congrats Harik!

Thank you so much for updating us! I made my application 3 weeks after yours in July and am patiently waiting. I know it wont be long now.

Seems all July applications are still pending. I will keep you all posted.

If you applied in July SET(O) and receive your documents , we would be very grateful if you let us know please

Does anyone know when you can apply for citizenship after you receive your ILR?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!

:D

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 am

just wondering if the inevitable happens and a refusal is issued.do we have recourse to legal aid when appealing,funds exhausted now.congrats harik

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:16 pm

lolita123 there are a few of us who applied in July and have been updating this forum with our progress and are all awaiting ILR. Re citizenship hope this is useful: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

missmykid in the event that you are refused ILR, I doubt that you will be allowed legal aid / public funds to appeal - does anyone know otherwise? If yes, please advise.

yumedo

Re: 1 days to my clarification interview

Post by yumedo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:10 pm

lola56uk wrote:
yumedo wrote:
lola56uk wrote:[quote="yumedo?
No worries - we are all friends on this forum . I was always thought that sharing is caring !!!!
I know I have mentioned this before but please all make sure you send well documented files to the HO; if a legal representative is helping you make sure you are satisfied with the layout !!!!; remember you are paying for their services therefore they can only advise you buy you have the last word .
If you have any missing documents or gap in your history ; a well documented file and covering letters will suffice.
Thanks Lola I will keep this in mind

Klow

Post by Klow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Approved !!! Woohoo !!!

My solicitor call me this morning and told me that my application has been approved & BRP card has arrived today !!!

Here's my timeline:

Apply for SET(O) 14 years

2012/07/06 Application sent with cheque
2012/07/2x Received letter from Bank that cheque had been bounced back!!! but nothing from H.O., thanks god for that.
2012/07/2x Next day, banker draft with cover letter sent to H.O.
2012/07/2x Acknowledgement letter received
2012/09/0x received Biometric invitation, done next day
2012/12/0x ask for my pictures, may be they have lost it?
2013/01/11 received Biometric invitation AGAIN! H.O. confused mine & my brother's application
2013/01/13 Cover letter with all photocopies send to H.O. to clear things up.
2013/02/21 Received BRP card & Letter for my application.

Thanks to all the supports!!! I'll be back here as my brother has just done his Biometric enrolment 2-3 weeks ago.

Zebrudaya

July 2012 14 years ILR approved!

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Dear klow

Congratulations on getting approval for your 14 years ILR. Please give us more details. This hopefully means that they have started working on applications sent in July 2012, on or before 9th July 2012. This is good news for our members because the long wait is too stressful.

Klow

Post by Klow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Zebrudaya,

I thought my last post was quite details, if you start reading from page 14,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=260

then you will probably know what happen to me.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Many conglatulation Klow and Harik

L_Faith
Newly Registered

Post by L_Faith » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi I'm new on here but I've been reading this board for the past year. I received a call from my solicitor today to say that my application has been approved. I'm off to celebrate the awesome news :)

A little ray of hope for all July applicants that they're working on the applications. Hold on and have Faith, we shall all rejoice by God's grace.

Klow

Post by Klow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Question:

Can I apply UK passport now? I heard from someone that I need to wait for a year, then apply UK passport. Is that true?

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:05 am

Klow wrote:Question:

Can I apply UK passport now? I heard from someone that I need to wait for a year, then apply UK passport. Is that true?
Congratulations Klow - this is very good news and I hope your brother's comes sooner rather than later - now you can relax and start earning some money!! Re applying for UK passport, I posted something earlier which I am copying again here - hope this helps: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

I wish you all the best for the future - take care and God bless!!

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 am

Klow wrote:Approved !!! Woohoo !!!

My solicitor call me this morning and told me that my application has been approved & BRP card has arrived today !!!

