ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

A.Jadoon

Re: Expedite request through fax?

Post by A.Jadoon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 pm

mmakhan wrote:Hi guys I want to fax my mums medical report to HO as she is in hospital can someone guide me how to fax.can u provide their fax number.
Fax: 08703369405 and the department is "LIVE SECTW", I phoned the HO today and I explained similar situation to the lady over the phone and she gave me this number and the name of the department. Hope this helps.

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 pm

"andie_83"
Hi,
I called HO, sent a complaint e-mail, posted 2 letters to their Liverpool offices and I have now contacted my MP. I will let you know the outcome of the later one as the first 3 things I did caused no response from HO.
Andie

I have done exactly the same as andie but still no response from HO

khanjaan

hi

Post by khanjaan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Guys Alhamdulilah
I got news from my solicitor that they recieve my documents back with passport and ILR Grant letter .And Biometric card to follow .
Very happy guys i cant explain how happy i am .
Inshallah all you guys will get soon my pray for all of you .
Thanks for all your support .
Love you all.

k_alibaba

Re: hi

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 pm

khanjaan wrote:Guys Alhamdulilah
I got news from my solicitor that they recieve my documents back with passport and ILR Grant letter .And Biometric card to follow .
Love you all.
congratulations bro, good luck for the future

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi Andie_83,

Could you be kind enough and post your template of the complaint letters, and the letter to the MP. Or if someone knows where the smshad's template is, that would do also. I have been quite busy and haven't followed the forum over the last month, so I don't know where they are. The search function above doesn't do a good job. I have waited for more than 7 months now, and it's just getting silly now. I'll also call them today. You would think once six months are over, their computers should at least tell them to speed up the stuff without us having to do it. But, as mentioned above, all the wives will understand the offside rule before we understand the workings of HO.

Thanks,
K

[quote="andie_83"]Hi,

I called HO, sent a complaint e-mail, posted 2 letters to their Liverpool offices and I have now contacted my MP.

I will let you know the outcome of the later one as the first 3 things I did caused no response from HO.

Andie[/quote]

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 pm

I have seen the smshad's template, so no need to copy it for me. I think someone said we should put HO complaint number on skydive. Great idea and we should also put the MP and HO complaint letter templates. The way things stand right now, most of us will eventually need them.

K.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Someone suggested to start grouping applications processed by the Liverpool Office and Sheffield. I think it would be good if and extra column is put in the Skydrive to specify this. I have the impression is the Liverpool Office causing the problem, if it is, then we would have better grounds to complain about the service.
kebl303 wrote:I have seen the smshad's template, so no need to copy it for me. I think someone said we should put HO complaint number on skydive. Great idea and we should also put the MP and HO complaint letter templates. The way things stand right now, most of us will eventually need them.

K.

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

are there two different offices which are processing the applications ?

andie_83 wrote:Someone suggested to start grouping applications processed by the Liverpool Office and Sheffield. I think it would be good if and extra column is put in the Skydrive to specify this. I have the impression is the Liverpool Office causing the problem, if it is, then we would have better grounds to complain about the service.
kebl303 wrote:I have seen the smshad's template, so no need to copy it for me. I think someone said we should put HO complaint number on skydive. Great idea and we should also put the MP and HO complaint letter templates. The way things stand right now, most of us will eventually need them.

K.
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

Ged

Post by Ged » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:18 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:are there two different offices which are processing the applications ?

andie_83 wrote:Someone suggested to start grouping applications processed by the Liverpool Office and Sheffield. I think it would be good if and extra column is put in the Skydrive to specify this. I have the impression is the Liverpool Office causing the problem, if it is, then we would have better grounds to complain about the service.

K.
I remember seeing a freedom of information request which was responded by the BA. It says the 10 years category applications are only dealt by Liverpool. It says :
"All applications for ILR 10 year residence are forwarded to
Liverpool Settlement Casework to consider."
A bit long, but a very funny story. If you want to read the whole post;

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... ing-115071

sokwan
Newly Registered

SET(O) application

Post by sokwan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Application type: 10 years long residence
Application made on: 03-09-2012
Fees paid by: Cheque
Biometric letter received: 3-11-2012
Biometric done on: 13-11-2012
Passport and other documents: waiting
BRP: waiting

over 27 weeks up to now. :?

AMH

Post by AMH » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Mubaraka!!

Kindly please advise your timeline
Love you all.
7A8M6H

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 pm

I read somewhere in this forum that the Liverpool office was full and documents were sent to an office in Sheffield....I guess the only way to confirm this is if anyone who's application has been processed by any other office than the Liverpool one comes forwards and say so.

