ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rithy
Newly Registered

british citizenship

Post by Rithy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi Friends,,

Really i need your kind advice. i got ILR last year march. now iam planing to apply British citizenship please some one guide me how to apply ?and what documents have to submit. how much application fee? how long it will be taking normally? can we apply same day service? bcoz i cant wait 6 months like a ILR

Please anyone guide me step by step how to apply.
Kind regards
Sakthi

Amber
Mood:

Re: british citizenship

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Rithy wrote:Hi Friends,,

Really i need your kind advice. i got ILR last year march. now iam planing to apply British citizenship please some one guide me how to apply ?and what documents have to submit. how much application fee? how long it will be taking normally? can we apply same day service? bcoz i cant wait 6 months like a ILR

Please anyone guide me step by step how to apply.
Kind regards
Sakthi
There is no same day service, the documents you need to send are on the relevant form, read it. Use the NCS and you should have a result in 4-6 weeks providing you are eligible.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm

D4109125 wrote:Use the NCS and you should have a result in 4-6 weeks providing you are eligible.
Hello Sakthi,

Take the 4-6 weeks with a pinch of salt. Some lucky applicants had a decision in the space of 2 odd weeks while others (myself included) waited for months.

Be prepared to wait 6+ months and if you get a decision sooner, it will be a bonus!!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 am

BigSam wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Use the NCS and you should have a result in 4-6 weeks providing you are eligible.
Hello Sakthi,

Take the 4-6 weeks with a pinch of salt. Some lucky applicants had a decision in the space of 2 odd weeks while others (myself included) waited for months.

Be prepared to wait 6+ months and if you get a decision sooner, it will be a bonus!!
Please look at people's timeline most people are waiting 4-6 weeks yes some people are unlucky, there's no same day service so nothing you can do.