Here's my timeline:

Apply for SET(O) 14 years

2012/07/06 Application sent with cheque
2012/07/2x Received letter from Bank that cheque had been bounced back!!! but nothing from H.O., thanks god for that.
2012/07/2x Next day, banker draft with cover letter sent to H.O.
2012/07/2x Acknowledgement letter received
2012/09/0x received Biometric invitation, done next day
2012/12/0x ask for my pictures, may be they have lost it?
2013/01/11 received Biometric invitation AGAIN! H.O. confused mine & my brother's application
2013/01/13 Cover letter with all photocopies send to H.O. to clear things up.
2013/02/21 Received BRP card & Letter for my application.

Thanks to all the supports!!! I'll be back here as my brother has just done his Biometric enrolment 2-3 weeks ago.
Wow - this is real good news , what better way to celebrate February.
Congratulations Klow. I am so happy and excited for you.
Hopefully all July-12 applicants will start hearing something sooner than later !!!
Book a holiday somewhere nice and hot later in Europe.
Agin congrats , earn some money & smile always !!!!

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 am

You will have to wait for 5 years before you qualify for British citizenship, If at any point in the last five years you were in breach of immigration rules. e.g overstaying.

But if you were waiting for decision for the last 5 years, You might argue that you did comply with all immigration rules in the last 5 years and you can apply within one year. Many who have been waiting for over 5 years have done successfully. I think lola56uk might try this.

Conglatulation L_Faith.

L_Faith
Newly Registered

Post by L_Faith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm

diggingdeep wrote:

You will have to wait for 5 years before you qualify for British citizenship, If at any point in the last five years you were in breach of immigration rules. e.g overstaying.

But if you were waiting for decision for the last 5 years, You might argue that you did comply with all immigration rules in the last 5 years and you can apply within one year. Many who have been waiting for over 5 years have done successfully. I think lola56uk might try this.

Conglatulation L_Faith.
Thanks diggingdeep.

Hopeful2

New Immigration Fees Proposed subject to Parliamentary appro

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Hello all, just thought I would share this with you - subject to Parliamentary approval, with effect from 6 April 2013 (and 1 July 2013 for a select few) the following fees have been proposed: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 9-new-fees. If approved, this will obviously put a strain on the purses of future applicants so please advise any potential applicants you know so they can start saving for any applications they may be making after this date.

Details of proposed fees in the written ministerial statement below:
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... rging-wms/

Full timetable of proposed fees below:
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... iew=Binary

lola56uk

Re: New Immigration Fees Proposed subject to Parliamentary a

Post by lola56uk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello all, just thought I would share this with you - subject to Parliamentary approval, with effect from 6 April 2013 (and 1 July 2013 for a select few) the following fees have been proposed: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 9-new-fees. If approved, this will obviously put a strain on the purses of future applicants so please advise any potential applicants you know so they can start saving for any applications they may be making after this date.

Details of proposed fees in the written ministerial statement below:
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... rging-wms/

Full timetable of proposed fees below:
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... iew=Binary

Thanks for sharing Hopeful2 - This is ridiculous , Its bad enough we are paying through our noses already. Anyway's lets be thankful that the increment is not that significant for most .

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Congrats! Klow, that is a great news, very encouraging!

My situation is similar to yours, a little short of 14 years qualifying time, I arrived in the mid Sep 1998. Do you mind to list the documents that you have sent to the UKBA? It will be of a great help for me.

Thank you, diggingdeep, lola56uk, Magga1, the information is very useful to me. This website should add a PM warning function.

Soon, it will be 8 months since people like us submitted the applications. UKBA's Statistics shows that more then 1000 people applied 14 years ILR on the month of July 2012, doubled the previous months' applicians. So I guess it will be at least 1 or 2 more months' waiting. Fingers crossed, we all get the ILR eventually.

And please do keep us posted if you get a response from the UKBA.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

londongirl259
Newly Registered

ILR 14yrs

Post by londongirl259 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:04 pm

I have been following the post of ILR 14yrs for few months now, as this is the only place i could find comfort that am not the only person in the boat. The waiting process could be very lonely. Anyway thought i share my experience as i have been waiting for a decision since i applied just before the rule changed on 9th July 2012. I had a solicitor deal with my case from the beginning and he's told me he would start chasing UKBA from this month.