On the other hand, if this is true and everything is handled by the Liverpool office, I guess the reason why some cases are being dealt quicker is because of the sort of documents sent. I read all the post

and according to this some people get their documents quicker because of the sort of documents provided and the checks needed which are carried by entities other than HO are done quicker.

So, I guess the only way to investigate why some of us are still waiting is if we compare the documents we sent to HO...tracking what makes some applications quicker might help future applicants. Of course if what HO says is true....
Ged wrote:
adkh2_1 wrote:are there two different offices which are processing the applications ?

K.
I remember seeing a freedom of information request which was responded by the BA. It says the 10 years category applications are only dealt by Liverpool. It says :
"All applications for ILR 10 year residence are forwarded to
Liverpool Settlement Casework to consider."
A bit long, but a very funny story. If you want to read the whole post;

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Love you all.
congrats khanjaan, what about your wife visa ? has she got it, any info, because iam in same situation

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I got a response from MP within 1 hour...it is HORRIBLE NEWS!! but read cuz I am sure this concerns lots of people!

"Thank you for your email,

I have just spoken to the MPs Hotline at UKBA and there is both good and disappointing news:

The good news is that your application is in order, all relevant information has been submitted (your biometric details etc) and there is no administrative problem with the application.

However, the application was last looked into on 28th January 2013 (when they noted your address change) and is still outstanding, with no indication of any further timescale. It is with the caseworking team, but has not yet been allocated to a caseworker.

I know that they have a huge backlog at the moment, because of a significant increase in applications. They tell me they have increased staff numbers to deal with the backlog but, whilst they say 99% of applications are usually decided within 6 months, our experience is that, unfortunately, it is more like 9 months at the moment.

I’m sorry, as I know this is very frustrating for you. However, unless there are “exceptional circumstances” which only really applies to a death in the family, they will not expedite the application.

I will phone them again this time next week and then at least once a week until this is resolved – I’ll obviously keep you updated too.

I’m sorry not to sound more positive at this stage.

Kind regards"
--------------------
Application sent: 22nd July 2012
Biometrics done: 11 Nov 2012
Last edited by andie_83 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

jewellondon

ILR

Post by jewellondon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm

Applied 6th July 2012
Ack letter- 28 th July 2012
Bio letter - 10.09.2012
Bio Done -- 11.09.2012
Passport and document back-- 13.03.2013
BRP - 13.03.2013(Dx delivery)

Thank you all guys.

Best of luck for everyone

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi all

To Sept applicants, you may wanna read this info

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 6.pdf.html

556 applications made bet 3 and 9 Sept 2012, only 137 successfully completed as of 11 feb 13. Erm- I thought the target was 95% applications within 6 mths...this sounds more like 20%?!!!

malavan1234
Newly Registered

10 years long residancy

Post by malavan1234 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 am

Hi, I just wonder if anyone could help me about my situation. I have got student visa at the moment (tier4) and my wife is here with me as student dependant. She is here in UK for more than 5 years. I have applied for ILR 10 years residency visa in 30 October 2012 and now nearly 5 months past and still waiting for the result. Because of financial problem I am going to withdraw from university.
1. If I do withdraw from university, would it effect on my ILR decision?
2. What will happen to my wife situation if I do withdraw from university? As I wanted to apply FLR(M) for her as soon as I get my ILR!

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Post by malavan1234 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:12 am

Applied 29 October 2012
Ack letter- 31 October 2012
Bio letter - 18 November 2012
Bio Done -- 18 November 2012
Still waiting....... counting weeks and days and looking at the door everyday around 11 am for postman.

19 weeks now

let_koko

Re: 10 years long residancy

Post by let_koko » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 am

@Malavan
You can withdrawal from university and it won't affect your application
Aspa your wife, i dont have a clue, people like Damanisalo who has been very helpful in this forum can help you on that

1. If I do withdraw from university, would it effect on my ILR decision?
2. What will happen to my wife situation if I do withdraw from university? As I wanted to apply FLR(M) for her as soon as I get my ILR![/quote]

Hyper-PK

Any Update Guyes,,,,,,Its been really a long time

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 am

Hi,
Any Update Guys,,,,,,Its been really a long time since you had applied.

tinaysf
anjum.zahra
locomore
Yasy
FTW
star17
frog
lfc4ever
ASIF
kevinwoo
hash_1310
Sul_662

Best of Luck.....