Application for ILR 14years sent 6/07/2012
Biometric invitation rcvd: 19/09/2012
Still waiting

Klow

Post by Klow » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi pgmiot & londongirl259,

I used to use pay solicitor, which causing all the problem to me and had to wait for 14 years. There are also some good one, which helps my friend get their ILR as they promised my friend. So find some recommendation solicitor if you need helps

I'm very lucky. There's a community law centre that I can get advice from and help me through my whole application. They gets sponsor from local community and I'm broked, so I help to design poster for them to get sponsorship in return and bring them some tea snack whenever I pass by their office :-)

The documents I sent had been chosen by my community solicitor before they sent my application. Mainly are the documents with date as early as possible:

- bank statements from day 1 of my banking,
- school entrance letter in Sept 1998,
- photocopy of my passport with stamp 31/08/1998, because home office lost my passport & documents in 2006,
- cover letter from my solicitor

Don't give up hope. I know it's frustrating to wait for the UKBA news. My brother is still waiting, hope he will receive news soon as well.

I come back once in a while :) Hope to see some good news soon

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystardust » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Klow

It's not very clear that being given ILR via 14 yr residency means overiding the residential requirement;
"Not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period" as the last 5 years one would have been in breach of this requirement. Worth looking into though......Solicitors would know.

chorc123

ILR granted

Post by chorc123 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Finally, my partner got it at last!!!!
We received email from our rep and told us all document has recieved today!!!
It took exactly 8 months for his. Two letters were sent by MP to UKBA and good news finally arrived today.
Yes, I am going to apply citizenship shorty once I have enough money. My rep said people can ask for discretion after 12 months of ILR.

pgmiot

Re: ILR granted

Post by pgmiot » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Congrats, Chorc123, I have read your story, it has been really hard for you and your family, and now, it is all over, and all the best to you for your fresh start in life.

I have a question for you: You mentioned to ask for discretion when applying citizenship. How to ask? do we need to give any particular reason?

Klow, thanks. do you have a valid passport now? if the answer is NO, then how did UKBA issue you the ILR? As I only sent UKBA expired passport, do not have a valid passport. I hope this is not a problem.
chorc123 wrote:Finally, my partner got it at last!!!!
It took exactly 8 months for his. Two letters were sent by MP to UKBA and good news finally arrived today.
Yes, I am going to apply citizenship shorty once I have enough money. My rep said people can ask for discretion after 12 months of ILR.

chorc123

Re: ILR granted

Post by chorc123 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:47 pm

pgmiot wrote:Congrats, Chorc123, I have read your story, it has been really hard for you and your family, and now, it is all over, and all the best to you for your fresh start in life.

I have a question for you: You mentioned to ask for discretion when applying citizenship. How to ask? do we need to give any particular reason?

Klow, thanks. do you have a valid passport now? if the answer is NO, then how did UKBA issue you the ILR? As I only sent UKBA expired passport, do not have a valid passport. I hope this is not a problem.
chorc123 wrote:Finally, my partner got it at last!!!!
Hi, I am not sure what my rep will put in the cover letter. I think each case is different. If I have to have 5 years legal status, then I have over 3 years to go. However, I was told I should be ok to apply now.

guestname40
Newly Registered

ILR approved!!!

Post by guestname40 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I have reading all entries for months and it helped me so much knowing that I wasn't the only one on the same boat. I had call yesterday from my solicitor with great new thatmy application was approved so I am posting my timeline and hope everyone will get approval soon. Thank you to everyone and digging deep.

Application 6/7/2012
Didn't get acknolegmdnt letter
KOL sent 20/7/2012
Debit card payment same day
HO Bio metric letter dated 10/9/2012
Biometrics letter received 12/9/2012 and done same day
Approval letter to solicitor dated 6/3/2013

Scanner

Unlawful stay for 15 years - Help

Post by Scanner » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:28 pm

My Spouse has been in the Uk for about 15 years unlawfully. I am British (from Birth) and did not realise she needed to get her visa renewed after it first expired in 1998 (due to my ignorance about such matters). Now we have realised it, how do we go about getting her stay in the UK Validated.