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:02 am

andie_83 wrote:I got a response from MP within 1 hour...it is HORRIBLE NEWS!! but read cuz I am sure this concerns lots of people!

I have just spoken to the MPs Hotline at UKBA and there is both good and disappointing news:

The good news is that your application is in order, all relevant information has been submitted (your biometric details etc) and there is no administrative problem with the application.

However, the application was last looked into on 28th January 2013 (when they noted your address change) and is still outstanding, with no indication of any further timescale. It is with the caseworking team, but has not yet been allocated to a caseworker.

I know that they have a huge backlog at the moment, because of a significant increase in applications. They tell me they have increased staff numbers to deal with the backlog but, whilst they say 99% of applications are usually decided within 6 months, our experience is that, unfortunately, it is more like 9 months at the moment.

I’m sorry, as I know this is very frustrating for you. However, unless there are “exceptional circumstances” which only really applies to a death in the family, they will not expedite the application.

I will phone them again this time next week and then at least once a week until this is resolved – I’ll obviously keep you updated too.

Kind regards"
--------------------

Hi thanks for your info,,,But who knows its a backlog or just a Blacklog,,,,,which was created by their self (a drama) to slow down the entire immigration process so they can crunch their numbers for political reason.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 am

I entirely agree with you.
I do not believe this is just a backlog (at least my case).... I think my documents (and possibly others) were left to gather dust on purpose.

As you say,possibly because political reasons or because simply some caseworker did not like the application for some reason and skipped it/them.

I have friends which applications were fine and HO looked at little tiny discrepancies in the application to refuse it...which afterwards with appealing were reverted...I think when applications fall in such hands and nothing is found....they put them aside. In any case, if there is any other July/August applicants I urge them to contact their MP otherwise I imagine HO won't care if you just wait.

Hyper-PK wrote:
andie_83 wrote:I got a response from MP within 1 hour...it is HORRIBLE NEWS!! but read cuz I am sure this concerns lots of people!

Kind regards"
--------------------

Hi thanks for your info,,,But who knows its a backlog or just a Blacklog,,,,,which was created by their self (a drama) to slow down the entire immigration process so they can crunch their numbers for political reason.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 am

andie_83 wrote:I entirely agree with you.
I do not believe this is just a backlog (at least my case).... I think my documents (and possibly others) were left to gather dust on purpose.

As you say,possibly because political reasons or because simply some caseworker did not like the application for some reason and skipped it/them.

I have friends which applications were fine and HO looked at little tiny discrepancies in the application to refuse it...which afterwards with appealing were reverted...I think when applications fall in such hands and nothing is found....they put them aside. In any case, if there is any other July/August applicants I urge them to contact their MP otherwise I imagine HO won't care if you just wait.

Hyper-PK wrote:

Kind regards"
--------------------

I think you are right that the backlog is artificial. With so many immigration categories now closed, there is no rational explanation why and how any backlog can build up.

Everyone who waited for 6 months should contact with their MPs. All these difficulties we are suffering is definitely politically motivated. Case workers in the BA are just tools of anti-migration sentiments common within the British politics (and society really). Therefore only politicians can fix this problem. We should at least make the politicians aware that there are real humans and family tragedies behind these numbers.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 years long residancy

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 am

malavan1234 wrote:Because of financial problem I am going to withdraw from university.
What do you mean by withdraw? have you got any outstanding fee to pay every month or so?
There are many ways to uphold them by speaking to the National Union Students and get some grace time by explaining your financial situation (Only to buy some time). Once you get your decision, you can openly declare that its beyond your affordability to continue with your studies.
malavan1234 wrote:1. If I do withdraw from university, would it effect on my ILR decision?
NO
malavan1234 wrote:2. What will happen to my wife situation if I do withdraw from university? As I wanted to apply FLR(M) for her as soon as I get my ILR!
Personally I think, you shouldn't risk withdrawing from the University until/unless you make your wife's FLR(M). As some universities are more adamant about reporting to the UKBA as soon as a change has triggered. If this happens then your wife's previous stay would be void and she might be asked to re-apply for an EC rather than FL, again bear in mind that she'd risk getting considered under the new rules...So think twice and act wise...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:02 pm

AMH wrote:Mubaraka!!

Kindly please advise your timeline
Love you all.
My timeline
Date of app: 08/08/12
Acknowledgement letter: 16/08/2012
Invite for bio-metric: 7/11/12
Bio-metric enrolled: 08/11/12
Documents received: 13/03/13
ILR approval date Bio Card: 14/03/13
Guys very Happy .
Thanks for all the support